This Bodybuilding Stuff Never Ends Huh :) ...

Create and maintain your own personal online journal. Log your meals and/or workouts, and monitor your progress. Hold yourself accountable and receive support, suggestions, and be open to feedback.

Moderators: Mini Forklift Ⓥ, C.O., Richard, robert, SyrLinus

xveganjoshx
Elephant

#16 Postby xveganjoshx » Sat May 05, 2007 11:26 pm

Hey all
Yesterday I trained hammys and calves. I made my return to deadlifts. I repped out with 185, and also pulled 225 for 3 reps.

Today I trained chest and some tri's.
Bench 115x10, 145x 7, 6; 135x6
Incline DB's 50's x 9, 7; 55x 4
Then I did some dips, declines, flye's, and burned out with a machine bench. I hit tri's with pushdowns and extensions. Feeling pretty strong as of late. My arms and delts are catching up to my chest and back. Time to eat! :twisted:
The (Vegan) Dating Coach
Buy me a drink if your gonna hit on me like that!
:glasses4: + :glasses5: = :fish:
:usa2: :usa2: :usa2:

xveganjoshx
Elephant

Getting stronger

#17 Postby xveganjoshx » Wed May 16, 2007 2:24 am

Hey guys. I'm getting pretty strong as of late, at least compared to my once weakling self. A year ago I couldn't bench press the bar, today I did 150 pounds for 5 reps :D

I trained Chest and Back today. It was a very different workout than I normally do (actually I rarely if ever train chest and back together so that itself was different). Instead of doing 3 or 4 sets per exercise, I did 2 working sets, with maximum weight, in the 5-8 rep range. The working sets were very heavy. I decided to do only 2 sets because when I do 3 or 4 sets per exercise I get tired after the 2nd set, and lift significantly less than the 1st two sets. By simply changing the exercise I can lift heavier weights. I also alternated between 2 chest sets and 2 back sets. This let me lift even more weight.

Chest, Back
Barbell Bench Press 115 warmup; 145x7, 150x5
Seated Cable row 125 lbx 12, 140x8
Incline DB press 55x8, 8
Bent over DB row 85x 12, 90x8
Flat DB Press 50x8, 55x5
Pullups 2 sets
Dips 2 sets
Pushups to failure

I would like to have done a couple more sets, but the gym closed. I feel pretty good though. We'll see how I feel tomorrow.

I'll train legs next, hopefully tomorrow. I am working out in an LA Fitness right now because I got a free 2 week pass and it is across the street from my apartment. They have a hack squat machine, which I'm pretty excited about :D !
The (Vegan) Dating Coach
Buy me a drink if your gonna hit on me like that!
:glasses4: + :glasses5: = :fish:
:usa2: :usa2: :usa2:

Return to “Online Training Journals & Blogs”