SeaSiren in Figure Contest Mode

Thanks for the update despite your exhaustion.

My husband and I visit the east coast a few times each year and we are considering visiting during your competition. Would that be okay? I would love to see you compete. If you don't want to give details on this thread, could you pm me and give me the details?

Thanks!

I'd be great if you can attend....you can tell me when I fall flat on my face, about at least I was fit! I'll post the details in the next few days.

Bit more energy today, so hoping I am getting through this first part.

AM Training went well (mostly cardio)...really beginning to become automatic now.

Officially 1 week on new training schedule. Retaining water like crazy but some how all my jeans (US size 4) are too big and are sagging in the waist legs and butt! Can't wait 'til my body lets go of some of this water!

http://www.denisenicole.com/images/05092007B.jpg

• Replies 234
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Looking Great!

Awesome work so far! Enjoy the training!

Thank-you Robert

OK once again, to tired to post last evening. This routine is kicking my butt, but I'm totally OK with it. Makes me sleep well

Last eve was leg day again, and I saw gains! yay! Diet it beginning to kick in with energy and my body has more endurance. I was ALMOST able to pull off the entire session without having to rest a bit (only a little). So perhaps Robbie won't turn around and get back on the plane when he comes to stay after all. Was really shaky but didn't feel like I needed to crawl out of the WO. Will be bumping weight next session....so yay!

This AM session (mostly cardio) went easy enough. Although I found my mind wandering and keep checking the time.

I have an official date from comp *drum roll* July 28th in Virginia will be the first one. So I am now just over 11 weeks out.

I am looking at one per month possible (undecided) August 25 New Jersey, September 8 Pennsylvania, October 20th......2 choices here Virginia or New York.

Looks like another shoot is scheduled for June 10th near Annapolis Maryland, Robbie gets in the next day, so I may just stay up there overnight to pick him up in Baltimore the following day.

The Good: I got my comp date *happy dance*

The Bad: Finally decided on a suit, but haven't ordered it yet, and the days are ticking away

The Ugly: I have now officially booked out my entire summer....no free time

Here's another pic from yesterday (loose jeans and all):

http://www.denisenicole.com/images/05092007A.jpg

good job on the training.

Thank-you!

Exhausted again yesterday eve, so posting this AM.

Am going through cycles of pure energy to pure exhaustion, so still working this out. I expect to have this under control by 21 days in.

Yesterday's AM workout (mostly cardio), getting tedious but done. But then again I find doing dishes, making food, doing laundry, etc, tedious, but it has to get done.

Today's AM workout was done in a "meeting". I was told I should be able to speak so it actually made it go by faster and I got much accomplished business wise. (Now I just have to figure out how to do that every morning). My biggest thing with cardio is my mind wandering on the 101 other things I need to be doing....so if I can figure out to to do that, it'll be gold!

Last eve's workout, Back & Biceps....back goes easy enough...But I am so weak Biceps are always a struggle for me, especially holding form. The rest of the night the muscles stayed tight and I ached all night. Still achy this morning...not sore, just aching. Good though, I worked them well, now I just need to think "grow"

I'm going to get my suit designer to send me fabric samples, so I can have an idea before I go up on fabric. I'll ask her is she has samples in store I can try on. I must order by 1st week of June, or the suits won't be ready in time. I think they would frown on me competing in the nude

The Good: might have this tedious cardio kicked

The Bad: The exhaustion cycle

The Ugly: Last night was the first time I had and cravings thus far....it was for something (anything) fried

I kept getting e-mails and PM's regarding me being in the paper locally. My wonderful neighbor brought me the photo and little article, about the charity dog walk I did. Very nicely done, and so sweet of so many people to take the time to mention it to me.

seasiren wrote:

The Good: might have this tedious cardio kicked

The Bad: The exhaustion cycle

The Ugly: Last night was the first time I had and cravings thus far....it was for something (anything) fried

French Fries all the time for me. Also popcorn wth earth balance on it.

[ My wonderful neighbor brought me the photo and little article, about the charity dog walk I did. Very nicely done, and so sweet of so many people to take the time to mention it to me.

Any chance you can post the photo? I love charity dog anythings!! Also, congrats on the jeans getting to be to large!! I love that!

French Fries all the time for me. Also popcorn wth earth balance on it.

Mmmm, fries! There's a little place out here on the boardwalk named "Thrasher's" their fries are sooo good! They cut them and fry them right there in peanut oil. The line to order stretches quite far down the board walk on any given day.

Any chance you can post the photo? I love charity dog anythings!! Also, congrats on the jeans getting to be to large!! I love that!

There's a pic on page 3 of my journal. I'll see if I can scan the one the paper used.

Love the jeans being too big! I won't jean shop now since summer is so close. But it'll be interesting in the fall since most stores only carry as low as a size 4. I'll have to shop at the skate/surf shops now with the teens

Migraine today, just now able to stand up. So just got out of bed (it's now 2:30PM here). Training wise today is a wash.....no way I can train when I can barely stand....but I'll try to pick up my meals from here out today and reschedule lifting one day off all week since today was supposed to be a lifting day.

Going to try get myself together enough to go into work and get something.....anything done. Monday's are bad enough playing catch up from the weekend, adding another day into the mix and I will be so miserable tomorrow.

Tired and shaky today, AM training (mostly cardio), I took it slow in case the dizziness came back. Mild headache today, but not too bad. Robbie wants me to stay on track so I'm just picking up whee I left off. New diet begins today....I guess we begin the cut. Photo shoot less then 3 weeks out now.

The Good: Migraine is gone and I lived

The Bad: I feel awful for missing a day

The Ugly: I had dropped everything I've tried to pick up today, keep tripping over nothing at all, stabbed myself with a knife this morning, and guess what's infected....yep belly ring infected and bleeding *sigh*

The Ugly: I had dropped everything I've tried to pick up today, keep tripping over nothing at all, stabbed myself with a knife this morning, and guess what's infected....yep belly ring infected and bleeding *sigh*[/color]

OMG!!!! Get better soon

Tired and shaky today, AM training (mostly cardio), I took it slow in case the dizziness came back. Mild headache today, but not too bad. Robbie wants me to stay on track so I'm just picking up whee I left off. New diet begins today....I guess we begin the cut. Photo shoot less then 3 weeks out now.

The Good: Migraine is gone and I lived

The Bad: I feel awful for missing a day

The Ugly: I had dropped everything I've tried to pick up today, keep tripping over nothing at all, stabbed myself with a knife this morning, and guess what's infected....yep belly ring infected and bleeding *sigh*

when it rains it pours, I hope that you feel better.

OMG!!!! Get better soon

Thanks!

when it rains it pours, I hope that you feel better.

This is true, it always seems to go that way! Thanks!

Energy is better again this morning, but what I have learned so far is that can change pretty quickly

AM Training (mostly cardio) was interesting. Reset my tread incline per Robbie, and had to bump the pace to get to the same point in heart rate/breathing. I think I tried to go faster than it several times almost running into the console, lol......OK this may take a few times to get used to

Doing fine on the new diet intake. Leg day tonight, woohoo!

Ohh, this is fun!

So much fun that my competition nerve is making itself noticed and I SWORE I'd never go back to it...

Anyways: great fun that you post pictures. I love pictures and so does everyone else

For your piercing - clean it with rock salt (½ tsp in a shot glass of water) twice a day - preferably after a shower. Don't clean it with soap or anything as it might make it worse.

Your coach has probably told you this a thousand times but it can't be said enough times: Practice, practice, practice and when you don't want anymore, practice some more on your posing! That is VERY important! Also try posing without a mirror and have someone polaroid you. You can learn a lot from that (and don't forget to smile )

When the craving kicks in - that's when the tough gets going! With 10 weeks to go, it's going to get worse. A lot worse. And when it does - I've got a gazilion tips for you

Ohh this is so exiting!!! I wish you all the luck in the WORLD!!!

go! Go! GO!

Ohh, this is fun!

So much fun that my competition nerve is making itself noticed and I SWORE I'd never go back to it...

Anyways: great fun that you post pictures. I love pictures and so does everyone else

For your piercing - clean it with rock salt (½ tsp in a shot glass of water) twice a day - preferably after a shower. Don't clean it with soap or anything as it might make it worse.

Your coach has probably told you this a thousand times but it can't be said enough times: Practice, practice, practice and when you don't want anymore, practice some more on your posing! That is VERY important! Also try posing without a mirror and have someone polaroid you. You can learn a lot from that (and don't forget to smile )

When the craving kicks in - that's when the tough gets going! With 10 weeks to go, it's going to get worse. A lot worse. And when it does - I've got a gazilion tips for you

Ohh this is so exiting!!! I wish you all the luck in the WORLD!!!

go! Go! GO!

Thanks for stopping in!

Yeah, I have done the salt soaks 10min each soak 2x's a day, and now the darn thing is all blown up and keeps oozing when I move....not real pretty!

I'd be interested to see what happens when the cravings kick in, when I used to show (horses) I would go 1-2 days on coffee, diet soda and water (and cigarettes).....never got hungry. Today was the first day I got hungry, but I got busy and forgot I was hungry, then had to force food again. This whole experience is how I can be in control my own mind (sounds like you know all about it!)

Yeah, the practicing has been pushed really hard.....just hope I am not doing it wrong and learning bad habits. It is really the same as when I did ballet as a child, cheer-leading as a teen and riding all into my young adult life.....pose for the judges, practice, practice, ,practice, pose for the judges... So I am trying to constantly practice the poses, and cheerleader smile

Maybe it'll hit me later....I'm not saying it's been easy. Just not such a big deal. I have to eat anyway, food is only energy to accomplish what I want, I've been working out for a while, now it's just different and so far not afraid to get on stage. The biggest difference is the focus, the schedules and the end game...I enjoy having a goal, it pushes me......let's hope this continues

Leg Day Last evening went better than last week. Thus each week I am progressing. Was able to complete everything to max reps and was oh so close on the calves, only a few reps away but had total failure. I think I may have it by next week. Just after squats I fell into the rack system as my legs totally gave way...but I was able to catch myself with my arms, avoiding getting hurt Walking down stairs today was a feat in itself, and use of the railing was necessary.

I was totally exhausted again after training (mostly cardio) and only wanted to sleep. Am Training was harder then normal since I was still tired.

Still don't have this thing down yet! All I wanted to do all day was sleep. I did not want to eat, nor was I hungry. So forced meals again. The best thing is my I don't give a darn attitude. I could really careless about virtually anything....which could be a bad thing when I told a customer "so???" today. I have a very monotone voice, so there was no expression, do I wasn't nudging them on. Since I am the owner, I probably should be more accommodating. What's interesting, is they backed down. However, I better get that in check.

I'm doing OK with the reduced calories...as I said I'm just not hungry. Just got a training change so that begins tomorrow. Robbie is gearing up to visit for a month I truly feel sorry for him if my attitude doesn't get any better. I think he will be thankful that I will be away at work most of the day.

The Good: Leg Day kicked butt!

The Bad: Still tired no appetite

The Ugly: The conversation with my poor customer today

OK, not a progress pic per se. But I had to come up with a really fast ad campaign for my business the other day....and well it's easier just to do it myself. When I am not totally tired, I'll snap more progress pics.

http://www.denisenicole.com/images/seawitch2e.jpg

Hope you're feeling better and not too tired etc. I always like reading your log as it involves more than just training.

I hope the piercing is going ok, Belly button piercings can be tricky to heal (mine took ages to heal)... I've healed about 6 or so piercings in all, and I agree that salt water soaks are probably the best way to go... If it seems to irritate it too much, you can reduce the salt concentration a bit, as even a mild solution will help to draw out muck and help it to heal... Might be worth a try anyway

Hope you're feeling better and not too tired etc. I always like reading your log as it involves more than just training.

I hope the piercing is going ok, Belly button piercings can be tricky to heal (mine took ages to heal)... I've healed about 6 or so piercings in all, and I agree that salt water soaks are probably the best way to go... If it seems to irritate it too much, you can reduce the salt concentration a bit, as even a mild solution will help to draw out muck and help it to heal... Might be worth a try anyway

Hey you! Thanks for stopping by! Interesting, I backed off the concentration of salt the last few soaks and it does seem to be doing a bit better, although still infected. But is bleeding more then actual infection, which actually should mean it's getting it out now.

I have been really busy, between work, work, family, training, and ...work.

My energy is much much better! I think it's pretty normal now. Most of the time I have plenty of energy and towards the end of the day I begin to tire...so normal it seems.

Last lifting session was Friday, back and biceps. I was able to complete the entire routine, however was not able to up any weight. I was very aware of form, I always try to remember when I want to rush things, that I can NEVER get that days workout back ever again, so make it count!

AM training this morning went pretty well, had a chill so I put on sweatshirt before hand and promptly broke a glow about 10 minutes in, the shirt was pretty wet when I was done.....simply fabulous as far as I am concerned. It felt really good.

Re-doing displays at work so I got to work with power tools all day Very much fun, and only managed to hurt myself a few times....drill slipped into my finger once, metal shavings in another, and only one rack came down on my head.....overall a good day Someone took my step ladder, I am assuming for some odd reason they took it for the check out dive (scuba cert weekend), so I used the chair I put my customers in to try on fins....unfortunately I had worn my sandals with straps (4" heel). So I couldn't kick them off and be able to slip them back on quickly, to climb since I also had to wait on people coming in. I think it might be hard to convince my customers when they are buying higher end gear that the barefoot owner, is anything but professional, ....so it made it that much more challenging.

But we know it can't be that easy, given my track record lately....so horrible sore throat today, my nephew has strep throat, so I am guessing it's trying itself. So a few shots of Irish Whiskey this evening (cures what ails ya) and a bit of prayer. Hopefully it won't come full on. I can't remember that last time I was sick, sick with migraine yes, truly sick no.....so hope it goes away and I only get grazed

The Good: I feel great

The Bad: a few slip up during display break down and set ups

The Ugly: The sore throat

Last night was Shoulders and Triceps. Both were screaming by the end. So good session over all. Posing should be getting easier, however, it seems to be getting harder....go figure.

Had a really rough night. Was taking care of the tail end of that "thing" I caught...a bit congested so took some OTC meds and had a bad reaction. I should have made me tired and made my muscles spasm and I felt like I was climbing the walls. I ended up pacing it out and not getting much sleep at all. So actually slept in this morning pushing AM training to after work. Amazing how it is ALWAYS freaking something. I can't win for losing most days.

Anyway...I'm over it, lesson learned.

Dropped another 1lb, I'm now at 123lbs (55.7kg) and dropping. Surprised I am dropping so rapidly really. All my clothes, watches and jewelry are loose on me now. Simply amazing to me.

The Good: Great Workout & seeing progress DAILY

The Bad: Thinking I may need a whole new wardrobe and jewelry (is that bad?)

The Ugly: Freaking stupid mistake on the OTC meds last night cost me an AM workout.

Leg day woohoo! OK actually it hurt like hell, but I managed No bump in weights today, but no drop either.

I have pics today, although I too busy to finish make-up all day today, so you'll have to deal (plus the red eye),

http://www.denisenicole.com/images/05232007wo2.jpg

http://www.denisenicole.com/images/05232007wo3.jpg

http://www.denisenicole.com/images/05232007wo4.jpg

Was taken while I was stretching But, I figured what the hay, although the fact the girls left out their back packs was a bit annoying:

http://www.denisenicole.com/images/05232007wo1.jpg

The Good: I feel simply fantastic today

The Bad: No bump in weights today, I was hoping for just a little

The Ugly: 7PM and still haven't finished putting on my face...my poor customers today!

Great Pictures! thanks for sharing!

thank-you!

Always a great pic from the Siren

Thanks....you say the nicest things!

AM workout (mostly cardio) went very well! Eating is 100% on track. Weight is stable today. Still have tons of energy which is good, since I busted my behind at work today. Everyone always waits 'til the last minute to order gear, and it's a holiday weekend. So I had a lot of "but I'm flying out tomorrow night and I need snorkel gear!" lol So not being one to turn down a sale, I got every last one out the door on time. Now it is in the hands of FedEx. Surprisingly, I'm not beat like I should be.

The Good: Gear sold like crazy today, and I had tons of energy to handle it!

The Bad: My sales will now die off a bit due to the holiday (and pick back up mid week)

The Ugly: Still fighting that infection...belly ring

Busy weekend!

Friday's session was good, not great, but got in all my reps and weight stayed the same.

Saturday's Training (mostly cardio).....super easy, jumped in the shower and off to my girl's recital. The girls were incredible....and I loved the music they danced to (Champion of the Sea, Irish) over the ballet and lyrical jazz of the other acts....but of course that is subjective. They ended up dancing 14th out of 60 acts so I slipped out and grabbed them from backstage to take them out to dinner. Got photos of them with their flowers, etc but my camera crashed (get to that later).

I had the nicest older couple sit next to me during the performance. They were so happy to be their to watch their Grandbaby and were quite loud and boisterous....totally in appropriate, but they were so happy, I loved it! The lady was partial deaf so when she spoke I bet the surrounding 10 rows could hear her, But she was a doll.

Dinner went well, used it as my re-load day....so I got some extra cals at dinner. Ordering and staying on target were easy...I've got this down now.

AM Training, super easy then off for a beach day. The neighboring parents of the kid's were floored when they found out the girls were mine. They assumed I was the girlfriend and their Dad had them for the weekend. The fact that they couldn't believe I was old enough or that I looked like I had ever had children was a huge compliment to my training and hard work. I eat, sleep and live this every day....there are no breaks or "days off" so it's so nice to hear something like that.

I happen to stop by the liquor store on the way back from the beach and got the once over and the older gentleman asked for my ID....seemed a bit irritated that I didn't already have it ready. But was taken aback by the birth date, so again a nice way to finish the day.

So I get home and unpack the camera...which someone put in the cooler! It was soaking wet. I pulled the battery out immediately, but right now it is malfunctioning. So we'll see if I even have a camera anymore.

Then, we went to go see the Pirate's movie...I enjoyed it but it was WAY too long. After over 20mins of previews, we were there by 8:30 and left after 11:30. Seats were really bad too. It was a packed house and I had to sit in the second row middle....ummm as any of you know who pound water all day...3 hours is a LONG time to hold it. But I managed to only bother the people on one side of me once.

1/2 day of work today, and off to the beach again. A bit of kayaking and mostly wading in the bay and enjoying the sunshine & salt air.

On my way back from the beach.....one of my little squirrels knocked of over my cooler and spilled the open topped cup I had in there with my 3rd meal in it. So I was almost 5 hours with out food. But I loaded as soon as I got home and had a totally kick butt workout!!

I hit the weights hard and knocked Shoulders and triceps out easy. Got to bump the weights....AND ....for the first time ever was able to knock out some dips on the dip bars instead of the bench!! OK, some of you may think "big deal" but for ME that was a 1st.

Now BBQing (still on meal plan) and a shower is in order. The showers were tied up yesterday and today, and I fell in bed last night. So I have 2 days of salt, sand, and tanning oil to clean off and out of my hair! (which I didn't dare try to run a brush through today....as anyone knows most times, no sense in fussin with hair on a beach day, it gets that wind blown look almost immediately...so I just threw it up and left.)

The Good: Best workout in a long time, really strong tonight!

The Bad: Possible broken camera

The Ugly: OK, so the hair etc...could use a good shower (but I smell like the beach, I love that smell).

I was able to get something off the camera, but it's still not working:

OK, must brag, and yes I know others people's kid pics are not that interesting. But....

Girls after dance: (may rec the dress, all my conservative dresses are way too big, and the rest of them were inappropriate for a child's recital)

http://www.denisenicole.com/images/dance1.jpg

Proud Papa:

http://www.denisenicole.com/images/dance2.jpg

Dosing on the beach. Day one was a bit windy, so had to pull on a jacket after about an hour out:

http://www.denisenicole.com/images/BEACH1.jpg

I'll figure out my camera situation and get more training pics up soon. I got the cutest new fitness things from Victoria's

Oh yes.... weight is now 121lbs and waist coming in at 26"!!!