Charlottesville Veg Festival a Success

michaelhobson

Just back from Charlottesville! What a great day we had. Josie and I spent the day talking to folks about vegan bodybuilding and vegan fitness. We handed out tons of flyers, business cards, "why vegan" brochures and Vega supliments. Thanks to Rob for hooking us up with so much cool stuff!

I was pleasantly surprised to meet Mike aka "petabodybuilder" who recently joined the board. He had a table set up right next to ours where he was doing free bodyfat testing and offering exercise and nutrition advice! Way to go Mike!!! Hopefully we will see more of Mike on the board, it's not often you meet a competetive vegan bodybuilder/ultramarathoner. Oh, and he's super nice to top it all off!

Erik Marcus, proprietor of vegan.com and author of the new book on factory farming, "Meat Market" stopped by for a chat. He was the keynote speaker at the festival. He seemed excited about the vegan bodybuilding idea and promised to mention us in his next internet radio show and link us on his web site. I read "Meat Market" a few weeks ago, it's a great book to introduce animal rights and a good refresher for us old timers.

Another fun part of the day was the Captains of Crush grippers we brought along. Not a single person at the festival could close the #1 or #2. Made for some great looks of astonishment as I picked either up and closed them for reps. My favorite was a fairly big frat-type guy who was telling me how he likes to eat "steak and potatos". He had one of the strongest grips of the day, but couldn't close either gripper. He wandered away saying "meat and potatos" over and over again as I advised him to go vegan so he could get stronger and close the Captains of Crush.

To finish the day off, we headed out to the Ming Dynasty restaurant for dinner. They gave away some awesome free samples of their Vegan Chinese offerings at the festival. I of course had to have more!

I've got pictures, but can't upload them on this computer. Check back later in the week for pics.

Thanks for the update Michael! I'm glad you had a great time and a successful time! I was thinking about you guys today while I was at work.

Great that you got to meet Mike! He and I have been in touch for a long time but I've never met him. I plan to be in touch with him on a more regular basis as we've been in better touch since he started working for Peta.

Thanks again Michael, I appreciate you representing Vegan Bodybuilding & Fitness and passing out the information to others.

I hope you get a chance to represent us at other events in the future.

And if anyone is attending an event (check the events section of the forum) please let me know and I'll hook you up with tons of cool stuff to pass out to visitors to the festival or whatever event it is.

I'll be in Canada a week from today at the Taste of Health festival, so if anyone is in the Vancouver, B.C. area, come by and say hi

Also Michael, thanks for the report of the event, I look forward to seeing photos.

-Robert

Sounds like a really cool festival

I'm glad that all went well and you had a good time.

Great that you showed the meat eat vegan power

Meeting up with lots of vegans and share great food together is always fantastic All the better when you can do some promotion work at the same time

I'm glad you had a great time. Sorry I didn't make it.. I was otherwise engaged yesterday. So when are we going to see Josie around on the boards.. hummm...

That's okay Renee, C'ville is a long haul from North Carolina.

I have told Josie you asked about her, but she doesn't spend much time online. She was such a great spokesperson for Vegan Bodybuilding at the festival, I told her it would be nice if she ACTUALLY JOINED THE BOARD!!!

• 2 weeks later...

Okay, I finally got a chance to upload the pics.

Our table at the Charlottesville Vegetarian Festival.

http://i17.photobucket.com/albums/b79/michaelhobson/Charlottesville%20Veg%20Fest/CvilleVegFestTable.jpg

Josie and I at the table.

http://i17.photobucket.com/albums/b79/michaelhobson/Charlottesville%20Veg%20Fest/MichaelandJosie.jpg

Me and Mike aka Petabodybuilder.

http://i17.photobucket.com/albums/b79/michaelhobson/Charlottesville%20Veg%20Fest/MichaelandMike.jpg

Josie with Mike in the background.

http://i17.photobucket.com/albums/b79/michaelhobson/Charlottesville%20Veg%20Fest/JosieNMikeBackground.jpg

Awesome Michael,

Thanks for the photos

I'll try to get some posted later this week.

I have to get back to work now after 4 days off and I didn't train or do as much cardio as I would have liked and I have less than 2 weeks until competition and have to work most of those days

I gotta hit it hard!

-Thin Thin Hard Hittin Him