Vegan Bodybuilding & Fitness

Healthy Food Defines You
It is currently Sat Aug 23, 2014 3:02 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 01, 2007 12:19 am 
Elephant

Well today I had some pretty good food. I tried some of that organic high fiber oatmeal. I cooked it with soymilk instead of water to upp the fiber and protein. The soymilk I used actually had a bit of fiber. 4 grams per serving.

And for Dinner I made some de-licious brown rice penne pasta and crushed tomatoes. All organic of coarse. too bad I didn't have any sea salt to add any flavor to it.

I don't know how I did/do it. I haven't had a conventional soda in years. The closest thing I've had is an izze from starbucks.

well anyways on my Minnesota plans. I will try and go when the weather is nice. Or I'll just stay at hotels. Of coarse it would proaboably be snowing so it's best to wait.

I did some jump rope today. I don't get to do it often becouse usually my younger brother and sister don't go outside. And it's boring by myself. If I lived in a neighborhood with people my own age who spent time outside and stuff like that I'd be outside more often.

I really want to get a membership to the local raquet and health club. But usually money is chapped. And I really, Really want to being going to the pool but usually that cost's money too.

Currently my workout hasn't really took off yet. I wanted to wait until my diet became more stable. And now it has.

I have my own total gym but I'm afraid it won't do anything for my arms. I keep hearing free weights are the thing but I don't have money ;-;.

But I do love jump rope. I can do it backwards. And as soon as I get the means to record I will put up some videos.

Check it out here. http://www.legendofzeldaseries.com/forums/index.php ^_^

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 01, 2007 6:55 am 
Rabbit

Dr. Pink wrote:
If straight guys can't walk around in pink bunny ears and pink hair without being called gay what's the world comming too ^_^

Nice signature, Dr. Pink. Have you seen the Crimethinc. "Gender Subversion" poster?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 01, 2007 8:33 am 
Elephant

Nope that was a first for me. But thanks for showing it to me. I agree with the poster. I never liked gender roles much. I do what I like in life. If I want to dye my hair pink and watch Die Hard at the same time, I do it ^_^

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 06, 2007 7:32 pm 
Elephant

My diet has improved greatly in my opinion. I just went shopping at Railey's today and was able to buy 3 pounds of Spinach, 2 packages of whole wheat flax penne pasta, Pasta Sauce, Oat Meal, Blue Berries, A Pound of Carrots and a pound of green onions.

I basically have to live on a budget of 20 bucks becouse my ssi money has to be budgeted for food and for housing for my mom since I live with her. No one in our house works. Everyone is disabled. But I'm looking for work. That way I can increase my food budget, start going to a real gym and make money to move out.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 13, 2007 12:06 pm 
Elephant

I found work. This is awesome. Soon I will start work at Target. The job starts at $8 an hour and the hours are from 4am to noon. So I will be saving quite a bit of money and using a small bit of each pay check to fund a personal gym. It would save money as opposed to going to a real gym.

So I'm just awaigting the phone call. Hopefully they call soon. I feel all giddy like a girl waigting for the phone to ring.

I went on the interview( two actually) then to a drug screening and background check on Tuesday.

So hopefully by today or tommarow I will get a call on when I start Orientation.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 15, 2007 4:35 pm 
Elephant

Glad to hear that yr working on eating better. Best wishes on the new job! :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2007 11:28 am 
Elephant

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2007 11:37 am 
Gorilla

Congrats to you finding a job! That is awesome!!!!!! :supz:

Load the barn!
I'm quitting the cookies!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jul 21, 2007 12:23 pm 
Elephant

Thanks Liz :D

I'm more happy that I can begin saving money to move and help my mom with the bills. They raised our mortgage by 400 dollars this month. She is disabled with MS and lives on Social Security. My brother and Sister both have Fragile X( He is 17 but doesn't work) and she is 13( Too young lol) My parents are divorced. So we live off the goverment. But now that I have got a job and I will be doing my best to support them until she can refinance and my brother can apply for more Social Security.

As for the move. I am torn between three places. Minnesota( I know a dud there whom I have known at this Ledgend of Zelda Forum since September of last year.

Then there's a girl I know who lives up in Montreal. I actually have a crush on her and I think she has one on me. But I feel weird becouse she is alot younger than me. But I would love to live there anyways just to hang out. We have so much in common. But the age is a bit much. She is 10 years younger than me. It wouldn't be so bad if she was older though. Relationships have happened between people who are 10 years apart.

Then the next place I'd like to live would be near the San Jose/Milpitas/Freemont area. This would proaboably be best. It's only 2 hours away from mum, They have a Trader Joes in Freemont( FTW) And I know two cool people there too. One of whome I have had a crush on for a while. She is also a bit younger than be but not as severe as the last. She is 6 years younger than me.

XD now before you all call me a Pedophille( Which one guy online had caled me) there only crushes. I'd never date anybody 18 and younger. But I do think if my soul mate was younger than me. I'd just wait till she was older. I could wait 10 years before getting a girlfriend. I am going to be 23 in 13 days and I have never had sex, had a girlfriend or even been kissed. I am in no rush. For the right girl I'd wait. What's the point of jumping into a relationship?

I also got a Cell Phone. AWESOME. My mom accidentally washed her phone in the washing machine. She didn't have the money to replace it( We are with Metro PCS) so she needed to sign a contract. We went with Verizon. We got a great deal. A family plan. both phones free. All we needed to pay was the sales tax. So I gave her the money that was supposed to go for food to help pay the sales tax. I'll be okay. I was able to get some food. And once I get a job I plan on creating a 50 dollar budget at Trader Joes.

The only downside is I am only allowed to call at night( Starting at 9pm and ending at 7am), Weekends or to other Verizon Wireless customers.

But it's alright. I'd mostly use the phone to let my mom know when to pick me up and stuff.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jul 21, 2007 12:43 pm 
Elephant

Silly me I forgot to update on the Job call. Well I got it a few days ago. I start work on the 24th of this month :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jul 21, 2007 9:30 pm 
Stegosaurus

A good tip: If you get a 2nd job part time at a gym, they normally give employees free membership, which ups your cash because you're not spending money on membership, and because you're working to make an extra 6 - 7$ an hour.

"Look at what a green thumb this guy has, he just throws plants in water and they root!"
- A good friend talking about my basil cuttings

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 22, 2007 12:41 am 
Elephant

^ Interesting idea. I hope I can find one. It took me two years to get the job at Target( After 2 years of Searching) But I like the idea.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 22, 2007 12:45 am 
Stegosaurus

Dr. Pink wrote:
^ Interesting idea. I hope I can find one. It took me two years to get the job at Target( After 2 years of Searching) But I like the idea.

If you can find a gym, or employment at a gym? Gyms have large turnover and are normally hiring.

"Look at what a green thumb this guy has, he just throws plants in water and they root!"

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 22, 2007 1:00 am 
Elephant

Thanks :D. There are several gyms here. So I could always check. And there's no rush becouse I have a full-time job. I'd just wonder what I'd be doing at said job. Not sure if the gym workers can work out while they work. If that is the case I'd love it even more.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 22, 2007 10:18 am 
Stegosaurus

If you go to some local gyms you can get away with at least doing pull ups and dips while you work, but at the gym I used to go to before I moved, employees would have keys to the place and were free to go in and workout 24/7.