Summer Shape-Up Challenge Results!

robert

Who should win our Summer Shape-Up Challenge?  

90 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Great job everybody! Thanks to whoever voted for me. You have NO idea how hard it is to make changes between close comps--esp. since there was a weeklong vaycay in there too. If you want to see where I started, check out the spring shape up challenge. Anyway, the pics for the show these afters (pink suit) preceded by a couple of weeks were great. Best I've ever looked!

Warning for those with weak stomachs: I entered the Jan to June one too. The befores are pretty darn scary. My goal? Not to gain so much post-show. I hope to have gained upper body size in the off season, but that's not an appropriate "goal statement" for the Jan-June challenge since I did most of my bulking Oct-Jan. My trainer says the weight gain was inevitable after losing so much weight and dieting down for so many shows, but. . .gross!

Anyhow, there should be a big change from my bulking befores to the May show (if not, I won't compete--hello! ), I'll take another set of pics then, and then my goal is not to blow up as much post-show for the June afters. Hopefully I'll be able to come in looking better this Fall than last if I can do that.

...I think everyone has done so well, I really can't pick among them. They all seem to have achieved pretty equal amounts of change with respect to their own selves and stated goals, and then comparing those amounts among them. But I'll look at the pics some more later, maybe I'll notice something different.

Contests always make me sad for those who don't "win." Everyone in the world should be a winner because then there would be no losers.

I know what you but this group chose to be voted on. There were about 25 people involved in the challenge but only 6 wanted to be voted on so they knew there would technically be "winners."

I agree that everyone is a winner and it's hard to choose. I could give a valid argument for each person to be the "winner" (mostly due to my bodybuilding eye, Daywalker has the same ability to notice certain things).

Part of the motivation is $1000 in prizes, but even more is to show images of the hard work and the results. I think that is the main reason these people chose to have their photos displayed publicly.

I am the same way. I always enter photos for a variety of contests. I think it's just part of my personality and these half dozen people share that too.

I do know what you mean though, and I feel the same way. They are all winners, but for this contest we'll have them placed 1st-6th and award prizes accordingly.

Great feedback, thanks!

Okay--I see what you mean now! I was looking at this from my own perspective rather than from the perspective of a bodybuilder (which I've always wanted to be but could never be, though I work at staying fit). You're right about knowing something will be a "contest" when people enter--I think that's probably the case in general with this stuff. I just always feel bad picking among individuals because that's my personality: I'm not crazy about seeming hierarchies. But I hear what you're saying/implying about wanting to reward people so they stay motivated to keep breaking seeming limits.

I'll look over the pics and info later when I can devote more time to them: because everyone seems to have done so equally well, maybe any differences between their change amounts are really subtle. Not that I'm an expert on this because I'm not. I just got the email sent out to everyone and wanted to explain how I felt before putting in my two cents, for what my two cents are worth, which may be diddly.

Okay--I see what you mean now! I was looking at this from my own perspective rather than from the perspective of a bodybuilder (which I've always wanted to be but could never be, though I work at staying fit). You're right about knowing something will be a "contest" when people enter--I think that's probably the case in general with this stuff. I just always feel bad picking among individuals because that's my personality: I'm not crazy about seeming hierarchies. But I hear what you're saying/implying about wanting to reward people so they stay motivated to keep breaking seeming limits.

I'll look over the pics and info later when I can devote more time to them: because everyone seems to have done so equally well, maybe any differences between their change amounts are really subtle. Not that I'm an expert on this because I'm not. I just got the email sent out to everyone and wanted to explain how I felt before putting in my two cents, for what my two cents are worth, which may be diddly.

Thanks for writing. Don't feel like you have to vote either. I'm not voting, but I kinda know who I'd probably vote for if I did. The main reason I'm not voting is because I'm the organizer, so I'm not allowed to.

But I think the contestants do want more votes. The more votes, the more popular it is, the greater chance we'll do more of these contests, and the greater appreciation for their hard work (knowing people are taking the time to read their bios, look over their photos and cast a vote).

I totally know what you mean and I have a hard time with voting in general too and I often keep it annonymous.

Take care.

only 6 wanted to be voted on so they knew there would technically be "winners."

I agree that everyone is a winner and it's hard to choose. ...even more is to show images of the hard work and the results. I think that is the main reason these people chose to have their photos displayed publicly.

What he said Although the photos of me are by no means pretty, they are great incentive for me to continue to work hard to improve

Your photos are GREAT! I'm very proud of you and the rest. I have a pretty good eye for seeing changes in the body since that is what I do as a bodybuilder. So I can really see the results for everyone and you did exceptionally well.

Thanks for your involvement in our challenge and well done!

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

There is one going on right now and the others will be organized by whoever wants to set it up.

I'm not organizing anymore but anyone from here can create a challenge and I can help provide advertising for it and some prizes.

There are some great transformations out there!

• 5 months later...
  • 4 years later...
  • 2 weeks later...