do you have any idea how i can do dips and pullups without special equipment? otherwise i would buy myself a used device or something like that.

I got a pullup bar that installs in a doorway at a local sporting goods store for about $15 US. If you have a playground nearby with monkey bars, you might be able to do dips at the end of the bars

• Replies 190
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

thanks will

today i had the following

1 banana

1/2 flapjack bar

1 litre box of multivitamin juice

2 bottles of malt beer

1 huge vegan döner made out of tofu stripes, onions, salad, vegan margarine and ketchup

not that much, damn!

no training today because of bad school stress and a still soaring chest

but tomorrow i'll have an awesome workout!

today i had:

5 clementines

1 litre of multivitamin juice

1 flapjack

1 vegan döner with tofu, onions, salad and ketchup

1 enormous vegan döner with vegan sausages (rich in protein, yay!) onions, salad and ketchup.

2 bottles of malt beer

must be around ~ 2400 kcal

not that bad but my long-term goal is to eat about 3000kcal a day

well,

there are no small flatbreads or pieces of it available so i have to eat them within 2 days and that results in eating döners all day

today i'll have something else )vegan sausages and spaghetti with salad) but i'll buy another flatbread for school tomorrow

malt beer has lots of calories and tastes yummy!

workout for today:

warmup: 50 pushups (hehe, my chest still sores from the workout 3 days ago)

Barbell Military Press (this is the same as overhead press, isn't it?)9,5x8x3, 12x8x2

Deadlifts 17x8x2, 19,5x8x1

i wasn't able to do one single pull-up (i now have a bar to put in between doors like willpeavy suggested) how can i improve my strength so that i am able to do them? that's kinda frustrating...

workout for today:

warmup: 50 pushups (hehe, my chest still sores from the workout 3 days ago)

Barbell Military Press (this is the same as overhead press, isn't it?)9,5x8x3, 12x8x2

Deadlifts 17x8x2, 19,5x8x1

i wasn't able to do one single pull-up (i now have a bar to put in between doors like willpeavy suggested) how can i improve my strength so that i am able to do them? that's kinda frustrating...

I don't know how to improve, but keep trying. I could do only 1 pull up some weeks ago. Now I can do 50 within one session, but only max. 5 reps in a row.

I don't know how to improve, but keep trying. I could do only 1 pull up some weeks ago. Now I can do 50 within one session, but only max. 5 reps in a row.

Nobbi, that's a contradiction in itself!

Some weeks ago only one, and now several sets of 5! Good job

Lelle, start with trying chin ups (palms towards your face), that's a bit easier. Just keep trying. In the beginning, you can place a chair behind you and help yourself up with your feet, then do a negative rep (= try to lower yourself as slowly as possible).

warmup: 40 pushups

dumbbell l bench press: 9x8x3 9x8x2 (accidentally startet with 9kg so i continued with that weight, everything went fine)

barbell bent over row 8x8x3; 8x8x2 (damn! i don't think i get my back straight altough i try hard)

squats 17x8x3 (went fine, no "stars" this time ) should i do more repetitions or are they alright?

crunches: 10 -> ouch i did them haaaard

stretching + another 20 pushups

so my new personal best in one day are 60, yay!

any comments are welcome, thanks!

alright, no training yet but today the following passed my throat

1 flapjack bar banana

1 box of multivitamin juice (1 litre)

2 bottles of malt beer

1 serving of pasta (whole-meal) with tomatoe sauce and tofu stripes and corn

1 another serving of pasta with....blablabla with bla....

some peanuts (the bag said "could contain traces of nuts )

2 oranges

still hope my wrist will be okay soon, skipping workouts sucks damn hard!

• 2 weeks later...
thanks nobbi!

my nutrition, well....it is a little bit better now, but stillt not enough calories and protein. have to concentrate more on my eating-exercises

Don't forget to concentrate also on your training. EAT IRON! I was focusing on my nutrition for a while too intensive, but lost my motivation for training and gained too much fat. Now, I am back to my old eating habits, which works best for me and I will increase the intensity of my workout sessions again. I will send you some 'embarrissing' pics of myself. You are not the only one with body 'problems'.