One Arm snatch

I have started adding the one armed dumbell snatch to my workouts. This is a good movement. It seems to build speed, balance and strength. To help facilitate this I have just ordered some Russian Kettle Bells. I have never used this device before and am looking forward to implementing it into my workuot routine.

Yesterday I did 50 push-ups, 50 leg raises,3 sets of squats, 3 sets of bench, 3 sets of lat pull downs, 3 sets of military press, 3 sets of tricep kick backs and then 3 sets of one arm snatches. I was breathing like a bellows when I got done with the one arm snatches. I only allow 30 seconds between sets and 1 - 1 1/2 minutes bewteen exercises.

But, the snatches really seem to put the cap on the workout.

Over40

what, non sexually related, is a snatch?

No, not in this case. Although, when a student asked me recently what exercises I was doing I mentioned the "one armed snatch" without thinking much about it.

That moment in time was worth a few days of snickers and giggles.

Jon

Hey Jon,

Have you heard of Mike Mahler? I have a profile featuring him on the main site www.veganbodybuilding.com under the bodybuilding section.

I believe his website is www.mikemahler.com. He is a vegan strength coach and the #1 Kettle Bell instructor in the US I believe.

He's a cool guy, you should check out his website. If you e-mail him, tell him Robert Cheeke sent you

I've never used them but they seem like a great way to train.