The Official VBB&F Burrito thread.

Odidnetne

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What kind of beans did you use?

Last week, I used my crockpot to make fat-free "un"fried (pinto) beans. I cooked the beans using the recipe linked above but also included two dried chipotles that simmered with the pre-soaked beans for 6 hours. It added a great smoky flavor with only a moderate heat. I suppose the cooked chipotles could be chopped up and mixed in with the beans for a really intense heat. I imagine black beans could be subbed just fine.

Who would dare do that...everyone knows pintos taste better(and are pretty much just as healthy if you make them yourself) than black beans...other than the placebo affect from thinking black beans are a lot better for you

They are delicious but the lighter skin is sometimes just better...like bananas...who want black bananas...but with plantains everyone wants black plantains

They are delicious but the lighter skin is sometimes just better...like bananas...who want black bananas...but with plantains everyone wants black plantains

discrimination is no good. I understand what you mean though, I love pintos.

Chickpeas are peas...not beans so obviously all beans are not created equal...still in some ways no bean will ever outdo the soybean since you can make tofu with it

• 2 months later...

Tonight I made 2 burritos for dinner. The theme I was going for was "How much S#!? can I put on this tortilla and it still taste good?".

On that tortilla is brown rice, black beans, peppers, onion, tomato, broccoli, zucchini (I'm almost positive I ruined the spelling on that), avocado, and mushroom. It was actually really good, and I had a lot of the chopped veggies left over, so I combined them in a bowl with another avocado and made a....Topping Salad.

I'm game for all of that other than the broccoli. I love broccoli but some things just should be stuffed where they don't belong

I'm game for all of that other than the broccoli. I love broccoli but some things just should be stuffed where they don't belong

It would have been a lot better if I didn't use as much, and I sauteed some of those veggies first, including the broccoli.

• 1 month later...