Newbie Intro

bigbwhy

Hi guys, I'm a vegan that loves lifting wieghts, I've decided to take it seriously and get big and beautiful but I don't want to take any supplements at all! I know it can be done and I will achieve my goals! thanks guys! bigbwhy.

Hey bigbwhy!

This is the perfect site for you

There are quite a few vegans around and most love lifting weights

I believe you don't need supplements, too. (Although i have to admit i like the idea that i munch on builder bars and Vega shakes all day... ).

Have fund and success with the weights,

Daywalker

Hey Welcome to our TEAM!

I agree that one does not need supplements. At times I've taken a bunch and other times, for months at a time, no supplements at all.

I just take a few right now, nothing major just some Vega, mutivitamin and sometimes L-Glutamine.

Most of my nutrition comes from actual food, but I think supplements can help a little in most cases.

Again, welcome!

-Robert

Hi guys, thanks again for the great welcome, this seems like a really friendly site! just a little background on myself, I'm a former Fruitarian of ten years, before that I was a pro Rugby player, towards the end of my career I became a fruitarian and lost a lot of size and strength, anyway now I'm vegan my goal is to get to around 230lbs of good muscle! I realise that there's alot more elements that I need to learn for me to reach that goal so here I am! anyway right now I'm working on training hard,eating good,drinking water and resting a whole bunch! so watch this space.....bigbwii

This is me at 140lbs I'm now 175lbs

http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a84/Bigbwii/82305.jpg

Hi guys, thanks again for the great welcome, this seems like a really friendly site! just a little background on myself, I'm a former Fruitarian of ten years, before that I was a pro Rugby player, towards the end of my career I became a fruitarian and lost a lot of size and strength, anyway now I'm vegan my goal is to get to around 230lbs of good muscle! I realise that there's alot more elements that I need to learn for me to reach that goal so here I am! anyway right now I'm working on training hard,eating good,drinking water and resting a whole bunch! so watch this space.....bigbwii

This is me at 140lbs I'm now 175lbs

http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a84/Bigbwii/82305.jpg

Hi welcome Awesome photo! Quality muscle. What a foundation! You're gonna be MASSIVE. I'm also 175lbs and bulking up. Like you, I'm training hard in the gym, getting plenty of rest, drinking water all day long and eating as much food as possible!

I totally agree: no supplements needed. Just look at the Gorilla!!

Peace.

Thanks for the compliments, I took that picture as part of my journal when I was a Fruitarian a month ago, I was a Fruitarian for ten years, I did not train very hard or often and gains were very slow, now I'm back to being a vegan I'm much stronger and my gains are a lot faster, I've been blessed with good genes and I can get in shape fast! I'm going for the same type of shape as in the photo but with much more bulk/mass! I would really like to keep the flat stomach but I think that will be lost in the transition. Does anyone know if it's possible to keep a flat stomach while keeping up your bulk? I started proper training this week and right now I'm working on my arms chest and traps! bigbwii

Of course it's possible to keep your belly falt and the abs visible while bulking. Just watch the food quality and total energy intake. Muscles grow from stimulus (=heavy weight) if the energy and protein requirements are met. It's no use to exceed them by much. Most people tend to exceed in order not to risk a deficiency. I rather keep in shape all year. It's a decision you have to take It's probably easier to bulk when you're not watching your abs, but you'll lose part of those muscles when you cut the extra fat again.

If it's true what you say (i mean, if you're not undervalueing your previous training) you are really blessed with your genes

I don't think you need to get fat while bulking.

Right now I just look like someone that is eating a lot!! (I love to eat)next week will be my second week of training to my full potential since going vegan, I'm aiming at training once a week, I'm looking forward to seeing what nature gives me! Bigbwii.