Robert's Blog: "Everything is Awesome"

• Replies 627
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Will do. I might have to try to get a picture of you and I fake arm wrestling (it better be fake, you'll snap my twig arm with a mere flinch of yours!) for my girlfriend, she just got hit-and-runned by a school bus (don't worry, she wasn't hurt badly) and it would make her really happy

L.A. has been awesome so far! It is great seeing old friends and aquaintences and just having a fun time. It is pretty exhausting but we're working hard, networking, dining in style with awesome people in the industry and all is well.

I love Natural Product Expo West! Tomorrow I'll hang out with VeganEssentials and other cool people and I look forward to it.

Time to sleep!

I am loving Southern California right now!

Photos and details to follow, but I just trained on muscle beach in Venice this morning, staying on Sunset Blvd. in Hollywood and kicking it with Brendan and his friends, Tonya Kay, and others.

Great time out here and the sun is soooooooo nice!

It keeps me blonde!

Southern California rocks my world right now!

Training at Muscle Beach and Gold's Gym Venice! Both Historic Bodybuilding gyms!

http://i28.photobucket.com/albums/c210/VeganBodybuilder/beach2.jpg

http://i28.photobucket.com/albums/c210/VeganBodybuilder/golds3.jpg

I still have two more days here and then I look forward to my return in July!

Thanks! Southern California was Great! Really, it was.....it was so nice not to have meetings, obligations, appointments, etc. that we all have to deal with when we're "home" or near "work." I did work for 4 days that I was there and usually it was a 12-hour day plus meetings and dinner meetings, but the next 3 1/2 days were amazing. Just Brendan and I totally relaxing and we also spent a bit of time with SmartMonkey Ani and Tonya Kay, both great people and friends of ours.

I'm back home now and back to "work" and seem to be behind on everything.

I look forward to more time spent in Southern California in the near future!

I'm off to Seattle this weekend and then back to Seattle again a month from now. Then as far as I know......L.A. will be my next stop unless I go somewhere in June before the July trip to the City of Angels.

• 1 month later...

Time to get back to blogging!

I actually like this kind of thing (journaling, blogging, write-ups and recaps, etc.).

10 days until my competition.

My thoughts........

I'm excited. I haven't competed in nearly a year and a I had a sub-par year last year on stage. I'm a bit nervous because it is a local contest and I think more friends than have ever come to one of my contests will be at this one.

I know that I don't have a lot of size and thickness and that I'll have to rely on my conditioning to look good up on stage. I think it will be a small contest with few entrees so I have no idea what my competition will be like. A bunch of us could get lumped together.

It will be fun for sure. I'm training pretty hard and I've been consistent for a couple of months now so that is good.

It's after midnight again and I never seem to get to bed as early as I want.

Time to eat a bit more and sleep. I'll try to start blogging again soon

• 2 weeks later...

I'm getting a bit excited now. It has been about a year since I last competed and I'm just really getting into bodybuilding again.

I compete in 36 hours.

I still feel like I'm too thin, and don't have the muscle size and thickness and density that I'd like to have but I can't do much about it in the next day and a half.

In some photos I look better than I've ever looked. In other photos I just look skinny.

I'll give a report in a couple of days. It should be a lot of fun!

Check out the Bodybuilding section for my contest details.

Today I'm just relaxing. That's it. I haven't done anything yet. I woke up at 10:20AM and have just been e-mailing, listening to music and hanging out.

Later I might get a massage and I'll prepare some asparagus and some yams and do some tanning later tonight.

I'm just relaxing since I'm 24 hours away from competing. I only compete a couple of times a year so I just have to focus.

I don't even think I'll do cardio today. My body won't change that much in 24 hours since I'm a natural bodybuilder. I'm reducing water intake and doing a carb load but other than that, not much will change. I may do some biceps curls later tonight but that will be it, if that.

Today is about rest and recovery. I guess I better start putting my posing routine together!

I'll work on that soon.

Around 4PM if that is cool ?

Sometime around 4-4:30PM would work well for me if that works?

I'm hoping to head back home by 5-6PM because I have to do some tanning stuff and do final prep work for my contest (prepare stuff for tomorrow buy any last minute items I'll need, etc.).

Thanks! I'll be on stage in a little over 12 hours. I better go sleep now. I learned another forum member or two will be coming so that will be nice. We'll have a small crowd of forum members and other vegans in the community.

I'll post results soon

As site admin it is funny that I can't figure out how to add a new avatar properly, even after reading the instructions

One time it took me like 2 hours and then I read the instructions and it was fine but this time I just can't figure it out to get it the size I want it to be.

Oh well, off to bed soon. It has been nice eating whatever I like again (after my contest) and I'll keep it up for a while. I still plan to compete June 9th.

Yeah, I always use photobucket, I'm just way too blonde even with tanning cream in my hair, turning it more of a brawnsberry frost color.

I'll sort it out tomorrow I think. Time for a bit more food and some sleep.

I can't always be superman.

http://i28.photobucket.com/albums/c210/VeganBodybuilder/comp25.jpg

I think I'm going to persue some fitness modeling before I get too old! I've known for a while that I'm pretty photogenic and I think I can take advantage of the fact that I've worked hard to be fit too. So that is typically a winning combination.

I'll start taking photos soon. I was messing around after pre-judging at my bodybuilding event and got some "cute" photos out of it

http://i28.photobucket.com/albums/c210/VeganBodybuilder/comp20.jpg

http://i28.photobucket.com/albums/c210/VeganBodybuilder/comp21.jpg

http://i28.photobucket.com/albums/c210/VeganBodybuilder/comp17.jpg

http://i28.photobucket.com/albums/c210/VeganBodybuilder/comp6.jpg

• 1 month later...

I was a guest judge at a comedy show tonight in Portland. It was awesome!!!!

Anyway, I was flexing for the crowd since I compete tomorrow and I hurt my shoulder So it's funny I hurt myself showing off the night before competing. It's not bad and only hurts when I do most muscular poses and shoulder flexes. No pain at all flexing arms, chest, or back so I'm good.

The comedy show was great! Thanks to all those who came out. C.O. was the organizer of the event and it was sweet!

I just woke up and my shoulder is quite sore! I hope I can still flex properly in a few hours when I compete.

Time to get ready and head to Corvallis. I'll post results, updates and photos later on this weekend.

• 2 weeks later...