SeaSiren in Figure Contest Mode

• Replies 234
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

also, I like the pics, people dont put enough pics in their journals. I really like your gym, I love home gyms.

you could model gym equipment.

lol, thank-you pazios2002!

what happenned with the abdominal pain?

I am guessing that it is cleared up.

Yes, much better, I had an incision abscess, but easily taken care of so, no worries.

Hey Seasiren

Great to see you posting

great workouts!

How are the kids?

Hope all is well and good luck with the training!!!!!!

Thanks JW! The kids are awesome

Looks like you made some progress since January, especially considering that you took a month off. Thanks for posting the pics!

thanks DV!

Good work, keep it up!

Thank-you Mark!

Closed Grip Lat Pull-down Warm-up 10x65lbs(29.5kg)x1, 6x80lbs(36.3kg)x3

Straight Leg Dead Lifts Warm-up 10x15lbs(6.8kg)x1, 6x75lbs(34kg)x3

Bent Over Barbell Rows 6x35lbs(15.9kg)x1, 6X45(20.4kg)X2

Lying Leg Curls 6x35lbs(15.9kg)x3

Reverse Barbell Curls 12x15lbs(6.8kg)x1, 6x25lbs(11.3kgs)x2

Seated Calf Raises Warm-up 12x25lbs(11.3kg)x1, 12x60lbs(27.2kg)x2

Concentration Curls 6x15lbs(6.8kg)x3

2 sets 25 decline crunches

stretching

Reverse Barbell Curls were an issue today. My thumb totally lost it's grip on one of the last reps and I nearly dropped the whole darn thing. This may be unavoidable, Old injury which never fully recovered. No worries though. If it continues to be an issue, I will have to simply choose another exercise.

Pretty good day today! I got a lot done at work. And.....I landed another modeling gig, bikini shoot, so I am thrilled My "hobby" seems to have turned into work more and more, but I'm enjoying it.

The Good: Landed the modeling job

The Bad: Thumb was a bit of a problem today

The ugly: My gym equipment is covered in pollen! (and so is my cars, and my deck and my house and my boat and my kayaks.....)

40min incline treadmill, interval training

The Good: Forced a workout even though I'm beat

The Bad: Girls went to rockclimbing today (wall) and after an hour of them trying to get the wall inverted (it was broke) we had to leave because the girls had a pool party to get to

The Ugly: My hair after standing on the Bay for an hour, the wind blown look isn't pretty. Bad thing is, I know better! And should have had it pulled back.

also, I like the pics, people dont put enough pics in their journals. I really like your gym, I love home gyms.

you could model gym equipment.

lol, thank-you pazios2002!

what happenned with the abdominal pain?

I am guessing that it is cleared up.

Yes, much better, I had an incision abscess, but easily taken care of so, no worries.

Hey Seasiren

Great to see you posting

great workouts!

How are the kids?

Hope all is well and good luck with the training!!!!!!

Thanks JW! The kids are awesome

Looks like you made some progress since January, especially considering that you took a month off. Thanks for posting the pics!

thanks DV!

Good work, keep it up!

Thank-you Mark!

Closed Grip Lat Pull-down Warm-up 10x65lbs(29.5kg)x1, 6x80lbs(36.3kg)x3

Straight Leg Dead Lifts Warm-up 10x15lbs(6.8kg)x1, 6x75lbs(34kg)x3

Bent Over Barbell Rows 6x35lbs(15.9kg)x1, 6X45(20.4kg)X2

Lying Leg Curls 6x35lbs(15.9kg)x3

Reverse Barbell Curls 12x15lbs(6.8kg)x1, 6x25lbs(11.3kgs)x2

Seated Calf Raises Warm-up 12x25lbs(11.3kg)x1, 12x60lbs(27.2kg)x2

Concentration Curls 6x15lbs(6.8kg)x3

2 sets 25 decline crunches

stretching

Reverse Barbell Curls were an issue today. My thumb totally lost it's grip on one of the last reps and I nearly dropped the whole darn thing. This may be unavoidable, Old injury which never fully recovered. No worries though. If it continues to be an issue, I will have to simply choose another exercise.

Pretty good day today! I got a lot done at work. And.....I landed another modeling gig, bikini shoot, so I am thrilled My "hobby" seems to have turned into work more and more, but I'm enjoying it.

The Good: Landed the modeling job

The Bad: Thumb was a bit of a problem today

The ugly: My gym equipment is covered in pollen! (and so is my cars, and my deck and my house and my boat and my kayaks.....)

Great job on the modeling gig.

Great job on the modeling gig.

Thank-you!

Today was Rest day (and I use that lightly). It was also Murphy's Law Day, between car failures, lab reschedules, telephone failures, long waits, still broken items after they were "fixed", keys getting locked in my truck, and so on and so on. Just got home and I am beat. I have an appearance to get ready for that I need to be at at 9AM.....*sigh*

I think a glass of wine is in order. I would say "what else could possibly go wrong", but from experience.....a lot could, so I'll just be quiet and ride out this wave best I can. It's just one of those days......it's OK really I'm sure there is a really good day ahead to make up for this one,

Local promo went well. I got my sponsor in the paper, and pics. Also got to speak with many, many people and raised money for the no kill shelter. Here's a pic, there is more in members photos:

http://www.denisenicole.com/images/dogwalk1.jpg

Seated Dumbbell Press Warm-up 10x12lb (5.4kg) x1, 6x20lb (9kg) x 3

Leg Extensions Warm-up 12x50lb(22.7kg)x1, 8x100lb(45.4kg)x3, 100lbs was a bit harder today, so didn’t get back to 110 this week.

Skull Crushers Warm-up 10x15lb(6.8kg)x1, 6x35lb(15.9kg)x3, still easy using the new technique I learned and I am comfortable with it, so bumping next week.

Lateral Raises 10x15lb (6.8kg)x 2

Seated Calf Raises 12x50lb(22.7kg)x1, 10x75lb(34kg)x3

Tricep Push Downs 10x50lb(22.7kg)x2

Stretching

The Good: Lot’s of fun at the beach today for the charity walk!

The Bad: Going to go get my belly pierced now, I want too, but am still scared

The Ugly: That’ll be tonight after the belly piercing swells

Local promo went well. I got my sponsor in the paper, and pics. Also got to speak with many, many people and raised money for the no kill shelter. Here's a pic, there is more in members photos:

http://www.denisenicole.com/images/dogwalk1.jpg

Seated Dumbbell Press Warm-up 10x12lb (5.4kg) x1, 6x20lb (9kg) x 3

Leg Extensions Warm-up 12x50lb(22.7kg)x1, 8x100lb(45.4kg)x3, 100lbs was a bit harder today, so didn’t get back to 110 this week.

Skull Crushers Warm-up 10x15lb(6.8kg)x1, 6x35lb(15.9kg)x3, still easy using the new technique I learned and I am comfortable with it, so bumping next week.

Lateral Raises 10x15lb (6.8kg)x 2

Seated Calf Raises 12x50lb(22.7kg)x1, 10x75lb(34kg)x3

Tricep Push Downs 10x50lb(22.7kg)x2

Stretching

The Good: Lot’s of fun at the beach today for the charity walk!

The Bad: Going to go get my belly pierced now, I want too, but am still scared

The Ugly: That’ll be tonight after the belly piercing swells

I love your good , bad and ugly snippets

Wide Grip Lat Pull-down Warm-up 10x65lbs(29.5kg)x1, 6x80lbs(36.3kg)x3 -harder than usual today

Straight Leg Dead Lifts Warm-up 10x15lbs(6.8kg)x1, 6x85(38.6kg)x3

Seated Cable Rows Warm-up 6x85lbs(38.6kg)x3

Barbell Curls Warm-up 12x20lbs(9.1kg)x1, 6x40lbs(18.1kg)x3 -also harder then usual

Lying Leg Curls -ummmm didn't happen! I thought about it, but belly is still tender, and I thought lying on a new puncture wound while grinding it into a bench might not be the smartest thing I've done. So, will have to find a replacement for these next few weeks.

Hammer Curls 6x20(9.1kg)x3

2 sets 25 decline crunches -easy

stretching

The Good: a beautiful sunny day today, summer is on it's way, yay!

The Bad: Didn't get my leg curls in today

The Ugly: Pollen count still very high, my black workout wear is streaked with yellow even after I tried to wipe the equipment down....I thin it just flew up into the air and came back down where it started, lol

Wide Grip Lat Pull-down Warm-up 10x65lbs(29.5kg)x1, 6x80lbs(36.3kg)x3 -harder than usual today

Straight Leg Dead Lifts Warm-up 10x15lbs(6.8kg)x1, 6x85(38.6kg)x3

Seated Cable Rows Warm-up 6x85lbs(38.6kg)x3

Barbell Curls Warm-up 12x20lbs(9.1kg)x1, 6x40lbs(18.1kg)x3 -also harder then usual

Lying Leg Curls -ummmm didn't happen! I thought about it, but belly is still tender, and I thought lying on a new puncture wound while grinding it into a bench might not be the smartest thing I've done. So, will have to find a replacement for these next few weeks.

Hammer Curls 6x20(9.1kg)x3

2 sets 25 decline crunches -easy

stretching

The Good: a beautiful sunny day today, summer is on it's way, yay!

The Bad: Didn't get my leg curls in today

The Ugly: Pollen count still very high, my black workout wear is streaked with yellow even after I tried to wipe the equipment down....I thin it just flew up into the air and came back down where it started, lol

yeah that is one of the draw backs about having the gym on the porch. I have to have mine inside. I could never manage the pollen, i would be sooo stuffed up . Your a stronger person then me.

yeah that is one of the draw backs about having the gym on the porch. I have to have mine inside. I could never manage the pollen, i would be sooo stuffed up . Your a stronger person then me.

OK, here it goes, so to speak....

I have been offered to train under Robbie, diet, training etc. Very strict and honestly had to think about. I'm not quite sure why I needed to hesitate even a bit. I totally respect Robbie including his knowledge, so that's not it. I truly believe my hesitation was believing in myself..... possibly for the first time in my life. I've always put everyone else first. And perhaps was afraid I would let Robbie down or even myself.

I've considered a serious trainer for a while now and who better then him?

Failure is not an option! So I have decided to ride this out as far as it will take me. This means no pity, no whining, no excuses....it also means not posting my training or diet anymore. This is par for course with ALL trainers! So NO 'that's not fair" allowed.

I've come to rely on positive feedback and suggestions from my journals, so 'tis hard. But I feel this is where I am supposed to be, and I will regret not giving 100% to this later.

That being said, my journal will be more of a reflection of struggles, goals, and accomplishments.

I intend to make you all proud and most of all....prove to myself for once that I can do this...

Last Training - 30 min interval on incline tread

Last Meal (you're gonna love this Robbie) beer and tortilla chips with salsa ( yes, i love salt!)

Robbie...thank-you for believing in me. I intend to make you , me and the entire Vegan community proud....so game on!!!

So day 2 of diet change and my body needs to adjust still. Many "duh" moments today and focusing a bit off. This should go away in a few days.

AM workout was stellar, mostly cardio today. Diet totally clean eating. I'll post yesterday's workout farther below.

So tired, and trying to get into a routine (anything new takes some getting used to). Off to yearly physical, clean bill no worries there. Decided to catch tan on the way home, nice to do nothing even if it was just a few moments of being able to lay down.

I left the roofer's tear off my old shingles when I left this morning, came back home to a great looking new roof. Wow they work fast. And then noticed the dirt and nails on my couch (a bit worse in person, camera didn't bit a lot up):

http://www.denisenicole.com/images/roof1.jpg

And then my stair well....who's going to pay the carpet shampooers to come in and clean that (ugly) sea foam green carpet (quite common amongst the homes here by the ocean) it's covered in dirt and debries:

http://www.denisenicole.com/images/roof3.jpg

My bedroom.....the trash, and the huge black paper on the back of the bed are all them:

http://www.denisenicole.com/images/roof2.jpg

They had destroyed my skylights and had to replace them!!!! Now I ask you, I have cathedral ceilings. Who gets to go up there and paint the trim?:

http://www.denisenicole.com/images/roof4.jpg

So as soon as I catch my breath, I'll be cleaning for some time and trying to figure out if they entered the house while I was gone.

The Good: clean bill of health

The Bad: I'm a bit tuckered due to diet change up

The Ugly: MY house!!!

Yesterday:

OK, Robbie was on the ball and things started right away! No time to breathe

Training today was intense. I actually thought I was in somewhat good shape. Apparently I am very, very wrong!!!! I am dying and am not sure I have ever worked so hard in my life. (I'm sure Robbie is finding this intensely amusing at my expense). I had to keep stopping and felt like a total beginner.....I even looked at the training and thought "piece of cake, eh no problemo"

I can not be this lame when he comes in June! I think he will walk back on the plane and go home shaking his head....rofl

OK basically crawled out of WO Day 1 -leg day

Food: so far so good. I've eaten clean since I got the meal plan and am not hungry at all, so no worries there. Except I feel "overly full"

The Good: off to a fast start!

The Bad: I am soooo lame

The Ugly: I think he's going to wonder what the hell he got himself into

I have roofed alot of houses, I am not sure how all that stuff got into your house, was it through the sky light? I have just never entered a house during a roofing job. well if we were the ones building the house at the time, then ofcourse. I am very curious.

I have roofed alot of houses, I am not sure how all that stuff got into your house, was it through the sky light? I have just never entered a house during a roofing job. well if we were the ones building the house at the time, then ofcourse. I am very curious.

Yeah, they damaged all 3 skylights and had to replace them. I was at work so they didn't come in the house and all the debris came through the skylights (living room, stairs and my bedroom). I've got it all cleaned up....a heads up would have been nice. I'll find out in the AM why I never received a phone call regarding the matter.

I was so exhausted yesterday, no energy to post.

I need to stay at work an extra 3-1/2 hours due to how busy I was, but finally got to a stopping point (sorta) so I could knock out my eve training.

Still doing AM training, (mostly cardio) no problems, but getting used to allowing time for it. Eve training Back and biceps, hard but doable. Didn't realize how much I had done until after and parts worked were shaky

AM session today (mostly cardio), easier, since I didn't have to get up as early today. Abs are screaming though from ab work.

Diet still on track, beginning to adjust. Clear headed now, but still having problems feeling too full. Decided to step on the scale today....lost 2 lbs. Since I am not in-taking as much sodium as before, prob water weight even though I am drinking tons. So I am overly full and dropping (or maintaining) weight

The Good: Starting to Adjust

The Bad: Still overly full (don't like that feeling)

The Ugly: Me having to get up a bit early for AM cardio.... I suggest anyone in the vicinity steer clear or I might bite their head off

Today:

AM Training (mostly cardio), broke a glow a bit earlier into the workout then usual, but no problems. Abs still sore, but not screaming anymore. Back and arms are really tight and a little sore.

Last eve, still pretty early in the 6 weeks, Robbie (bless his heart) OKed me a couple of drinks for cinco de mayo celebration....perhaps why I broke a glow a bit early on this AM But other then that feel fine.

MUST go suit shopping!!!! Or I will be down to the wire if it needs adjustments. Need a 2 piece, 1 piece and a 2-piece without accents. Also going to pick up another pair of shoes as a back up. I have 2....but can never have too many Deciding on modeling category, will need a gown if I enter that as well.

Girls had pictures taken yesterday for their Irish Step, I snapped some from the house since they were in costume.

http://www.denisenicole.com/images/vankat1.jpg

This has to be one of my fav's. I can imagine them skipping down a hallway on some horror flick rofl....

http://www.denisenicole.com/images/vankat2.jpg

The Good: I feel really good, lots of energy

The Bad: Had postponed shopping on the suit....now I really need to knock it out

The Ugly: Was supposed to go to Springfest Celebration today, weather way too bad (cold and windy) for it to be enjoyable.

Thanks DV and pazios2002!

No energy to post yesterday, completely exhausted.

Yesterday w/o:

Chest /Shoulders / Triceps Day

I pushed through my workout concentrating on lifting as heavy as I can, and using good form, am not lifting nearly as heavy as before....but that is only my body playing catch up. My triceps kept "locking up" at the end....that was fun, lol

I'm keeping records of weight lifted etc of course, so I (and Robbie) can see progression. This time 2 weeks from now, I should be seeing gains again re: weights lifted.

So far I am not seeing a way around getting a suit made. Everything I have seen in a pre-made or used suit isn't the right size for me. I guess I keep hoping that someone of similar build will be selling their suit. But so far I guess I am an anomaly.

Had to have routine blood work run today, from the yearly physical I had end of last week. Not expecting any surprises on it... so not worried. But had to have it done on a empty stomach. I was at the door when they opened and had coffee waiting in my car when it was over!!!!

Because of Lab work, AM cardio pushed to eve.

Did my AM workout (mostly cardio) when I arrived home after work. I worked pretty late but found a stopping point so I could fit this in.

Still pretty achy, tired and fuzzy (blonder than usual). Eating on track and looking forward to bed. But between now and bed, I'm going to narrow some suits down to at least 3 of each type.

The Good: Hanging in, I'm as strong willed as I thought I was (and this is a trial of will power)

The Bad: Still fuzzy

The Ugly: Noticed my temper is growing at little things. (although I keep it totally under control)

Thanks for the update despite your exhaustion.

My husband and I visit the east coast a few times each year and we are considering visiting during your competition. Would that be okay? I would love to see you compete. If you don't want to give details on this thread, could you pm me and give me the details?

Thanks!