Body height: 185 cm

Weight: 90 kg

Strength Training since: 1994

Starting Weight: 67 kg

Vegetarian since: 1995

Vegan since: 2004

Other Interests: Yoga

Girlfriend: Anke (29 Years old)

Children: 1 daughter Marla (4 Month old)

Profession: Sports Scientist at the University

I started being Vegetarian in 1995 for health reasons being influenced by the BSE-Drama. In 2000 my intake of animal food (dairy products) declined rapidly and since 2001 the only source of animal food was bread, honey and when my mother-in-law put some cream into dressings.

Inspite of being vegetarian herself my girlfriend does not agree with my way of eating. For her I am just too extrem. I did not manage to take her with me on my way of really acting responsible.

When I started strength training i was really skinny. After a few years and a lot of eating I gained about 13 kg. As long as I was eating dairy products I never managed to reach 85 kg. Since 2002 when I ate nearly no dairy products anymore I gained another 10 kg and became much stronger. Since I am vegan I lost some weight but became even stronger in the same time. My favority exercises are: dumbbell bench-press (45 kg each side), squats (140 kg) and dumbbell biceps curls (24 kg each side).

Since my daughter is born I only train 2 times a week for 1,5 hours with a plan spilt into two different days. I still manage to gain power and being stronger than many heavier athletes in my studio.

Besides strength training I try to do yoga as often as possible. Here I emphasize on meditation and doing the Asanas very slowly. Yoga for me is a way of living more than another kind of sport.

I hope it was interesting for you to read something about me...

See you soon here in the forum!

It is great that vegan Athletes from all the world can meat here!

David

Hi David, welcome to the board!

We have many things in common

We were born the same year, we both live in Germany and we both have the same height

What university do you work at?

Great that the forum community is increasing steadily, with vegan athletes such as you joining!

CU,

love and peace,

Daywalker

Hey David,

I'm happy to see you on the forum. David and I have been in touch for a while now, so I'm pleased to see him joined our group.

We have more and more German Vegans all the time

Thanks for introducing yourself to our AWESOME VEGAN FITNESS TEAM!

I'll catch you later, I'm off to bed now.

-Robert

David,

You should post that really cute photo of your daughter with the big blue eyes! The one you sent me a while back. It is such a CUTE photo!

Thanks again for joining up with our forum and for getting the Vegan Bodybuilding t-shirts and for following the site for a long time.

Take care,

-Robert

@everyone who welcomed me: Thank you very much! I already feel very much at home here! but away: Is there anybody else here having his/her own family?

@Ronnie: Yes "flanders" refers to ned flanders. Many of my friends call me neddy or flanders because of my lifestyle (having a regular job, living together with my girlfreind and daughter, not consuming drugs etc.).

@veggymeggy: Thank you very much!

@Robert: Here we go...

http://www.ruhr-uni-bochum.de/groups/sportlz9/spomed/david/starter.jpg

Hi Flanders,

awww, you're girl is SO cute!

@everyone who welcomed me: Thank you very much! I already feel very much at home here!

Yes, that happens fast here, with all the nice vegan folk

@Ronnie: Yes "flanders" refers to ned flanders. Many of my friends call me neddy or flanders because of my lifestyle (having a regular job, living together with my girlfreind and daughter, not consuming drugs etc.).

Ned Flanders is way cool!

Especially when he takes of his shirt, he shocks everybody

I love the Simpsons, Apu is one of my favorite characters

There are no miracles, just training.

Sic!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Marla is also very interested in what the "vegan-bodybuilding-family" is doing! Kids are the greatest thing in the world! She looks as if she understands every single word, does`nt she?

http://134.147.64.11/spomed/david/Marla1.jpg

http://134.147.64.11/spomed/david/Marla2.jpg