stuff i dont like

madcat

Tofu from most restaurants: I can’t believe how bad the tofu is at most restaurants, even paces that specialize in veg food. They just heat it up, to seasoning or anything. Its not even really cooked, just warmed up. I could see why people would hate tofu; if that was the only way they had tried it. It is so tasteless and squishy, like a cube of warm snot. Blah.

I also don’t like most women’s health mags. It seems like all they do is indorse hair care products and work out clothing. And the only exercise the talk about is walking, or maybe… maybe yoga.

As if the men's magazines were better!

They write about lifestyle products and wellness crap.

"Six-Pack in 6 weeks"

The sort of Men's Health is directly for the trash can, one good article in about three issues, no good value for your money.

And the "hardcore bodybuilding magazines"... I used to read them but they only write all the same fairy tales about training and nutrition over and over and over and over again. The only thing that varies are the roid freaks depictured. If you can get motivation from it, fine, but don't try the workouts at home, kids, they don't work if you're human (a REAL bodybuilder would probably say you're just too wussy and not pushing hard enough!)

But Tofu - i love tofu

Okay, not in restaurants, but even plain. It tastes pure, not tasteless

only good tofu i really have had that i like would be in chinese food places. and this one hippy type small place in town called Stone Soup... Very good Vegan Clubs, and cookies and muffins and stuff! been forever since i have been there thou... a lil costly.

But even so some chinese food places have gross tofu. This place makes the best ever thou, its in Mass, and NH, they have sessime Chicken, and Orange Chicken, and a bunch of other stuff, THE BEST FOOD I HAVE EVER TASTED, and all vegan

I hate many women's magazines. They seem to be made up of the following articles (in general):

- Ten more reasons to dump your guy

- Is your guy an asshole? Make him take the test!

- Your guy is probably an asshole

- How to find out that your guy is cheating on you

- Latest pictures of celebrities who are a bit overweight

- Ten more reasons why being a bit overweight makes you an asshole

- Letters page (made up of people asking retarded questions about their boyfriends who are all assholes)

- Recipe page - lots of recipes to make you wafer thin, and they also taste like crap

- How to make your boobs look bigger

- How often should you vomit to make yourself thinner?

- Are men all assholes? (yes they are!!! Here are the facts)

- How to get drunk and be a slut

The women's magazines found in the checkout at the grocery store, with the conflicting headlines.

"Have flat stomach and beach ready body by summer!" on the very same magazine cover as... "Seven delicious fifteen-layer chocolate cake recipes, enjoy the richest chocolatey goodness every day of the week, and some for breakfast too!"

And why aren't any of these recipes in the men's magazines, anyway? Lots of men like to cook.

The women's magazines found in the checkout at the grocery store, with the conflicting headlines.

"Have flat stomach and beach ready body by summer!" on the very same magazine cover as... "Seven delicious fifteen-layer chocolate cake recipes, enjoy the richest chocolatey goodness every day of the week, and some for breakfast too!"

And why aren't any of these recipes in the men's magazines, anyway? Lots of men like to cook.

Because magazines make a larger profit off of women. So, if you teach them to get fat, you'll also be guaranteeing their future purchase of a magazine telling them how to lose fat. Hence the magazine with the conflicted headlines. Soceity has rigged it so that women lose access to what they "desire" by being overweight (things like youth, beauty, fashionable clothes, whatever). Getting a man overweight doesn't prompt future sales. Richard best describes what magazines must supply for male loyalty.

Everything is about a profit.

I could see how any women’s magazine could have a market. But I get really annoyed at the ones that are “promoting” health or fitness and still have articles like “how to find yoga pants that flatter the shape of your butt” or crap like that. I often read my boyfriends men’s health when he is not looking. He gets all up set if he sees me reading them… like I’m invading on some secret society

I could see how any women’s magazine could have a market. But I get really annoyed at the ones that are “promoting” health or fitness and still have articles like “how to find yoga pants that flatter the shape of your butt” or crap like that. I often read my boyfriends men’s health when he is not looking. He gets all up set if he sees me reading them… like I’m invading on some secret society

Hey now! Be nice! It’s not my fault that those magazines are full of sexy men. I read it for the articles, ok, the pics are just an added bonus. Don’t make me feel like a pervert! Anyway I think the whole no hair thing is just like having women’s magazines full of airbrushes pics of beautiful women with breast implants… Its just an ideal to live up to. How many guys do they show in an issue (50?)? It seems to me at least one would have chest hair. And because they don’t guys are being told they have to look that way to be attractive. I’m sure there are guys out there who find women attractive even if they have small breasts (I sure hope so!). I for one like some chest hair, I’m not saying sasquatch or anything like that, but I think its rugged and manly. I like to touch a man and feel like I’m touching a man and not a little boy. Still, I’m sure there are a lot of women who disagree with me.

uhm not the same thing. Its not that hard to shave.. its not like expecting a guy to have plastic surgery to look better. If one is going to go thru all the trouble of working out to get muscles I can understand not wanting to hide them under hair. I guess I equate male chest hair to me not shaving my legs for a month.. its all what one likes. And if my legs aren't shaved (no matter how great they look muscle-tone wise) they will be covered in public:)

ps appreciating human beauty especially muscular bodies male or female doesn't make one a pervert.

topher sidenote:

"I actually prefer woman with small breasts."

cos you dont want yours to feel dwarfed

i am lucky as kathryn doesnt like clean shaven (so my facial hair is just trimmed, albeit the little that i have) and im reasonably free of bodyhair. i have a few tufts on my chest, but that is all.

i think if you are going to compete, and show off your physique, then you want to show it off to the maximum, so shaving obstructive hair is the way to go. i doubt ill ever compete in such a thing, so for me it isnt an issue.

jonathan

I think it is the same thing to some degree. Changing your physical appearance to be more attractive to the opposite sex (or same sex in some cases). And you are right; it’s not that hard to shave. I just get upset because it seems like the only time an add shows a man with chest hair is if he is supposed to be gross, as in a big chubby guy with back hair, shoulder hair, and chest hair. But you never see a hot guy with a nice body and chest hair. If he wants to do it to show off his body, well then he should… it’s his body and he should do it if it makes him happy. But to do it because he thinks that what ladies like and that’s the only way to be sexy (which is why I think a lot of women get implants) then I don’t not think its right. I think that men should be aware that there are women who find it sexy. I do.

While we're on preferences -

I side with madcat. A little chest hair is nice. Too much still falls under gross, but it's fun to have a little to pet.

That's my two cents

And I think implants (for cosmetic reasons) are icky, and I feel sorry for women whose self-esteem is so affected by their breast size that they feel implants are necessary. Besides, playing sports is a whole heck of a lot more comfortable for the smaller chested, luckies.

That's my other two cents.