Renee's newly motivated log

DB Flat Bench Press 2 x 8 x 40# (struggled on last rep of each set)

Well, you were almost 100 reps in to your routine! Not to mention 40# dumbels are heavy.

If anyone cares - my biceps are up to 13 7/8" - almost 14 inches.

Fantastic bodybuilding Renee! Your biceps have almost caught up with Jonathan.

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I lost 2 more pounds when I weighed today. Since I stopped trying to diet.

I had a weak ass workout today. I had a real long day. The program my daughter is supposed to be enrolled in this fall (starting in about 2 weeks) has just been canceled for the semester. So it'll be next semester before she gets to start it. So there is really nothing available for her to do besides group class (she's been taking 2 levels together) so she's not really at a place to start a new 'group' class. She'd either be below the other kids and not able to keep up or ahead of the other kids and bored out her mind and not learn anything. We had the latter problem before. And her other option is she could take stroking as a semi-private lesson rather than a group class. A new thing they are starting so that stroking class doesn't get the whole ice. And that may or may not be offered at a convient time.

ah today's workout

Lying Hamstring curls 3 x 10 x 60#

DB SA Bicep Curls 3 x 8/10/6 x 30/25/30# (I was really struggling with the 30s today they felt so heavy - I may add a 4th workout to just come in and hit all over so that I don't go a full week without hitting the muscles. Got to figure something out with that.

Standing Leg Curls 3 x 10 x 60/65/70#

Cable Bicep Curls 3 x 8 x 75#

Decline Situps 3 x 15

Cable Reverse Curls 3 x 10 x 65#

DB Wrist Curls 3 x 10 x 20#

DB Reverse Wrist curls 3 x 10 x 12#

DB Side Bends 3 x 10 x 30#

BB Bench Press 3 x 20 x 65# (trying to train myself to do a high number of reps by doing 20 at a time with short rest breaks - will try to do more reps and sets as I get closer to competition)

Cable Bicep Curls 3 x 10 x 70#

Cable Tricep Pressdown 3 x 10 x 80#

Low Pull m 3 x 10 x 80#

Hamstring Curls 3 x 10 x 60#

Leg Extensions 3 x 10 x 80#

Tried to one exercise to hit each muscle - forgot to do shoulders - will try to do lighter weights higher reps in the future on my additional day)

DB Swing Squat 3 x 16 x 20#

DB Squat 3 x 10 x 25#

Leg Press 3 x 10 x 230#

Calf Press 3 x 10 x 230#

Upright Row 3 x 10 x 15#

Seated Row 3 x 10 x 80#

Lateral Raises 3 x 10 x 15#

Shrugs 3 x 10 x 45#

One Arm Row 3 x 10 x 25#

my bra ripped a little when I got to the gym and I was scared to do certain exercises because I didn't want to rip all the way. Its trash now!

Me either it was this one that broke http://photos.groups.yahoo.com/group/veganbodybuilding/vwp?.dir=/Renee+B+Carroll&.src=gr&.dnm=28Jan04_abs_photo.jpg&.view=t&.done=http%3a//photos.groups.yahoo.com/group/veganbodybuilding/lst%3f%26.dir=/Renee%2bB%2bCarroll%26.src=gr%26.view=t

I kind of like the everlast sports bras.. but my chest size has increased quite a bit since I got that bra.. that is good lots of bench presses went into that:) but some of it is fat weight gain its not ALL muscle. I'm moving more toward this style of bra rather than the underwire support kind http://www.championcatalog.com/cgi-bin/ncommerce/ProductDisplay?prnbr=CH2149&cgnbr=2061000000

if anybody cares.. I know its not relavent to the MALE readers.

• 2 weeks later...

I am just running and benching this week.

BB Bench 1 x 36 x 65#

BB Bench 1 x 18 x 70#

BB Bench 1 x 11 x 75#

I wanted to get 40, 20, and 12 respectively.. oh well

Ran 3 miles on the treadmill..

I really need to work on speed. I think I'll try some interval training of 2 - 3 minutes of fast and slow.. slowly increasing my 'fast' speed tonight.

I really don't want to make excuses for myself. I didn't do very well. I got 33 reps of 70 pounds. They rounded my weight up and made me lift 70 pounds (my % was 67 pounds). My 5K pace was around 11 minutes a mile. I didn't train enough speed work - I'd gotten used to running slow to run the whole 5K. Plus it was 90 degrees out there at 2pm - at least future races will be in the morning when it is cooler. Anyway chalking it up to a learning experience. Must do more speed work.. and must loose some weight:)

ps the woman who won the Pump'N'Run got 75 reps.. there were a few people who got 50+ reps.. so I wouldn't have placed anyway.... I was just upset I didn't do the best that *I* could do.

I found a picture... here you go:

http://www.stumptuous.com/weird_stuff.html

except that my up squat position is the middle picture - I don't guess I go ALL the way up.. according to this.

actually I do them one handed - not two handed more like this

http://www.trainforstrength.com/ex-4.shtml

again my up is picture 4, not picture 5. Maybe I should change how I do them then... huh?

Its supposed to work the whole body.. doing those on Monday incapsitated me for a week. I'll have take it a little bit easier next time. I'm going to try a slight modification of the workout plan I found in that article. Pretty much doing the routine as he has it listed and adding squats to one day and some bench press work to another. We'll see how that goes this week.

• 2 weeks later...

Its been a while since I posted. I seem to be lifting a lot less often than in the past so I'm going to be trying to get in 2 or 3 full body workouts a week.

Swing Squats 3 x 10 x 15# each leg (was not getting full range of motion before - MUCH harder this way)

Cable Push Pull 2 x 10 x 30# (each direction)

DB Bicep Curls 3 x 10 x 25#

DB Bench Press 3 x 10 x 35# (40s were MIA)

Seated Row 3 x 10 x 70#

feedback welcome on program...