Vegan Bodybuilding & Fitness

Healthy Food Defines You
It is currently Fri Sep 19, 2014 7:02 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 235 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 16  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 25, 2007 6:39 pm 
Elephant

pazios2002 wrote:
also, I like the pics, people dont put enough pics in their journals. I really like your gym, I love home gyms.

you could model gym equipment.

lol, thank-you pazios2002!

pazios2002 wrote:
what happenned with the abdominal pain?

I am guessing that it is cleared up.

Yes, much better, I had an incision abscess, but easily taken care of so, no worries.

JW wrote:
Hey Seasiren

Great to see you posting :D
great workouts!

How are the kids?

Hope all is well and good luck with the training!!!!!!

Thanks JW! The kids are awesome :)

DV wrote:
Looks like you made some progress since January, especially considering that you took a month off. Thanks for posting the pics!

thanks DV!
markc7 wrote:
Good work, keep it up!

Thank-you Mark!

Closed Grip Lat Pull-down Warm-up 10x65lbs(29.5kg)x1, 6x80lbs(36.3kg)x3
Straight Leg Dead Lifts Warm-up 10x15lbs(6.8kg)x1, 6x75lbs(34kg)x3
Bent Over Barbell Rows 6x35lbs(15.9kg)x1, 6X45(20.4kg)X2
Lying Leg Curls 6x35lbs(15.9kg)x3
Reverse Barbell Curls 12x15lbs(6.8kg)x1, 6x25lbs(11.3kgs)x2
Seated Calf Raises Warm-up 12x25lbs(11.3kg)x1, 12x60lbs(27.2kg)x2
Concentration Curls 6x15lbs(6.8kg)x3
2 sets 25 decline crunches
stretching

Reverse Barbell Curls were an issue today. My thumb totally lost it's grip on one of the last reps and I nearly dropped the whole darn thing. This may be unavoidable, Old injury which never fully recovered. No worries though. If it continues to be an issue, I will have to simply choose another exercise.

Pretty good day today! I got a lot done at work. And.....I landed another modeling gig, bikini shoot, so I am thrilled :) My "hobby" seems to have turned into work more and more, but I'm enjoying it.

The Good: Landed the modeling job
The Bad: Thumb was a bit of a problem today
The ugly: My gym equipment is covered in pollen! (and so is my cars, and my deck and my house and my boat and my kayaks.....)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 26, 2007 6:55 pm 
Elephant

40min incline treadmill, interval training

The Good: Forced a workout even though I'm beat
The Bad: Girls went to rockclimbing today (wall) and after an hour of them trying to get the wall inverted (it was broke) we had to leave because the girls had a pool party to get to :(
The Ugly: My hair after standing on the Bay for an hour, the wind blown look isn't pretty. Bad thing is, I know better! And should have had it pulled back.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 27, 2007 11:36 am 
Elephant

SeaSiren wrote:
pazios2002 wrote:
also, I like the pics, people dont put enough pics in their journals. I really like your gym, I love home gyms.

you could model gym equipment.

lol, thank-you pazios2002!

pazios2002 wrote:
what happenned with the abdominal pain?

I am guessing that it is cleared up.

Yes, much better, I had an incision abscess, but easily taken care of so, no worries.

JW wrote:
Hey Seasiren

Great to see you posting :D
great workouts!

How are the kids?

Hope all is well and good luck with the training!!!!!!

Thanks JW! The kids are awesome :)

DV wrote:
Looks like you made some progress since January, especially considering that you took a month off. Thanks for posting the pics!

thanks DV!
markc7 wrote:
Good work, keep it up!

Thank-you Mark!

Closed Grip Lat Pull-down Warm-up 10x65lbs(29.5kg)x1, 6x80lbs(36.3kg)x3
Straight Leg Dead Lifts Warm-up 10x15lbs(6.8kg)x1, 6x75lbs(34kg)x3
Bent Over Barbell Rows 6x35lbs(15.9kg)x1, 6X45(20.4kg)X2
Lying Leg Curls 6x35lbs(15.9kg)x3
Reverse Barbell Curls 12x15lbs(6.8kg)x1, 6x25lbs(11.3kgs)x2
Seated Calf Raises Warm-up 12x25lbs(11.3kg)x1, 12x60lbs(27.2kg)x2
Concentration Curls 6x15lbs(6.8kg)x3
2 sets 25 decline crunches
stretching

Reverse Barbell Curls were an issue today. My thumb totally lost it's grip on one of the last reps and I nearly dropped the whole darn thing. This may be unavoidable, Old injury which never fully recovered. No worries though. If it continues to be an issue, I will have to simply choose another exercise.

Pretty good day today! I got a lot done at work. And.....I landed another modeling gig, bikini shoot, so I am thrilled :) My "hobby" seems to have turned into work more and more, but I'm enjoying it.

The Good: Landed the modeling job
The Bad: Thumb was a bit of a problem today
The ugly: My gym equipment is covered in pollen! (and so is my cars, and my deck and my house and my boat and my kayaks.....)

Great job on the modeling gig. :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 27, 2007 8:34 pm 
Elephant

pazios2002 wrote:
Great job on the modeling gig. :D

Thank-you! :)

Today was Rest day (and I use that lightly). It was also Murphy's Law Day, between car failures, lab reschedules, telephone failures, long waits, still broken items after they were "fixed", keys getting locked in my truck, and so on and so on. Just got home and I am beat. I have an appearance to get ready for that I need to be at at 9AM.....*sigh*

I think a glass of wine is in order. I would say "what else could possibly go wrong", but from experience.....a lot could, so I'll just be quiet and ride out this wave best I can. It's just one of those days......it's OK really I'm sure there is a really good day ahead to make up for this one, :lol:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Apr 28, 2007 5:03 pm 
Elephant

Local promo went well. I got my sponsor in the paper, and pics. Also got to speak with many, many people and raised money for the no kill shelter. Here's a pic, there is more in members photos:

Seated Dumbbell Press Warm-up 10x12lb (5.4kg) x1, 6x20lb (9kg) x 3
Leg Extensions Warm-up 12x50lb(22.7kg)x1, 8x100lb(45.4kg)x3, 100lbs was a bit harder today, so didn’t get back to 110 this week.
Skull Crushers Warm-up 10x15lb(6.8kg)x1, 6x35lb(15.9kg)x3, still easy using the new technique I learned and I am comfortable with it, so bumping next week.
Lateral Raises 10x15lb (6.8kg)x 2
Seated Calf Raises 12x50lb(22.7kg)x1, 10x75lb(34kg)x3
Tricep Push Downs 10x50lb(22.7kg)x2
Stretching

The Good: Lot’s of fun at the beach today for the charity walk!
The Bad: Going to go get my belly pierced now, I want too, but am still scared
The Ugly: That’ll be tonight after the belly piercing swells

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Apr 28, 2007 5:43 pm 
Elephant

SeaSiren wrote:
Local promo went well. I got my sponsor in the paper, and pics. Also got to speak with many, many people and raised money for the no kill shelter. Here's a pic, there is more in members photos:

Seated Dumbbell Press Warm-up 10x12lb (5.4kg) x1, 6x20lb (9kg) x 3
Leg Extensions Warm-up 12x50lb(22.7kg)x1, 8x100lb(45.4kg)x3, 100lbs was a bit harder today, so didn’t get back to 110 this week.
Skull Crushers Warm-up 10x15lb(6.8kg)x1, 6x35lb(15.9kg)x3, still easy using the new technique I learned and I am comfortable with it, so bumping next week.
Lateral Raises 10x15lb (6.8kg)x 2
Seated Calf Raises 12x50lb(22.7kg)x1, 10x75lb(34kg)x3
Tricep Push Downs 10x50lb(22.7kg)x2
Stretching

The Good: Lot’s of fun at the beach today for the charity walk!
The Bad: Going to go get my belly pierced now, I want too, but am still scared
The Ugly: That’ll be tonight after the belly piercing swells

I love your good , bad and ugly snippets :lol: :lol: :lol:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Apr 29, 2007 9:56 am 
Elephant

pazios2002 wrote:
I love your good , bad and ugly snippets :lol: :lol: :lol:

Thanks! :mrgreen:

Piercing went better than I expected.
OK, here it is:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 30, 2007 6:15 pm 
Elephant

Wide Grip Lat Pull-down Warm-up 10x65lbs(29.5kg)x1, 6x80lbs(36.3kg)x3 -harder than usual today
Straight Leg Dead Lifts Warm-up 10x15lbs(6.8kg)x1, 6x85(38.6kg)x3
Seated Cable Rows Warm-up 6x85lbs(38.6kg)x3
Barbell Curls Warm-up 12x20lbs(9.1kg)x1, 6x40lbs(18.1kg)x3 -also harder then usual
Lying Leg Curls -ummmm didn't happen! I thought about it, but belly is still tender, and I thought lying on a new puncture wound while grinding it into a bench might not be the smartest thing I've done. So, will have to find a replacement for these next few weeks.
Hammer Curls 6x20(9.1kg)x3
2 sets 25 decline crunches -easy
stretching

The Good: a beautiful sunny day today, summer is on it's way, yay!
The Bad: Didn't get my leg curls in today
The Ugly: Pollen count still very high, my black workout wear is streaked with yellow even after I tried to wipe the equipment down....I thin it just flew up into the air and came back down where it started, lol

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 30, 2007 6:45 pm 
Elephant

SeaSiren wrote:
Wide Grip Lat Pull-down Warm-up 10x65lbs(29.5kg)x1, 6x80lbs(36.3kg)x3 -harder than usual today
Straight Leg Dead Lifts Warm-up 10x15lbs(6.8kg)x1, 6x85(38.6kg)x3
Seated Cable Rows Warm-up 6x85lbs(38.6kg)x3
Barbell Curls Warm-up 12x20lbs(9.1kg)x1, 6x40lbs(18.1kg)x3 -also harder then usual
Lying Leg Curls -ummmm didn't happen! I thought about it, but belly is still tender, and I thought lying on a new puncture wound while grinding it into a bench might not be the smartest thing I've done. So, will have to find a replacement for these next few weeks.
Hammer Curls 6x20(9.1kg)x3
2 sets 25 decline crunches -easy
stretching

The Good: a beautiful sunny day today, summer is on it's way, yay!
The Bad: Didn't get my leg curls in today
The Ugly: Pollen count still very high, my black workout wear is streaked with yellow even after I tried to wipe the equipment down....I thin it just flew up into the air and came back down where it started, lol

yeah that is one of the draw backs about having the gym on the porch. :( I have to have mine inside. I could never manage the pollen, i would be sooo stuffed up . Your a stronger person then me. :lol:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 02, 2007 12:04 am 
Elephant

pazios2002 wrote:
yeah that is one of the draw backs about having the gym on the porch. :( I have to have mine inside. I could never manage the pollen, i would be sooo stuffed up . Your a stronger person then me. :lol:

:D

OK, here it goes, so to speak....

I have been offered to train under Robbie, diet, training etc. Very strict and honestly had to think about. I'm not quite sure why I needed to hesitate even a bit. I totally respect Robbie including his knowledge, so that's not it. I truly believe my hesitation was believing in myself..... possibly for the first time in my life. I've always put everyone else first. And perhaps was afraid I would let Robbie down or even myself.

I've considered a serious trainer for a while now and who better then him?

Failure is not an option! So I have decided to ride this out as far as it will take me. This means no pity, no whining, no excuses....it also means not posting my training or diet anymore. This is par for course with ALL trainers! So NO 'that's not fair" allowed.

I've come to rely on positive feedback and suggestions from my journals, so 'tis hard. But I feel this is where I am supposed to be, and I will regret not giving 100% to this later.

That being said, my journal will be more of a reflection of struggles, goals, and accomplishments.

I intend to make you all proud and most of all....prove to myself for once that I can do this...

Last Training - 30 min interval on incline tread
Last Meal (you're gonna love this Robbie) beer and tortilla chips with salsa ( yes, i love salt!) :mrgreen:

Robbie...thank-you for believing in me. I intend to make you , me and the entire Vegan community proud....so game on!!! :wink:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 03, 2007 6:17 pm 
Elephant

So day 2 of diet change and my body needs to adjust still. Many "duh" moments today and focusing a bit off. This should go away in a few days.

AM workout was stellar, mostly cardio today. Diet totally clean eating. I'll post yesterday's workout farther below.

So tired, and trying to get into a routine (anything new takes some getting used to). Off to yearly physical, clean bill no worries there. Decided to catch tan on the way home, nice to do nothing even if it was just a few moments of being able to lay down.

I left the roofer's tear off my old shingles when I left this morning, came back home to a great looking new roof. Wow they work fast. And then noticed the dirt and nails on my couch (a bit worse in person, camera didn't bit a lot up):
And then my stair well....who's going to pay the carpet shampooers to come in and clean that (ugly) sea foam green carpet (quite common amongst the homes here by the ocean) it's covered in dirt and debries:
My bedroom.....the trash, and the huge black paper on the back of the bed are all them:

They had destroyed my skylights and had to replace them!!!! Now I ask you, I have cathedral ceilings. Who gets to go up there and paint the trim?:

So as soon as I catch my breath, I'll be cleaning for some time and trying to figure out if they entered the house while I was gone. :evil:

The Good: clean bill of health
The Bad: I'm a bit tuckered due to diet change up
The Ugly: MY house!!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 03, 2007 6:41 pm 
Elephant

Yesterday:

OK, Robbie was on the ball and things started right away! No time to breathe :eek:

Training today was intense. I actually thought I was in somewhat good shape. Apparently I am very, very wrong!!!! I am dying and am not sure I have ever worked so hard in my life. (I'm sure Robbie is finding this intensely amusing at my expense). I had to keep stopping and felt like a total beginner.....I even looked at the training and thought "piece of cake, eh no problemo"

I can not be this lame when he comes in June! I think he will walk back on the plane and go home shaking his head....rofl

OK basically crawled out of WO Day 1 -leg day

Food: so far so good. I've eaten clean since I got the meal plan and am not hungry at all, so no worries there. Except I feel "overly full" :)

The Good: off to a fast start!
The Bad: I am soooo lame :eek:
The Ugly: I think he's going to wonder what the hell he got himself into

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 03, 2007 6:42 pm 
Elephant

I have roofed alot of houses, I am not sure how all that stuff got into your house, was it through the sky light? I have just never entered a house during a roofing job. well if we were the ones building the house at the time, then ofcourse. I am very curious.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 03, 2007 9:44 pm 
Elephant

pazios2002 wrote:
I have roofed alot of houses, I am not sure how all that stuff got into your house, was it through the sky light? I have just never entered a house during a roofing job. well if we were the ones building the house at the time, then ofcourse. I am very curious.

Yeah, they damaged all 3 skylights and had to replace them. I was at work so they didn't come in the house and all the debris came through the skylights (living room, stairs and my bedroom). I've got it all cleaned up....a heads up would have been nice. I'll find out in the AM why I never received a phone call regarding the matter.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat May 05, 2007 9:04 am 
Elephant

I was so exhausted yesterday, no energy to post.

I need to stay at work an extra 3-1/2 hours due to how busy I was, but finally got to a stopping point (sorta) so I could knock out my eve training.

Still doing AM training, (mostly cardio) no problems, but getting used to allowing time for it. Eve training Back and biceps, hard but doable. Didn't realize how much I had done until after and parts worked were shaky :lol:

AM session today (mostly cardio), easier, since I didn't have to get up as early today. Abs are screaming though from ab work.

Diet still on track, beginning to adjust. Clear headed now, but still having problems feeling too full. Decided to step on the scale today....lost 2 lbs. Since I am not in-taking as much sodium as before, prob water weight even though I am drinking tons. So I am overly full and dropping (or maintaining) weight 8)

The Good: Starting to Adjust
The Bad: Still overly full (don't like that feeling)
The Ugly: Me having to get up a bit early for AM cardio.... I suggest anyone in the vicinity steer clear or I might bite their head off :twisted:

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 235 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 16  Next