Eating Clean, Training Hard, Loving Life!

Create and maintain your own personal online journal. Log your meals and/or workouts, and monitor your progress. Hold yourself accountable and receive support, suggestions, and be open to feedback.

Moderators: Mini Forklift Ⓥ, C.O., Richard, robert, SyrLinus

Lindsay76
Rabbit

#46 Postby Lindsay76 » Tue Aug 14, 2007 3:37 pm

AM: Coffee with soy creamer

20 min circuit - woodchop, pushup to side plank, mountain climbers - ouch!!

45 min spin - BFL intervals

40 min Astanga short form

7:45 smoothie and watermelon

11am grapefruit

1:15 salad

bunnylalu
Manatee

Re: 08.14.07

#47 Postby bunnylalu » Tue Aug 14, 2007 6:12 pm

Lindsay76 wrote:AM: 20 min circuit - woodchop, pushup to side plank, mountain climbers - ouch!!45 min spin - BFL intervals40 min Astanga short form
Nice workout!
COMPASSION FOR ALL

Lindsay76
Rabbit

#48 Postby Lindsay76 » Wed Aug 15, 2007 5:32 pm

Thanks Bunny - it was!!
Day off today . . . much needed - a chosen day off - not a forced one.
Went to bed late last night and I just felt my body needed the extra rest.

AM: modified smoothie - no almond milk or hemp protein - added 2 tsp PB

9am: tangelo

11am: watermelon

1:30 pm 1/2 salad

3:00pm 1/2 salad, carrots/hummus

Lindsay76
Rabbit

08.16.07 NEW SHOES

#49 Postby Lindsay76 » Thu Aug 16, 2007 10:39 am

Broke in new running shoes today - got a cushion model to help with impact on joints

AM: coffee w/ soy creamer and stevia

21 min intervals 2min spin sprint, shoulder press, 2 min spin sprint, bi curl x4 sets

10 min steady spin
30min jog outside - right foot has been going to "sleep" and old pain in ball of foot between toes seems to be starting . . .
Ashtanga short form

1 shot Joule

Smoothie - w/ one scoop Hemp

Clever Name
Rabbit

#50 Postby Clever Name » Thu Aug 16, 2007 1:20 pm

Lindsay,

Your workouts are so varied! How much of that is by design (i.e. to keep the body guessing), and how much is because of the joint/foot difficulties?

I'm always curious to see if I'm progressing in strength, and therefore keep my workout the same for a few weeks, but I wonder if this is cutting off my nose to spite my face--i.e., maybe the lower variety prevents strength/size gains.

Your foods sound so delicious! So do you consider milks, powders, & PB to be OK exceptions to the avoidance of processed foods?

And finally, how is Bo doing? I've been keeping the two of you in mind when I send out my prayers to whoever listens...

Happy Thursday (and feel free to lecture me about the foods!),
Beth
Knowing is not enough; we must apply. Willing is not enough; we must do. - Bruce Lee

Training/food log: viewtopic.php?t=7620

Please visit and comment--feedback appreciated!

Lindsay76
Rabbit

#51 Postby Lindsay76 » Fri Aug 17, 2007 4:45 pm

CleverName: I vary my workouts for time purposes, effieciency, boredom, to keep my body guessing . . . but, mostly because I have ADD!

AM:
40 min spin
Ashtanga short form

7:30 am smoothie

9:30 am grapefruit

12pm salad and lentils

2:30 carrots and hummus

Lindsay76
Rabbit

#52 Postby Lindsay76 » Fri Aug 17, 2007 9:20 pm

4p incline/hill walk with client 10 min

6:30pm spinach, Kabocha, veggies ... stirfry w/brown rice

BTW - not really logging dinners lately ... will get back on this . . .
Mainly steamed veggies .. . or big salad . . . always some sort of legume too. . .
Will start this again tomorrow.
May do a semi cleanse next week ... feeling like I need it ... all the yoga makes me want to feel "lighter. . ."

Lindsay76
Rabbit

#53 Postby Lindsay76 » Sun Aug 19, 2007 6:47 pm

Forgot to log yesterday:
AM: 30 min jog
20 min intervals: 2 min spin, DB bent over row, 2min spin, clap pushups on bench repeat 4x
Ashtanga short Form - David Swenson

My food is hilarious - very off my regualar eating habits

Meal one: Indian food
vegetable biryani, spinach and garbanzo beans, Rooti and an unbelivable Naan stuffed with potatos. . .

Meal Two: Kettle Korn

Meal Three: Kettle Korn

Yes - I was at a street fair!!!!!!!!!!!

Today Sunday August 19

AM: Starting Mysore Style Melanie Fawer DVD -
Primary up to Trianga Mukhaikapada Paschimottanasana.

Apple w/ PB

Brunch - all veggies ... salad and broccoli basically!

Will go for a walk in new MBT's tonight!!

Need to structure program more ...

Lindsay76
Rabbit

New Work Out Plan

#54 Postby Lindsay76 » Sun Aug 19, 2007 6:50 pm

I feel really motivated to get back into Ashtanga yoga again - but, I fear that without my cardio and lifting - I will gain body fat.

So .. . this is what I am thinking

AM: 45 - 60 min cardio

Lunch 20 - 30 min weights - one body part per day - with emphasis on core

PM: 60 min mysore practice with Melanie Fawer video or self led. Am going to stop in the sequence where I can't do the pose. This week I am stopping at : Trianga Mukhaikapada Paschimottanasana
Probably could go to Navasana - but, am going to stay here to try to be authentic and get the most out of practice

Lindsay76
Rabbit

Baby Cleanse this week

#55 Postby Lindsay76 » Sun Aug 19, 2007 6:53 pm

I have a sampler pack of many of the wholefood farmacy products.

I am going to mix and match them for a baby cleanse - see how long I can go on JUST these foods.

Will be doing the farinas (liquid cleanse meals), phi plus, soups, veggielicious, fruitalicious and corn a plenty.

I will log each day how much and what I consume.

I am doing this to prep for at least a 13 day liquithon in October.

Clever Name
Rabbit

#56 Postby Clever Name » Mon Aug 20, 2007 12:37 pm

Good God, woman, you are hard-core!

It's refreshing to see that "EVEN LINDSAY" has a "hilarious" food day once in a while. :lol:

Now, it does happen occasionally (OK...often) that I see exercises here whose names I may have heard but don't know what they are (e.g. Ashtanga--know it's a type of yoga...may look it up, but not too high on my priority list), but so far, you're the first to post exercises I had to read through slowly to be able to pronounce (and probably not correctly, at that)!

Do you usually work out twice a day? I know you're planning on 3x/day soon & a total of up to 2.5 hours a day! Would that be every day of the week? How will you guard against overtraining?

Now, the liquithon...is that essentially a liquid fast? (Sorry if this question is dumb...my exercise and nutrition knowledge is pretty mainstream.)

Looking forward to seeing your progress!
Knowing is not enough; we must apply. Willing is not enough; we must do. - Bruce Lee

Training/food log: viewtopic.php?t=7620

Please visit and comment--feedback appreciated!

Lindsay76
Rabbit

For Clever name!

#57 Postby Lindsay76 » Mon Aug 20, 2007 12:52 pm

HA!! I had to copy and paste the name of that pose!!! I don't think I could even begin to utter it.

Yes - I try to move at least twice a day . . . the big workout is always in the am. I own a recording studio that has me on my boodie from 8 to 5pm . . . and I personal train clients after 5pm . . . but, I have to move during my day or I go crazy. . .

Don't know if the three times a day is going to fly - might just have to squeeze the weights in on the am workout - but, I really want to start focusing on the ashtanga again. It is an amazing series of yoga postures - very athletic and challenging. Whole sequence takes 90 min . . . and you sweat from head to toe. Check out ayri.com or ashtanga.com. FYI - it is the yoga madonna, gwenyth, sting and so much of Hollywood does!!

the liquithon is a liquid "fast". But, it's not really a fast as you are consuming farinas made of whole, raw food. I buy and sell products from wholefood farmacy - and the liquithon is one of their products.
I think you'd enjoy the info on their site: www.vegetabodies.wholefoodfarmacy.com - click on the liquithon and you'll see.
I'm just experiementing with the farinas and their other food products this week to see how they make me feel - I have never been able to discipline myself to a liquid cleanse before . . . This week I will be adding in other whole food farmacy foods and probably some fruit and raw veggies.

I have had two of the farinas so far today - the Elictrifi and the Frucitfi - both delicious - and filling!

Lindsay76
Rabbit

#58 Postby Lindsay76 » Tue Aug 21, 2007 11:15 am

Monday
AM: coffee
40 min spin w/ intervals
30 min speed walk in MBT shoes - love these!! Best purchase EVER!!

7:30am Joule
Electriphi Farina w/ berries, banana,green food powder, glutamine, one scoop hemp

10:30am Fructify Farina
1 tbsp Fruitalicious

12:30 Gloriphi Farina

1:30pm2 tbsp cornaborealis - YUMMMMY
2 tbspVeggieLicious

2:30 pm Ampliphi Farina

3L30 apple

4:30 beautiphi Farina

4:40 Ate rest of sample bags of veggielicious, fruitalicious and cornaborealis - YUUUUMMMMMM

5:30 1 big tbsp ofn Phi Plus Super Food

7pm one hour Ashtanga

8pm Clarify Farina
Sliced raw tomatos and one half avocado

9pm Detoxify Farina

Looking back on this day . . . I think I could really do the liquithon. Yes - I ate all of the little sample bags of the snack foods - but it was just additional veggies and fruits - I never felt hungry - which is amazing - I just eat out of boredom I think.

Rethinking workout plan - will just do am workout - cardio each am and core strength body weight exercise Tues, Thurs, SAt and continue with goal to work on Ashtanga each night - Sun - Friday.

Lindsay76
Rabbit

#59 Postby Lindsay76 » Tue Aug 21, 2007 10:54 pm

Previous entry was for Monday 08.20

Today 08.21.07
AM: coffee
30 min jog
30 min strength on core board - various lunges, push ups, rotations, bicep curls w/bands and pullups (6 sets pull, chin )

7:30 electriphi w/ berries, mangos and supps

9:30 fructiphi

11:30 gloriphi
12:15 phi plus

1:30 apple

1:40 ampliphi

3:30 beautiphi and phi plus

4:30 pm phi plus

6pm one hour ashtanga
40 min walk in MBTs

7pm clariphi

7:30pm 2 cups Wholefood farmacy "soup" one yam, one veggie

9pm detoxiphi plus extra psyllium

Well, very interesting. I was very bored with just drinking today- so I ate a lot of phi plus - too much at 4pm - felt a bit sluggish afterwards .. .
Don't know if I could do the full cleanse with out a partner - this is why I'm glad I gave it a trial period ... felt good though - but, I was eating solid food too.
I would have to really cut back on my workouts. . .
I didn't go food shopping this week - so I am going to do my best to scavenge for healthy meals the rest of the week.
Plan on cutting dreads off Saturday . . .

Lindsay76
Rabbit

#60 Postby Lindsay76 » Wed Aug 22, 2007 10:01 pm

AM: 2 cups yerba mate

8:30 Farmacy Pro Power, green food, glutamine, flax

10:30am apple, cashews, almonds

12pm - hill workout with client

1:30pm steamed cauliflower, spinach and peas with peanut sauce

3:30 tomatoes and 1/2 avocado

5:30pm one hour ashtanga

7pm baby carrots and 1 tbsp hummus

7: 30 pm Vegan Brat with sauteed onions, raw sauer craut
8pm Watermelon

I really missed my fresh fruits and veggies the last two days.
Not happy about the vegan brat - but, it was delicious!! And - although processed, I found the nutrition to be quite good - more protein in one food than I've had lately. Yummy and filling treat.
Had no groceries in the house, so went shopping at the worst time - drenched in sweat right after yoga . . . went quick - grabbed all the fruits and veggies that I could and then the brat just called my name. Then the craut . . . I'm from Milwaukee . . . what can I say??

Glad to be back to my regular eating habits.

THink next week I will switch yoga to am.

Return to “Online Training Journals & Blogs”