CALENDAR PROJECT

Daywalker

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Here are the first 5 bio informations to go with the pictures. Please let me know if i made mistakes here, too.

ANGELA

Name: Angela August

Date of Birth: 04-08-1987

Vegan since: June 13th 2003

Vegan because: health and compassion to animals

Favorite sports: Yoga, walking, Tennis,

What I like best about veganism: is knowing that I can help myself, animals, the world and others by choosing not to eat meat and animal products and not buy into a ridiculous industry that is based completely on monetary gain

Check ot Angela's Website to watch her music video and listen to her songs at www.angela's.com

BRENDAN

Brendan Brazier, professional Ironman triathlete, 2003 Canadian 50 km Ultra Marathon champion and author of the bestseller "THRIVE: A guide to optimal health and performance through plant-based whole foods." Brendan is also the formulator of VEGA, an innovative, performance enhancing, whole food, meal replacement and energy bar. For detailed information check out his website: www.brendanbrazier.com

TOPHER

Kristopher Flannery, "Topher", 21 years old

Topher grew up in Poconos, Pennsylvania (USA). Originally from New Jersey (USA).

Topher is a vegan, straight edge natural bodybuilder. He went vegan for health reasons in the first place. "I had mononucleosis for 9 months and almost died. I had to eat healthier to

survive. I chose veganism. It has been the best decision I've ever made."

Topher started bodybuilding to strength condition for snowboarding, to gain strength to help take care of his handicapped sister Jillian, to break the vegan stereotype, and to live up to a promise he made to his grandfather.

Words of Wisdom: "Never stop trying"

ROBERT

Robert A. Cheeke, competitive amateur natural bodybuilder, Founder and President of Vegan Bodybuilding & Fitness.

Birth date: March 2nd 1980

Current Residence: Oregon, USA

Favorite foods: All fruits, potatoes, broccoli, spinach, tofu & avacodo

Favorite binge-out treats: Vegan donuts, natural soda, vegan chocolate cake, Soy Delicious "ice cream"

Favorite Sports to Play: Basketball, Soccer, Tennis, Table Tennis

Favorite Sports to Watch: Basketball, Soccer, Football

Robert's favourite aspect of bodybuilding: The hard work, dedication, and the end result: a ripped, muscular physique.

Check out Robert's site: www.veganbodybuilding.com

ALEX

Alexander Dargatz, competitive amateur natural bodybuilder.

Date of Birth: May 19th 1977

Alex went vegan for ethical, ecological and healthy reasons (in that order) after realizing the ethical implications of eating meat and the countless other ways of abusing animals and nature. He feels it was the best decision he ever made in his life.

Alex successfully competes in amateur bodybuilding contests and also enjoys other sports such as swimming and martial arts.

Usually he tries to eat healthy whole food and veggies, but even he can't resist the vegan cakes and treats his girlfriend loves to make. His favourite things include eating and he's says it's great to be a vegan bodybuilder because that way he can eat all the time without getting fat.

More pictures and info about Alex can be found on www.veganbodybuilding.com

Edited by Daywalker

i suppose that i ought to do mine too!

Jonathan Robinson, 21 years old.

Occupation: Wage slave for the moment! Jonathan hopes soon to put his experience in care to use, and work with physically and mentally disabled adults again.

Jonathan went vegan entirely for ethical reasons, but quickly realised just how good it was for his health. Through training and good diet, he has gained 28kg (62lb) and huge amounts of strength.

Jonathan primarily trains with weights for strength, though does greatly enjoy mountain climbing, cycling, tennis and bodyboarding.

is this ok? if it is not, then please feel free to change it which of the photos would you want to use? kathryn liked the surfing on more, and i was for the stone lifting one - which is why i sent both.

thanks for doing this calender by the way alex - it will great to see

jonathan

ANGELA

Name: Angela August

Date of Birth: 04-08-1987

Vegan since: June 13th 2003

Vegan because: health and compassion to animals

Favorite sports: Yoga, walking, Tennis,

What I like best about veganism: is knowing that I can help myself, animals, the world and others by choosing not to eat meat and animal products and not buy into a ridiculous industry that is based completely on monetary gain

Check ot Angela's Website to watch her music video and listen to her songs at www.angela's.com

The link for her site no workie.

Thanks for the feedback, guys

You're right, Sknydpr, i didn't notice that. I'll ask her for the correct link.

Johnathan, Topher, I'd rather have your birth dates than your age.

Next one:

DENISE

Name: Denise Nicole

Date of Birth: A June in the 70's, but who's counting after 28 years?

Currently Reside in: Ocean City Maryland USA

Vegan since: March 2004

Vegan because: health and ethical reasons

Favorite sports: Scuba Diving, Freediving

Occupation: Chief Executive Officer and Owner of Scuba Diving Center

What I like best about veganism: Being in the best health of my life and presenting a strong, healthy body to the mainstream world, primarily to dispel any vegan stereotypes and promote the Vegan Lifestyle

10/22/83, I'm older than both of yous! I"m starting to feel old too, at least on campus....so many 18 year old freshman!

But that's totally off topic.....sorry!

Make it on tpoic by sending me a picture FAST!

Hey, i know two other pretty girls born that day

Thanks Johnatahn and Topher

But sorry, i forgot to ask: since when vegan?

Edit: You confuse me

Johnathan says he's born on 28/07/1984, i think that's July

Meggy says 10/22/1983, that must be october.

So, has Topher birthday in Septmeber or November? I guess November 9th, because he's American as Meggy, not from the UK as Johnathan... (and because i remember he said that his birthday is coming up ).

"The "Fit Vegan Photo Calendar 2006" is a joint project of fit vegans from around the world. Our aim is to correct the common misconceptions that vegans are frail, skinny and weak. In fact there are countless vegan athletes who prove every day that a plant based diet delivers more than enough energy and nutritients for high performance in sports. The twelve pictures show athletes of various levels, from professional triathletes to amateur bodybuilders to fitness enthusiasts. The "Fit Vegan Photo Calendar 2006" is the perfect gift for vegans and from vegans to friends and family. We hope you enjoy the calendar and wish you a happy new year 2006! "

I think it sounds fine apart from those alterations I would make, which I've high-lighted

After the phrase "In fact" in the third sentence, there should be a comma. "Plant based diet" should probably read "plant-based diet"

ive been vegan since 7th september 2003. i remember the date specifically as it was the day i got back from nepal.

hehe - the american system of dates is silly - makes more sense to start with the smallest part (the day) and then work to the largest (the year). i reckon you guys just do it to be different

jonathan

Aww, I wish I were calendar-worthy, but I really don't think I am!

Heh, good point on the dates, I'm used to seeing it both ways - you are right though, Topher's is in November, he wrote it as we Americans do

My dad lived in Europe for awhile though (4 years in England, 2 in Belgium, and 4 in Italy, possibly more,not sure) Anyway - so he picked up the habit of writing his dates in day/month/year format, and I picked it up from him, so I tend to do it both ways! (which means I always know what I mean, but I often confuse others )

Sorry - off topic again. I'll have to find another way to make it up to you. My next thread you can hijack ok?

Aww, I wish I were calendar-worthy, but I really don't think I am!

I guess that means your avatar pic isn't really you?

Sorry - off topic again. I'll have to find another way to make it up to you. My next thread you can hijack ok?

Are there any threads in this forum that are NOT hijacked after 5 posts?

I take you by the word, however, your next thread is mine

I'm happy to say that tomorrow, approximately 20hours from now, the calendar will most probably be finished and the first test copy printed

Robert will distribute the calendar in the US. He said 100 copies would do for the beginning. Do you all think he's right with that estimation? All say:

NOOO!

For the Europeans, send an order to my email adress or pm me in the forum.

If anyone wants to buy a whole box for re-selling, that's possible also.

I hope i will get some organizations to distribute the calendar, or it might end up a very tiny project