Taste of Health Recap

robert

I've been up in Canada for the past few days speaking and working at the Taste of Health EarthSave Festival in Vancouver, B.C.

The Vegan Fitness Team were some of the main speakers in the largest auditorium and presented on the same stage as Erik Marcus and other Keynote speakers.

Tonya Kay, Brendan Brazier and myself had the stage for an hour on Saturday sharing our Vegan Fitness lives with the crowd, showed a trailer for our film 'Vegan Fitness - Built Naturally' and answered questions from the audience. We did the same thing on Sunday up on the main stage. Brendan and Tonya both had individual talks and I worked at the Vega/Vegan Bodybuilding & Fitness booth. It was mostly a Vega booth, as I am one of their sponsored athletes, but I also had Vegan Bodybuilding & Fitness info/clothing available and we had a trailer of the film playing at the booth as well. I also switch back and forth from wearing my vegan shirt and my Vegan Bodybuilding & Fitness shirt. Both, of course were sleeveless I'll post some photos soon.

I'm still up in Canada, staying with Brendan right now but I'll be returning to Oregon tomorrow, assuming I'm allowed back in the US

It was a fun time, and I was able to interact with hundreds of people and promote our Vegan Fitness lifestyle up on stage with a microphone and all day working at the booth giving out samples of the new Vega raw food bars, and the Vega meal replacement powder.

It was also cool to see Brendan and Tonya again since we all have very busy lives and live in different countries.

All in all, I think we reached a lot of people, presenting Vegan Fitness with enthusiasm, which was appreciated by many, and I personally had fun meeting lots of new people in the Vegan community.

Because of my full-time job in Oregon working in Security, I am not able to attend many events so it was great to out and do something away from home and away from behind the computer screen.

Out of the many hundreds of vendors and visitors I was the most muscular person there (I should hope so) so that was cool. I'm also just a couple of weeks away from a bodybuilding contest so I was in pretty good shape too, which was nice for many to see.

I'll try to post some photos when I get home, wish me a safe drive, it's a good 7 hours or so.

Catch you soon,

Thin Thin Canadian Him

wow man! that sounds like a blast.

I didnt realize Canada was that close. but I just looked at a map and thats so rad. of course ur a canadian citizen too, so going back and forth must be a sinch.

I want to go to Canada again sometime. Ive only been to Ontario when I was lil.

perhaps next time they have one of these things I can come along and help out. I love going to things like this. (its kinda what I do for co-ed magazine..promotional stuff and public relations..the booth, info, etc)

Yeah Dude,

I plan on taking the Vegan Fitness Team on the road next year, before or after our Vegan Fitness Vacation. I'm not sure who will be in the traveling part of the Vegan Fitness Team. It just happened that Tonya, Brendan, and myself were all available this weekend, then I'm off to Oregon, Brendan heads to Toronto next week and Tonya off to the Bahamas. The three of us were the athletes in the film, but the Vegan Fitness Team is really all of us, and we'll organize a traveling team for the summer of 2006 to go on tour and hit up all these major vegan/vegetarian/raw food/animal rights/health festivals.

I look forward to seeing you soon Toph-dogg

-Thin Thin Traveling Him

Awesome Rob! I'm glad things went so well. It would be so much fun to do a Vegan Bodybuilding table with that crew!

Erik Marcus must think VB&F is huge now. I mean he was just at my table in Charlottesville last weekend chatting with me about VB&F. I gave him one of your cards and he promised to feature us on one of his upcoming web radio broadcasts on vegan.com. Then he sees you on stage in BC presenting your new movie trailer! How cool is that???

Okay, so who is going to be the next one to represent VB&F at an event? It's really easy to do and Rob will set you up with all the flyers, business cards, t-shirts etc. that you might need. Also if it's within about 300 miles of Richmond, I'll be happy to drive out and give you a hand. Next in line, step right up.

Yeah Michael,

I love your attitude, who's next? I love when people represent Vegan Bodybuilding & Fitness at all the event I'm unable to attend myself. Erik remembered you guys from Charlottesville, he was happy to see us again

Michael is right, just check out the events page or even if you know of another event not on the page and get in touch. I'll send brochures, flyers, bus. cards, t-shirts, supplements, energy bars, DVD trailers, etc.

Let's continue to get HUGE!

I leave Canada in just a couple of hours and I'll be home later today.

Have a great day everyone,

-Thin Thin VFT Him

Hey Renee,

It JUST came out on Tuesday, it should be up on the website within a couple of weeks.

In the meantime, I'm mailing a few out. I got a bit of feedback from friends and festival goers so we're going to adjust it slightly, but it the form it's in now is pretty good, a solid preview of what the film will be about.

What I'll be doing it putting together some mini event packs to send to individuals who want to Promote Vegan Bodybuilding & Fitness even just among friends or co-workers. So it will include flyers, mini posters, business cards, brochures, and a DVD trailer of Vegan Fitness Built Naturally.

For those having a table at a big event I'll send all that stuff plus the supplements, t-shirts, etc.

So anyone who wants a small little pack, send me an e-mail here and if it's filled up as it often is (this forum e-mail account only hold 50 emails) find me at [email protected]. I'll make sure the stuff gets to you.

-Thin Thin DVD Him

• 4 weeks later...

I just found this link posted online.

http://www.holisticvancouver.com/news/article.php?story_id=156

I still get referred to as a "professional bodybuilder" which I am not. I was listed as a "pro bodybuilder" by mistake in a media publication a while back and it has kind of carried with me for a while.

I try to clear it up but sometimes people still assume that I'm a "pro bodybuilder"

I think I could become a natural pro someday but it will take a lot of work and I'll have to be in the right situation at the right time.

Vegan Bodybuilding is one of my "professions" as we make movies, sell clothing, give paid talks, etc." but I'm not actually a Pro Bodybuilder.

So anyway, feel free to read the link to hear about our presentation in Vancouver at the Taste of Health:

http://www.holisticvancouver.com/news/article.php?story_id=156