A little about Me...

Tour de france?

Again?

Gee... there must be at least 5 tour de france a year..or maybe I'm just losing track of time. Seems like that thing is going on all the time.

Happy your shoulders are doing great. If you have a pilates ball - do pushups on it. Does wonders for stabilising the rorator cuff not to mention the rest of your body too. Great as a warmup

Looking forward to meeting you someday, especially if I get to watch a banana eating contest hahah! I'll be on your team for sure

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Plans may be a bit mixed up now. I'm staying in Victoria until late Tuesday and Dave Noisy(vegan track cyclist extaordinare) is TV free but we'll see what we can do to run into one.

Tomorrow is my start of a training schedule I made up for myself. I will not get into the details until later on when I refine it. I have alot of back building and shoulder stabilizing workouts in it.

I actually caused some pain in my shoulders by trying some weights out. My shoulders were feeling so good that I jumped the gun. Now I know not to get cocky when I am feeling good. Lesson learned and I will just stick to my BW workouts and minor weights.

Liz: I do use a Pilate's ball for abs and stabilizing exercises and it's helping me...

Potter: I actually missed the first 2 stages - but I am not sure if I am really into it as I should be. I feel like I should be getting myself out there instead of watching the tour.

Lets hope tomorrow brings a good workout and shoulder day!!!

Steve

You can always watch the tour on the trainer. Not the most fun thing to do but it'll help the time pass by a bit quicker.

Well,

My shoulders are back to feeling good again - after a few days of pain. I believe that I won't be touching weights anymore. I am actually taking most of my weights out of the house - out of sight out of mind

Todays workout was great and My chest/legs/back/arms are nice and sore. This is going to be very interesting for me as I have a new diet and new way of building muscle.

Just got back from Toronto...

I didn't get to workout today!!! I went to the Kensington market in T.O and bought myself some blackspot unswoosher boots. These things are amazing and so comfortable - everyone should check'em out.

http://adbusters.org/metas/corpo/blackspotshoes/

I got my shoes from Left Feet and the people in there are great. I will be buying all my shoes from them now on.

I found some Durian - but I never bought one and when I am there next week I will... I was thinking about bringing one back but everyone would hate me for it

I am wiped from walking around the city and having fun!!!

LoveLiberate: I had a great time - wish I had more vegans to tag along with me. Although I met a bunch that were great people!!!

This week I vow to make one of my most active weeks of many. I believe I am an active person - yet this week I plan on hiking/swimming/running/biking along with my regular workouts everyday.

Monday I will be going for a big morning hike and then getting a shoulder/back workout in. I hope to go for a nice swim after this - jogging or biking beforehand.

The weather will decide the rest of the week for me it looks like. I may have to bring some workouts in doors - which it's always better outdoors...

Hey bananas, I climbed a tree fo ryou today, and I kissed it too We'll post a video about it soon.

I don't think it counts Liz as I didn't hear my name mentioned - I am going to need the hug and kiss dedicated to me

Yesterday I took the dogs out for a walk and some jogging. Then I did some bodyweight exercises. I am pretty sore today - had a real good back, chest and arm pump.

I just rode my bike over to my Uncles house and I am going to jump in the pool for some laps. I am lucky that he uses this special eco friendly chlorine free stuff to keep his pool clean. I can open my eyes under water and they never hurt or sting - plus my skin feels smooth when I get out and never dry.

Cheers

DANG!!!

Allright, Ill get it right next time then lol

I have a lot of trees left to hug and kiss

I will be waiting

Today I did my workout routine and did mostly yard work until it rained. I am going to Toronto tomorrow and I am hoping to find some good things to do. I know I am probably going to try and get into china town and get a durian. I hear that the durians they have are not the best though - so I am a little worried about eating one.

Also yesterday I got a really good ride on my bike in after leaving my uncles house. Good times!!!

I also got to see the rabbit that has been eating my lettuce - he is actually pretty friendly for a wild rabbit and I have video footage of him as I was able to get within a foot of him.

lol

sorry I missed you on msn earlier, I was out doing aikido!

I haven't beenaround hugable trees yet but tomorrow I sure will go to a park,a nd I will make sure robert catch on video when I hug one and I WILL dedicate it to you! lol. I haven't forgotten about it!!!!

OK, So I have been busy with recording and my band!!! The other day I spent 4-5 hours sitting behind my drums trying to get some good sounding drums tracks. Needless to say we finally got everything dialed in and now I can start recording drum tracks for our songs. Tonight I am heading to my little room of drums for another 5 hour night!!! This time should be better - no more messing around... I hate messing around with recording right now as these are just for my buddy so he can write lyrics - whats the use of tweaking everything.

Robert: I got my shirt today thanks a lot for coming through on that!!! I'm glad you put some business cards in there. I am known for carrying them in my wallet and handing them out when the time comes.

Liz: Thanks for the small letter you wrote me!!! I was not expecting that at all... I will have to catch you on msn sometime when you and I are not busy. Can't wait for my so called tree hugging video...

I will get a picture up here sometime of me with my shirt!!!

Cheers,

Steve

Nice video Liz! You're gonna have to start doing that for everyone!

What kind of tree was it?

Steve, good luck with that durian-hope it doesn't smell too much. Ciao

Sorry for writing in your blog Steve..

Veganitaliana - I have no idea what kind of tree that was, it was nice and old and big...very old actually because it had a lot of little holes from bugs in it... but it smelled very nice and well, I have a thing for trees! They make me happy and they are so pretty

maybe I have to start doing that for everyone even though I am kinda dorky. Thanks for the idea and have a lovely day..

• 4 weeks later...

Hey Guys/Gals,

I thought I needed a new account as I really don't like using the word raw as it comes with a lot of garbage thinking attached to it. I don't care about post counts or anything like that - when I first signed up to the forums I could not think of what I wanted to use.

So I still have the same pic which will allow everyone to clue in that it's me and get use to my new name!!! My new account name is a nickname of my first and last name put together... Steve J = Steej ---

Cheers,

Steve

I like the new name. It reminds me of Blue Steel, which is sexy. Raw is pretty popular on this forum, more than any other non-raw forum I've seen, but I hear ya, and know what you mean.

Yesterday I was fueled by bananas as well, in fact I might go eat one right now.

Take care man,

I just don't want to be labeled is all... Also so many people use the word raw like Rob said and I want to get away from it.

I rather people see health through my actions and not with words!!! I am just a vegan like everyone else on here

Also there is a lot of misinformation surrounding the raw food community and I don't want that riding on my back... I don't really want to get into it though!!!

Cheers,

Steve

OK My weekend was interesting - I know I have not been posting in my Blog very much.

I went to my Cousins house for a party that she was throwing for UFC. I get there and of course everyone is drinking and eating all kinds of non-vegan food.

I get offered some food and say no thanks and look for her fruit bowl. Well her Husband starts reaming on me and I tell him how it is - he dropped the conversation. Well then it's time to go so we jump in the car my sister, her b/f and my cousin John.

We get ourselves kind of lost as we are out in the boonies to begin with. As we are driving everyone is getting frustrated and my sister says we need directions. My sisters b/f being funny says what do you want to do stop and ask a freaking cow.

Well were going around 90 km/h and not even 5 minutes goes by - A huge FULL SIZE Bull walks onto the road and we just saw it in time to react. I was not driving so i didn't even know what was happening. We missed the bull by a foot and were pretty shook up - I told my sister to call 911 and tell them where we are and about the bull. Then I jump out and Flag the speeding car coming towards us (back roads people set the speed limit). The roads were pitch black and the Bull was a very dark brown and very hard to see.

I am 100% sure we or one of us would of died in the crash and that if I didn't stop the car he would of hit the bull. One thing I know is I was cautious on getting out of the car because this thing had huge horns and was huge/fearless.

Conclusion - I am happy we were all safe and I hope the bull got put back in his pen so he won't get hit. We could not stick around, but the man I stopped did I am sure because he was from the area. The 911 operator said he would send a police cruiser to the location immediately.

slipping through the cracks again and I already have one totaled car accident under my belt with bad outcomes.

Stay safe everyone!!!

Steve