So far to go....

veggymeggy

I'm taking a break from my studying; I've been doing it all night!

I'm feeling really frustrated today because it seems like graduation is SOOOO far off. I took some time off/only went part time for the last 2 years, and so now instead of being in my senior year of college, I'm only a junior

I don't exactly regret the path I took, because I had a lot of good life experiences (and bad) and came back to school more dedicated than ever.

But it's so discouraging looking at my transcripts and my graduation requirements and seeing how much I still have to do!

What's especially frustrating is the amount of difficulty I've had getting the classes I need...there is a nutrition class I need to take as pre-requisite to almost every other nutrition class I have to take that I haven't been able to get into the last 2 terms in a row! I even talked to the professor personally and he wouldn't let me in because I'm not a graduating senior!

On top of all that, I wonder how I'm ever going to get through my classes because there is SO MUCH CHEMISTRY! I'm more of a verbal, conceptually oriented person - not scientific! I'm dedicated to my major because I know it's what I want to do, and all these chemistry courses are like building blocks to get to the stuff I actually care about learning...but I worry about getting good grades in these classes. O-Chem may be the death of me! I know I can do it - but it's so hard to focus on it and it takes so much work. I'm really worried about keeping my GPA up too so I can get into grad school....I'm already going to be 23 when I get my B.S. so I don't want to wait at all to start my masters.

THEN, after that, I want my doctorate! I want more than anything to be a dr. of nutrition someday.....

but, right now, it all just seems so far away

...That's my rant for the night; I feel a little bit better now. Time to go back to studying before Topher arrives!

Don't worry about it. Chemistry isn't so hard. And it is really interesting when applied to nutrition. Like why unsaturated fatty acids are better than saturated ones. So it is really interesting, and not that hard.

And I am also a junior, and wil also be 23 when I graduate:) And I am also thinking about getting a masters degree. I just don't have to worry about my GPA, becouse a D- is enough for me.

If you are tired of the USA, you can come to the Netherlands for your masters degree. Most masters have classes in english, and it isn't as competitive as in the USA, and it only costs about $1500 a year(not including books, housing etc.).

WOW that's cheap! Alright, I'm going to the Netherlands for my advanced degrees!

On the chemistry - once I get into the stuff that's applicaple, like fats and carbs and such, then yeah, that's more interesting to me. That's still 2 terms away though Right now I'm trying to memorize alkanes, alkenes, alkynes, methyls, ethyls, etc, etc, etc,

I'm no good at it

BUT - hehehe, if I need help, I'm asking you since you say it's so easy!