JW's Biggest Loser Contest at work

Decided to take it easy last night. I was feeling pretty tired and sore.

Funny, I was feeling this strange muscle pain in my upper body and I couldn't figure out why as I haven't hit the weights since Friday.

Then it dawned upon me that I was playing the Wii system for a couple hours on the weekend.

This leads me to believe they need to start another contest...Biggest Loser Off the Clock

I guess I shouldn't mention how I was knocked out by a 10 year old playing Wii boxing

Then it dawned upon me that I was playing the Wii system for a couple hours on the weekend.

A couple times I've had sore arms from playing Guitar Hero.

I'm such a dork!

Looks like we need a new thread

I play Dance Dance revolution with the kids too!

I'm sure guitar hero is in my future also.....

Buddy, I'm the DDR master! Well at least compared to my friends. I've never played against any kids, who are often apparently quite good.

Nasty nasty run last night.

I started out very strong and was just hammering it out, well on my way to a personal best time and then at about 15 minutes, I started experiencing shooting pains across my back (just under the rib cage) I ran through the first couple but stopped when they continued. I walked for 5 minutes and then finished up with a slow 15 minutes with no recurrence.

Strange!!! I've never had that happen before. Sounds like my body telling me to lay off a bit.

Rode the bike to work today which felt great!

I should be doing my weekly weigh-in sometime this morning.

good ride home last night. Did abs and pushups. Also went and shot hoops with the kids.

Everything is in limbo right now

I had my first bike accident this morning.

Darn ducks!!!!!!!

I was cycling past this marsh like ditch and caught some movement in the corner of my eye.

There was a mother duck and 7 ducklings swimming in the reeds. I was admiring these beautiful creatures and then turned around to see a metal pole right in front of me.

Right over the bars! I was fortunate enough to hit the cement in a roll but I'm awfully sore. My bike is still okay... chain was off, seat angled way off, the seat padding was separated from the bars.

The scheduled run tonight is not looking good......

Well, there weren't any trees in the middle of the path

I'm guessing the pole was there to stop drivers from going on the path.

The pole was about 3.5 ft tall. my brake cable was looped around it after the collision. I wish I could have seen it . It would have been most impressive

Why do the best accidents happen when there isn't a camera around? I wrecked late last summer and the people behind me said it was one of the best accidents they'd ever seen...TV included. Unfortunately I didn't get to see it.

Cyclists are such strange people......

I woke up feeling better than I expected

No way i can run though... I have a wicked bruise on my inner thigh. Nice colour combination.

I was able to do some yard work, so at least I burned some calories.

I can't wait to get some cardio in but it just hurts too much right now

I was FINALLY able to run again last night.

My ankles were a bit tender and I have a nasty bruise on my inner thigh but I was able to run for a half hour.

I think I might weigh myself today to make sure I didn't put any weight on over the weekend. I was fairly active but couldn't work out prior to last night.

Final weigh-in is this Friday!!

Hit the weights last night

3x18 shoulder press, flyes, curls, shrugs, bench

3x15 incline pushups

watching my diet very closely

I don't think I have much chance at winning 1st place here but I've made great progress and am VERY happy about it.

I'd like to get under 220 by Friday. I'm not sure about a long term goal

I'll know when I'm there though... I don't have too much body fat left except for the midsection. The cycling and running have really toned the legs up.

went for a half hour run last night.

my thigh is still pretty tender. If my foot strikes down hard, it hurts.

Frustrating to say the least!

Not long left in the contest but I'll do my best to finish strong!

And the contest is complete.....

original weight 246.0 LBS May 14th

this morning: 222.5 LBS June 29th

lost 23.5 LBS 9.6%

not sure if I'll place in the top 3 or not but it's all good!