Vegan Bodybuilding & Fitness

Healthy Food Defines You
It is currently Fri Apr 18, 2014 1:07 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 53 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 26, 2007 11:35 am 
Rabbit

Potter: The cycling unfortunately has been on hold for 2 weeks - because I have not been making time for it. I will be starting the rides up this week - I miss the bike and can't believe I let work get in the way.

I am job hunting right now - so lots of time to work out... So far I am up to 60km in 2 hours and my riding buddy and I are going to step up the rides every week as he has been busy as well.

I have a new computer - so now I am going to be doing interval training and the good part is not in doors - I hate seeing the same wall for 30 mins of HIIT...

I also have max and average Cadence - which is helping me keep a good pace - the training is way better.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 28, 2007 11:52 am 
Rabbit

I just finished a simple bodyweight workout including these exercises:

- Pull ups
- Push ups
- Lunges
- Squats
- Wall sit
and added in Face pull with a rubber band...

I know this sounds really simple and easy for most - but I have not been able to even do this without some shoulder pain. Once I get pain it increases through the day and all I can say is it sucks.

Well todays small workout was great - I walked away the hero on this one with no shoulder pain :D - I have had weight workouts with no pain to little pain but nothing like how smooth and painless todays workout went.

Well I am happy and I am sure gonna change to bodyweight training with added weight later on. I am sure free weights are done for me - I am having to much fun with BW exercises.

Soon it will be time for the fun stuff - did I mention I love making diet and exercise programs. I always make a couple programs switching everything up every 2-3 weeks to keep the challenge and muscles growing. My diet this time around is going to be so simple to put on paper because all I have to worry about is enough calories - who would of thought it was that easy :)

I can now eat 20 Bananas in a day with ease and 6-7 bananas in one sitting. All I usually need for a day is 2500 calories and 20 Bananas is perfect if I am feeling a mono day. I know my calorie demands might go up - but for now I feel perfect with this amount.

Cheers,

Steve

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 28, 2007 2:00 pm 
Gorilla

Holy guacamole Banana Boy that IS a lot of bananas ;)
Too bad you won't make it to VV this year, it would have been fun to watch you eat hah! Or compete with Potter on who can eat the most bananas in one sitting. That guys stomach is one black hole I tell ya.

Load the barn!
I'm quitting the cookies!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 29, 2007 2:51 pm 
Rabbit

HAHA well I think you just started a eating war between potter and I :lol: IF he wants to come get his A** kicked by my Banana eating Skills!!!! 8)

Wow I gotta say these shoulders have been healing and fixing themselves like no tomorrow. I think the push ups and pull ups I have been doing are helping out alot. I notice my posture is getting better - not that I'm the hunch back of Notre Dame or anything... But a perfect posture and improving the slightest bit goes a long way in healthy shoulders.

Anyone want to send me a fresh Durian????? cause I want in on the glory!!! We can't get fresh at all where I am!!! They all come frozen and dunked in pesticide from what I have heard? :twisted:

Also anybody know how to change the subject name of posts? can I do that somehow? cause it would be better not to start a new blog...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 29, 2007 3:13 pm 
If you can get down here I'm game for a banana fight :twisted:

As for the cycling if you've been on the trainer I think you'll find you didn't lose anything and maybe even got stronger. I hate using them so I don't but they are useful. Check the tire wear though. If you've got a not so round spot in the tire it won't roll so fast on the road so its deceiving in terms of the speed you can maintain. I have a flat spot and I've been making that flat spot for so long that I never really slowed down(I have nearly 4000miles on this tire)....anyway I just put a new tire on and its gonna roll so much better when I go out for my ride tonight. I'm only doing an easy ride due to a race I have in the morning but still...it will be much easier to go fast than it was.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 02, 2007 9:17 pm 
Rabbit

DID I mention My shoulders are amazing right now!!! I feel so good about starting up a good workout program!!! 8 months people thats how long it's been since I have been able to do a hard workout :twisted:

This week holds alot of bodyweight training and a ton of cardio :P Time to get into the best shape and health of my life!!! I will be training for my career which is a secret - everyone says I am full of secrets - I just say I am good at keeping them :lol:

I have been on a watermelon kick lately, eating at least 1 whole one a day and they are pretty big...

Forgot to mention so I am editing... I was out for lunch with my band members the other day and I am the only vegan (one is vegetarian) - so I just go to chat and they like me hanging out with them...

So I am sitting there with my bottle of water - this old lady walks up to our table and asks me if she can buy me something to eat - I said no thank you and got to tell her about me being vegan and what it means...

So she went on saying how I was raised very well and my mother must be proud - is that not the greatest thing ever - there are still good people out there - really got me thinking!!! put me in a Damn good mood that day...

Potter: I would love to come down and eat as many Bananas as I could handle in one sitting!!! and did I mention kick your A** as well :twisted:

I have been doing easy short rides so far and I have been dogging the long rides... I need to get motivated again with my cycling BIG TIME!!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 02, 2007 9:31 pm 
Get your butt down here and we can do some banana rides. Race to every store that carries bananas...eat 5 then go onto the next place.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 02, 2007 10:40 pm 
Mastodon

I might be up for a banana eating contest!

335 Squat

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 03, 2007 8:41 am 
Manatee

Wow! What a wonderful journey you're making Steve. Congrats. I look forward to reading more. Ciao :D

Since RAW is good enough for every other animal on the planet, it is good enough for me. I'd much rather be like any one of them than most humans anyway.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 05, 2007 2:16 pm 
Rabbit

Looks like we got ourselves a Banana eating contest :P we will have to get this going if I ever get to meet you guys...

Potter: I know you gotta be watching the Tour De France come Saturday 8) I will be getting up early to watch the stages - plan some rides before hand as a nice idea!!!

Veganitaliana: Thanks - I appreciate you reading...

Shoulders still feel good!!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 05, 2007 4:15 pm 
Gorilla

Tour de france?
Again?
Gee... there must be at least 5 tour de france a year..or maybe I'm just losing track of time. Seems like that thing is going on all the time.

Happy your shoulders are doing great. If you have a pilates ball - do pushups on it. Does wonders for stabilising the rorator cuff not to mention the rest of your body too. Great as a warmup :)

Looking forward to meeting you someday, especially if I get to watch a banana eating contest hahah! I'll be on your team for sure :wink:

Load the barn!
I'm quitting the cookies!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 05, 2007 4:15 pm 
Plans may be a bit mixed up now. I'm staying in Victoria until late Tuesday and Dave Noisy(vegan track cyclist extaordinare) is TV free but we'll see what we can do to run into one.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 08, 2007 11:20 pm 
Rabbit

Tomorrow is my start of a training schedule I made up for myself. I will not get into the details until later on when I refine it. I have alot of back building and shoulder stabilizing workouts in it.

I actually caused some pain in my shoulders by trying some weights out. My shoulders were feeling so good that I jumped the gun. Now I know not to get cocky when I am feeling good. Lesson learned and I will just stick to my BW workouts and minor weights.

Liz: I do use a Pilate's ball for abs and stabilizing exercises and it's helping me...

Potter: I actually missed the first 2 stages - but I am not sure if I am really into it as I should be. I feel like I should be getting myself out there instead of watching the tour.

Lets hope tomorrow brings a good workout and shoulder day!!!

Steve

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 09, 2007 12:18 am 
You can always watch the tour on the trainer. Not the most fun thing to do but it'll help the time pass by a bit quicker.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 11, 2007 5:34 pm 
Rabbit

Well,

My shoulders are back to feeling good again - after a few days of pain. I believe that I won't be touching weights anymore. I am actually taking most of my weights out of the house - out of sight out of mind :idea:

Todays workout was great and My chest/legs/back/arms are nice and sore. This is going to be very interesting for me as I have a new diet and new way of building muscle.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 53 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next