Keep me on track guys! My gym/food log

I think it's time for me to start one of these.

Ever since I moved to Corvallis, I've had a REALLY hard time keeping a consistent gym schedule.

To give you an idea of my life before returning to school -

I used to work 12pm-9pm shifts, so I would get off work, go straight to the gym, come home around 11pm, in bed at midnight, up at 8am, straight to the gym, home by 10am, then off to work at noon.

That was 4days a week, and lifting with a trainer twice a week- and I was pretty buff, and the happiest I've ever been with my body.

Lucky for me I didn't need a social life because I was recuperating from a nasty break up and didn't want one, and I didn't have homework

NOW - I'm in school everyday but Tuesday, I work 6 days a week, and I have mountains of homework.

I've put on close to 15lbs since I've been down here (I'm about 6ft tall by the way).

Anyways, so with my birthday coming up I'm starting to get really upset with myself for not being in as good as shape as I was on my birthday last year (not to brag, but I looked smoking hot going out that night. Seriously. )

I keep trying to get a specific gym routine set, get a schedule going, and it's just not working. I'm hoping by starting this I'll feel accountable to you guys and be better about it!!!

Which means, if you guys don't see me posting my workouts on here, HARASS ME!!!! If you love me at all, please please harass me about it

Ok, that's all for now, I'm actually on my way off to work now, but I hope to go for a run after work or something, as I know it'll help me relax. I will post again!

Thanks for you support, love to all!

maybe a good thing to do would be on a Sunday to write out what you intend to do each day in the following week. Specfically what you will do Monday; what exercises, reps etc. Same for tuesday, wednesday etc. Then each day you will have a goal, and it might be easier to work to it, rather than each day waking up and be like 'Okay I really should do... something... we'll see how it goes". If you wake up, look at a bit of paper you wrote on which says "Monday: Biceps and Back motherfucker, otherwise you're a slacker" then you are more likely to do it I think.

Yes, having a detailed plan helps.

Also, be realistic. It's not possible to work out as much as back then, you have to adjust your training plan to that. Weight training does not need to be very often nor very long, if it's clever planned.

AND PLEASE, keep posting your workout here! I really don't want to harass you

If you don't post your workouts regularly, YOU are responsible when I have to harass you, which makes me feel real bad I don't like to be mean and have a bad conscience when i was.

Which means, if you guys don't see me posting my workouts on here, HARASS ME!!!! If you love me at all, please please harass me about it

Good news! I found a workout buddy!

I can't work out with Rob and Topher, at least not regularly, because I go to a different gym (on campus is free for me, I'd have to pay to go to theirs and I have no $)

BUT I found a girl from school who's willing to commit to the type of schedule I need!

We went and did a cardio workout after work tonight, it was awesome and now I'm going to sleep fabulously.

Then, up at 5am, meet her at the gym at 6, get in a workout, and off to class at 8am (we have our first class together so it works out perfectly)

Anyway - right now I'm thinking during the school week we'll be doing cardio 3 days, and lifting twice. I haven't figured out what to do on the weekends yet because my schedule is so unpredictable and the gym has shortened hours. Plus, like this weekend Dave is coming down to visit and so my time will be devoted elsewhere, I'm not sure when to fit the work out in on top of everything else. I will work on a solution

That's great. I have had workout partners in the past.. it just never seems to work out for me. I do need a 'counter' though when I am seriously training reps for bench.

Yeah, it's only good if they're not flaky! I'm psyched about this one though. She's really enthusiastic, and she's a perfect match for me because she's really good about getting to the gym but needs someone to push her once she's there, whereas I'm lazy about getting there but I work my tail off once I go. We balance!

We got start at 6:10am this morning and did some lifting. It was crowded and she doesn't know her way around the weight room, so it wasn't as dedicated a session as I would like, but for a first morning I think it went well. I will post specific lifts/weights/reps later, but now I'm off to work! Boo on work:cry:

I didn't go to the gym this weekend, just like I was afraid of. I kept trying to plan times I could go, but I had homework that I HAD to work on, and then with boy being here it made me even busier, and then work on top of that. No good.

But, today I'm back to a normal schedule. I was too exhausted from the weekend to workout at 6am this morning, but I'm bringing everything with me and I'm going straight to the gym after class.

I lifted last week and I was sooooo sore for a couple days....it felt really good

I didn't go to the gym this weekend, just like I was afraid of. I kept trying to plan times I could go, but I had homework that I HAD to work on, and then with boy being here it made me even busier, and then work on top of that. No good.

But, today I'm back to a normal schedule. I was too exhausted from the weekend to workout at 6am this morning, but I'm bringing everything with me and I'm going straight to the gym after class.

I lifted last week and I was sooooo sore for a couple days....it felt really good

Luv that feeling!

I keep staying up too late and sleeping through my 5am alarm! I wish I could sleep later but it looks like the only time to get a good workout in is EARLY in the morning....if I wait, I have no time!

SO - Robert and Topher have agreed to get me out of bed. I slept too late this morning so Robert woke me up before he left, which was at 7:15am...that's not TOO late, I've managed to be pretty productive so far today.

Tomorrow though - Topher promised to make sure I'm out of bed at 5am, and he said he can be a real a**hole about it, so I'm sure it'll work!!!

Tomorrow though - Topher promised to make sure I'm out of bed at 5am, and he said he can be a real a**hole about it, so I'm sure it'll work!!!

Our Topher? Pennsylvania Topher, the guy that arrived on your doorstep last week? The guy who sleeps through dogs licking his face? Sleeps anywhere any time Topher?

Maybe you better set your alarm just in case.

Topher should be able to get you up if he's still on East Coast time

I don't know.

I've seen Topher sleep through a full-on makeout session with a dog, followed by three guys in his room taking pictures of him sleeping.

I've seen him sleep in a sheep pasture, on a train, in a car, in a room full of noisy people. Topher can sleep anywhere!

I've seen Topher sleep through a full-on makeout session with a dog, followed by three guys in his room taking pictures of him sleeping.

I've seen him sleep in a sheep pasture, on a train, in a car, in a room full of noisy people. Topher can sleep anywhere!

Topher seems to know how to get big

Eat, sleep and grow

Oh, and workout of course

• 2 weeks later...

You're getting lazy!

Instead of taking pictures of other bodybuilders you should work out hard and post it here!

Don't you dare think for a moment that you escape my watchful eyes!

Now MOVE!

My schedule is SO sporatic!

I made it to the gym yesterday, but not today

Tomorrow I plan to go in the afternoon, and do a cardio workout. I will post and confirm that I went, promise!

I've been doing lots of squats lately, trying to strengthen my legs....I think it's helping.

• 2 weeks later...

No My schedule has been all over the place so I haven't been able to make it to the gym often, and my knee has been really unstable lately...I'm not sure what's going on with it, but even doing the elliptical machine has been difficult as of late.

Nonetheless, I intend to proceed. I WILL be running shortly. Winter break will help! I'll have more free time for the gym. Can't wait...........

Totally awesome cardio session today.

Need to hunt down weight room #2 at the gym. It's semi-secret and supposedly never busy.....and since the meatheads in the weight room are one of the things I hate about lifting at the school gym, I think finding weight room #2 would be quite beneficial to me.

Tomorrow's goal: find the other weight room!