Yesterday was Day 1!
Eating mostly whole foods is something that we regularly do anyway so this was nothing that out of the ordinary for us. I started the day as I usually do by drinking several (3-5) glasses of water & having a cup of tea. I also had a tiny amount of fruit smoothie - maybe a couple of spoonfuls total. I think I may have had a piece of fruit but I cant remember...
Mid-day food included:
- 1 large-ish bowl of rice, quinoa, curried lentils & kale
- 1 16oz/480ml bottle of home-brew kombucha
- 1 small handful of pinon pine nuts
+ lots of water
For the afternoon & evening I ate:
- 1 large bowl of brown rice, black beans & fresh salsa
- approx. 1/3 of a cantelope melon
- 2 banana's
- 1 tangerine
- 1 apple
- approx. 20 soaked almonds
- approx. 2 oz of mixed flax, sesame & hemp seeds
- approx. 10 medium/large leaves of spinach
+ lots of water & several cups of herbal tea: chamomile, an echinacea blend & a "smooth move" laxative blend
I plan to weigh myself & take my blood pressure/pulse each evening that I can. Yesterday evening's results: 195 lbs, 120/73, 63
Bonus info: My 4 year old is walking around the house singing "Please Don't Touch" by Girlschool/Motorhead!