Vegan Bodybuilding & Fitness

Healthy Food Defines You
It is currently Thu Nov 27, 2014 9:28 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 235 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 16  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun May 06, 2007 9:15 am 
Elephant

Today:
AM Training (mostly cardio), broke a glow a bit earlier into the workout then usual, but no problems. Abs still sore, but not screaming anymore. Back and arms are really tight and a little sore.

Last eve, still pretty early in the 6 weeks, Robbie (bless his heart) OKed me a couple of drinks for cinco de mayo celebration....perhaps why I broke a glow a bit early on this AM :lol: But other then that feel fine.

MUST go suit shopping!!!! Or I will be down to the wire if it needs adjustments. Need a 2 piece, 1 piece and a 2-piece without accents. Also going to pick up another pair of shoes as a back up. I have 2....but can never have too many :mrgreen: Deciding on modeling category, will need a gown if I enter that as well.

Girls had pictures taken yesterday for their Irish Step, I snapped some from the house since they were in costume. :)

This has to be one of my fav's. I can imagine them skipping down a hallway on some horror flick rofl....

The Good: I feel really good, lots of energy
The Bad: Had postponed shopping on the suit....now I really need to knock it out
The Ugly: Was supposed to go to Springfest Celebration today, weather way too bad (cold and windy) for it to be enjoyable.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun May 06, 2007 10:06 am 
Elephant

Great picture!!! I can totally imagine the horror flick scene. :lol:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun May 06, 2007 11:07 am 
Elephant

very nice pics. :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 08, 2007 7:44 pm 
Elephant

Thanks DV and pazios2002! :)

No energy to post yesterday, completely exhausted.

Yesterday w/o:
Chest /Shoulders / Triceps Day
I pushed through my workout concentrating on lifting as heavy as I can, and using good form, am not lifting nearly as heavy as before....but that is only my body playing catch up. My triceps kept "locking up" at the end....that was fun, lol

I'm keeping records of weight lifted etc of course, so I (and Robbie) can see progression. This time 2 weeks from now, I should be seeing gains again re: weights lifted.

So far I am not seeing a way around getting a suit made. Everything I have seen in a pre-made or used suit isn't the right size for me. I guess I keep hoping that someone of similar build will be selling their suit. But so far I guess I am an anomaly.

Had to have routine blood work run today, from the yearly physical I had end of last week. Not expecting any surprises on it... so not worried. But had to have it done on a empty stomach. I was at the door when they opened and had coffee waiting in my car when it was over!!!!

Because of Lab work, AM cardio pushed to eve.

Did my AM workout (mostly cardio) when I arrived home after work. I worked pretty late but found a stopping point so I could fit this in.

Still pretty achy, tired and fuzzy (blonder than usual). Eating on track and looking forward to bed. But between now and bed, I'm going to narrow some suits down to at least 3 of each type.

The Good: Hanging in, I'm as strong willed as I thought I was (and this is a trial of will power)
The Bad: Still fuzzy
The Ugly: Noticed my temper is growing at little things. (although I keep it totally under control)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 08, 2007 11:35 pm 
Elephant

Thanks for the update despite your exhaustion.

My husband and I visit the east coast a few times each year and we are considering visiting during your competition. Would that be okay? I would love to see you compete. If you don't want to give details on this thread, could you pm me and give me the details?

Thanks!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 09, 2007 10:34 am 
Elephant

DV wrote:
Thanks for the update despite your exhaustion.

My husband and I visit the east coast a few times each year and we are considering visiting during your competition. Would that be okay? I would love to see you compete. If you don't want to give details on this thread, could you pm me and give me the details?

Thanks!

I'd be great if you can attend....you can tell me when I fall flat on my face, about at least I was fit! :lol: I'll post the details in the next few days.

Bit more energy today, so hoping I am getting through this first part.

AM Training went well (mostly cardio)...really beginning to become automatic now.

Officially 1 week on new training schedule. Retaining water like crazy but some how all my jeans (US size 4) are too big and are sagging in the waist legs and butt! 8) Can't wait 'til my body lets go of some of this water!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 09, 2007 12:19 pm 
Site Admin

Looking Great!

Awesome work so far! Enjoy the training!

Check out my Vegan Bodybuilding & Fitness Book on Amazon http://www.amazon.com/Vegan-Bodybuildin ... 497&sr=1-1

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 10, 2007 7:58 am 
Elephant

robert wrote:
Looking Great!

Awesome work so far! Enjoy the training!

Thank-you Robert :)

OK once again, to tired to post last evening. This routine is kicking my butt, but I'm totally OK with it. Makes me sleep well :wink:

Last eve was leg day again, and I saw gains! yay! Diet it beginning to kick in with energy and my body has more endurance. I was ALMOST able to pull off the entire session without having to rest a bit (only a little). So perhaps Robbie won't turn around and get back on the plane when he comes to stay after all. :lol: Was really shaky but didn't feel like I needed to crawl out of the WO. Will be bumping weight next session....so yay!

This AM session (mostly cardio) went easy enough. Although I found my mind wandering and keep checking the time.

I have an official date from comp *drum roll* July 28th in Virginia will be the first one. So I am now just over 11 weeks out. :shock:

I am looking at one per month possible (undecided) August 25 New Jersey, September 8 Pennsylvania, October 20th......2 choices here Virginia or New York.

Looks like another shoot is scheduled for June 10th near Annapolis Maryland, Robbie gets in the next day, so I may just stay up there overnight to pick him up in Baltimore the following day.

The Good: I got my comp date *happy dance*
The Bad: Finally decided on a suit, but haven't ordered it yet, and the days are ticking away
The Ugly: I have now officially booked out my entire summer....no free time :(

Here's another pic from yesterday (loose jeans and all):

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 10, 2007 1:14 pm 
Elephant

good job on the training. :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat May 12, 2007 9:39 am 
Elephant

pazios2002 wrote:
good job on the training. :D

Thank-you! :)

Exhausted again yesterday eve, so posting this AM.

Am going through cycles of pure energy to pure exhaustion, so still working this out. I expect to have this under control by 21 days in.

Yesterday's AM workout (mostly cardio), getting tedious but done. But then again I find doing dishes, making food, doing laundry, etc, tedious, but it has to get done.

Today's AM workout was done in a "meeting". I was told I should be able to speak so it actually made it go by faster and I got much accomplished business wise. :) (Now I just have to figure out how to do that every morning). My biggest thing with cardio is my mind wandering on the 101 other things I need to be doing....so if I can figure out to to do that, it'll be gold!

Last eve's workout, Back & Biceps....back goes easy enough...But I am so weak Biceps are always a struggle for me, especially holding form. The rest of the night the muscles stayed tight and I ached all night. Still achy this morning...not sore, just aching. Good though, I worked them well, now I just need to think "grow" ;)

I'm going to get my suit designer to send me fabric samples, so I can have an idea before I go up on fabric. I'll ask her is she has samples in store I can try on. I must order by 1st week of June, or the suits won't be ready in time. I think they would frown on me competing in the nude :D

The Good: might have this tedious cardio kicked
The Bad: The exhaustion cycle
The Ugly: Last night was the first time I had and cravings thus far....it was for something (anything) fried :shock:

I kept getting e-mails and PM's regarding me being in the paper locally. My wonderful neighbor brought me the photo and little article, about the charity dog walk I did. Very nicely done, and so sweet of so many people to take the time to mention it to me. :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat May 12, 2007 11:28 am 
Elephant

Quote:
seasiren wrote:

The Good: might have this tedious cardio kicked
The Bad: The exhaustion cycle
The Ugly: Last night was the first time I had and cravings thus far....it was for something (anything) fried

French Fries all the time for me. Also popcorn wth earth balance on it. :(

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 14, 2007 11:54 am 
Manatee

SeaSiren wrote:
[ My wonderful neighbor brought me the photo and little article, about the charity dog walk I did. Very nicely done, and so sweet of so many people to take the time to mention it to me. :)

Any chance you can post the photo? I love charity dog anythings!! Also, congrats on the jeans getting to be to large!! I love that!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 14, 2007 1:51 pm 
Elephant

pazios2002 wrote:
French Fries all the time for me. Also popcorn wth earth balance on it. :(

Mmmm, fries! There's a little place out here on the boardwalk named "Thrasher's" their fries are sooo good! They cut them and fry them right there in peanut oil. The line to order stretches quite far down the board walk on any given day. :)

bunnylalu wrote:
Any chance you can post the photo? I love charity dog anythings!! Also, congrats on the jeans getting to be to large!! I love that!

There's a pic on page 3 of my journal. I'll see if I can scan the one the paper used.

Love the jeans being too big! I won't jean shop now since summer is so close. But it'll be interesting in the fall since most stores only carry as low as a size 4. I'll have to shop at the skate/surf shops now with the teens :lol:

Migraine today, just now able to stand up. So just got out of bed (it's now 2:30PM here). Training wise today is a wash.....no way I can train when I can barely stand....but I'll try to pick up my meals from here out today and reschedule lifting one day off all week since today was supposed to be a lifting day.

Going to try get myself together enough to go into work and get something.....anything done. Monday's are bad enough playing catch up from the weekend, adding another day into the mix and I will be so miserable tomorrow. :(

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 15, 2007 12:22 pm 
Elephant

Tired and shaky today, AM training (mostly cardio), I took it slow in case the dizziness came back. Mild headache today, but not too bad. Robbie wants me to stay on track so I'm just picking up whee I left off. New diet begins today....I guess we begin the cut. Photo shoot less then 3 weeks out now.

The Good: Migraine is gone and I lived
The Bad: I feel awful for missing a day
The Ugly: I had dropped everything I've tried to pick up today, keep tripping over nothing at all, stabbed myself with a knife this morning, and guess what's infected....yep belly ring infected and bleeding *sigh*

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 15, 2007 1:03 pm 
Manatee

SeaSiren wrote:
The Ugly: I had dropped everything I've tried to pick up today, keep tripping over nothing at all, stabbed myself with a knife this morning, and guess what's infected....yep belly ring infected and bleeding *sigh*[/color]

OMG!!!! Get better soon :)

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 235 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 16  Next