Topher's Journey Out West

robert

Well, it's official, Topher is on his way to Oregon!

As many of you have read from other threads, Topher was having a bit of a tough time deciding what to do this year as far as school, work, place of residence, etc.

He finally decided he would move out to Oregon to live some of the dreams he's had for years and to reach some of the new goals he has set for himself.

His actual driving journey across the US began this morning from Pennsylvania and I just received a message from him on my phone while I was napping, informing me he is now in Illinois and still moving along. He expects to be here in a couple of days.

I'll keep you all updated on his progress as he's phoning each day to let me know where he is.

I have lots of cleaning up to do around the apartment before his arrival so I better get to work.

It looks like he'll be here in time for my competition I compete in 10 days and I'll have Big Topher cheering for me

All the best, I'm off to eat and clean now.

-Thin Thin Preparing for Topher's Arrival Him

I agree. Topher is one of the nicest, kindest people I've come across.

He's pumped about the trip out here and I can't believe in just about 2 days time, he'll be out here kickin it with me, training with me in my final week before my upcoming bodybuilding contest

I'll post some pics of us training next week

Way cool Rob! I know you guys will have a great time together.

It really is so much fun meeting people from the board that you have gotten to know so well already. And yes, Topher is exceptional. In addition to being kind, you will find he is extremely intelligent and thoughtful as well.

Topher is going to fit in well at your place too, he is always shedding clothes and wandering around half naked.

It is a LONG Drive, but I just got word tonight when Topher called during my workout that he was in Nebraska, only 2 hours from Wyoming where me may retire for the evening. I believe Wyoming to Oregon can be done in on day, I think I did that before, so he may be here tomorrow night!

Unfortunately for my regular full-time job I work all 7-4 Friday, Saturday and Sunday, but I'll get to train and hang out in the evenings.

My phone died, so I'm charging it now and I'll call him in a bit, I bet he's in Wyoming by now

Only 9 more days until my contest, so it will be really cool to have Topher here for that

-Thin Thin Very Very Tired and Overworked Him

Wow, he's making really good time!

I believe Wyoming to Oregon can be done in on day, I think I did that before, so he may be here tomorrow night!

The last time I drove cross-country, I drove from Enterprise, OR (had family living there) to Rapid City, SD in one day... and that's roughly the same distance, I think. It can totally be done in one day, but it'll be a long day.

Is Montana still virtually without a speed limit on the highways, I wonder? (aka Montanabahn)

Well, there goes another perfectly good pair of underpants

Hehehe.

I, for one, am getting pretty excited. I haven't heard from Robert yet today, but he seemed to think Topher might even get here tonight I can't believe he's traveled so fast! What a speed demon!

I shall have to go make myself all pretty for his arrival....no, just kidding, but I am at least going to try to vacuum!

Now there will be 3 vegans in the house!

Topher is in Oregon!

I hadn't heard from Topher in nearly 24 hours and was a bit worried but remembered that he probably wouldn't have cell phone service out in the middle of Wyoming or Idaho.

So I was just saying to myself when am I going to hear from Topher again, and he called within seconds of my thought, and informed me he was in Oregon Of course, he's on the other site of the state, but he'll be here in about 6 hours.

I'm sure he'll share stories once he gets here, but he's told me about sleeping in his car with snow all around, in below freezing conditions and waking up to people looking at him through his window.

He's made amazing time and will barely make it as far as money goes. He'll probably have $50 left over.

So that is the report for now. I have to go to the gym and then mash some potatoes for Topher so they'll be ready when he gets here.

-Thin Thin Topher's Almost Here Him

So that is the report for now. I have to go to the gym and then mash some potatoes for Topher so they'll be ready when he gets here.

-Thin Thin Topher's Almost Here Him

ya, make sure there is a good vegan meal waiting for him when he gets to your house. he must be starving and very tired.

I hope you all have a blast. I feel so happy that you will be together this week.

Topher arrives in less than one hour!

His bed is made (the blankets have flowers on them) , the potatoes are ready for him and cupboards stocked full of food.

It is a little before midnight right now and I wake up around 6AM for work so our first visit will just be a short one while he eats, we chat, then I go to bed and I'm sure he will as soon as he takes a shower.

He got here really quickly. There is no way I could drive that far, that quickly, by myself.

Anyway, while I'm at work he'll be using my computer so I'm sure you'll hear from him soon!

I have exactly one week before my competition. It is soooo cool to have Topher here to watch it!

-Thin Thin Just Get Here Already Topher Him

Hey, you beat me!

Topher is here! Photos coming soon!

We're training tomorrow but I have to wake up in 4 hours for work so I hope I'll be rested.

He'll be on here tomorrow (or sleeping and eating all day).

-Thin Thin Toph-Dogg Him

I made it here! wohooo victory!

thanks ya'll for your kind words, and help with gas $$

I ended up leaving 10am wednesday october 5th and arriving lil after midnight on friday october 7th.

I learned so much about myself and had the best time ever. I slept in a car wrapped in a "land before time"blanket, I had a rambo action figure to keep me company, I filmed my adventure, and along the way I met so many kind ppls.

Rob and Meg are truly some of the nicest ppls ive ever met. I instantly feel at home and the potatos were delicious.

Robert's forearms are huge! after losing some weight I feel so small compared to him. so its time to start training really hard. hehe. and help get rob in contest shape. although I aleady think he is. he really is a big guy.