I got sick

CollegeB

Well I think I have a cold, atleast thats all I am hoping it is. I've noticed this illness for 5 days now, my nose is not runny, and my cough is pathetic but i can feel there is mucus movin around when i cough. Also my nose is blocked sometimes by congestion. Any suggestions as to what it is I actually have?What are some ways to fight it so I can get well?

My treatment so far as hbeen:

getting 8 hours of sleep a night, and I am taking several vitamin C capsules a day, also OJ.

Brian, sorry you feel like shit.

Richard is right. I went to a naturopathic doctor last tiem I felt the way you currently do (traditional doctors are mostly idiots). Her advice for me to take increase vitamin C intake BIG TIME - more specifically, two vitamin C tablets every 3 hours so your constantly bombarding your blood with vitamin C, AND also eat as many raw garlic cloves as you can. SO I chopped up an entire HEAD of garlic once, poured olive oil on it to make the slippery, and with every spoonful of the chopped garlic I gulped it down with some oj. until all the garlic was gine. The next day, I did the same thing with garlic, consuming two heads of garlic and an overload of vit C in 48 hours and whatever was ailing me was gone.

Garlic is a natural antibiotic and blood cleaner (bad stuff in your body doesnt stand a chance with garlic in the bloodstream, and vit C of course give your immune system the extra power punch it needs to give what is ailing you.

hope you feel better soon.

Ive got some garlic swimming in olive oil and red peppers! Thanks Nat. Lunch is goin to be italianish. Also I need more Vit C then ive only been takin one or two a day with my multi vitamin. I'll get on that. I dont feel like shit though, just not like i usually do, i know if this drags on though i will start to be miserable.

Yeah that big yellow bird mellows me out, though i prefer the green monster that lives in the garbage can. We have similar attitudes. Thanks everyone. Onions, ginger, and garlic my favs! I put some ground ginger in my tea last night, lots of garlic already, now i just need to consume onions. Time for more vitamin C. Im outta here.

Nat I meant that I had eaten 4 whole bulbs, i guess the pieces they split into are cloves of garlic...I did steam them first so they were soft, hope that still works. Okay now for onions as topher recommends. Then i need to go buy more of these holy trinity health items. Garlic, Onions and Ginger-yum.

I use Zicam once I start noticing the symptoms or cough drops that have some zinc in them. Studies have shown zinc decreases the duration of colds.

I also use ginger in my green tea, or if I have a really bad sore throat I've noticed that chewing on a piece of ginger helps numb the pain-up.

Sometimes I make a mixture of: 1 glass soy milk, 1/2 tsp. saffron, 1 1/2 tsp. grated ginger, 1 tsp. turmeric, and a little sugar...heat it up to almost boiling and drink it hot. It'a a variation of an Aurvedic recipe I was taught as a child. Turmeric is supposed to have great anti-septic properties...and in combination with the other ingredients really seems to work well for me.

Hope this helps!

Take Care,

Kris