Your ideal balanced raw vegan diet should really be

50-ish% fruits

40% greens/sprouts

and the rest nuts/seeds/dehydrated foods.. less than 10% of your

daily intake.

I would say slow way down on the nut intake... you can really mess

your digestive system up!

Fresh IS best.

Wow, it has been 4 months since I went raw...and now I agree with this statement 100%! I would even go so far to say this is the ideal diet period, not just raw vegan, unless your body chemistry is messed up from eating other diets and then perhaps you will progress to this diet? Hard to say...

I think at the time I thought something like... "Sure Courtney, how could you know what is best for me..."

Just for fun, today I ate:

16 oz green smoothie (1 banana and a bunch of kale w/ a little water)

2 lara bars

1 lb green salad w/ extra veggies

a sectioned banana wrapped in kale leaves

1 carton blueberries

custom blossoming lotus smoothie (fresh apple juice, kale, blueberry, mango and pineapple)

16 oz carrot juice

2 oz wheat grass shot

2 apples

2 avocados

2 red peppers

Feeling pretty damn amazing. I think one more green smoothie might go down before bedtime...but no more banana, I gotta watch that whole potassium sodium ratio thing...maybe I need some celery in this one to get a little sodium...

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Oregonisaac.

what have you been up to? I have not seen you on the boards lately.

I am happy to see you are still raw and that it is working for you.

Work, life, love, the usual.

I think I got sick of blogging my food all the time, became a chore, and just quit going online for this stuff for a while.

I am going to try to get back to the boards though, such a great community and resource!

How are you? How have you been? Funny to use my blog as a chat session...

I hear you about life getting very busy. I have been very busy myself with my new job, cycling, travelling for business and working on my house.

This is a great board and the only one I go to now because of my limited time.

How has the weather been out there in Portland? I don't watch tv so I really don't know what is happening weather wise around the country.

Are you still with the fire dept?

I hear you about life getting very busy. I have been very busy myself with my new job, cycling, travelling for business and working on my house.

This is a great board and the only one I go to now because of my limited time.

How has the weather been out there in Portland? I don't watch tv so I really don't know what is happening weather wise around the country.

Are you still with the fire dept?

The weather is absolutely fantastic! So great! I have biked about 20 miles so far today around town and from home to work and it is beautiful and warm, mid-70s I would guess.

I have never been with the fire department, that was a misquote if you read it online or on one of the news broadcasts. I was TRAINING for the fire department, and I got through all 4 stages and although I am eligible now but I most likely will not be selected for some time. Currently I am an IT manager.