Vegan Bodybuilding & Fitness

Healthy Food Defines You
It is currently Wed Jul 30, 2014 10:39 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 25, 2007 11:55 am 
Manatee

pamela wrote:
I wasn't sure if you were "dieting" per se. :)

Yes, dieting in the sense that I want/need to lose weight and have tried McDougall, the Soy Zone, and keeping cals to 1600-1800 - but none of those diets were healthy for me. What I really want is to develop good eating habits and principles to last the rest of my life. I'm hoping Thrive is it - and I hope to get down to a good weight and stay there. I've been chubby all my life - so this will be a real accomplishment :o

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 26, 2007 4:12 pm 
Manatee

As of today I've lost a total of 6 pounds! Hooray! Plus I read on the cover of a woman's magazine at the grocery store checkout that women who are tired and overweight need more ENZYMES in their diet, and they can get it from RAW FOODS ..... surprise surprise :shock:

I'm going on vacation for a week, and will try to stay true to the Thrive Diet as much as possible, but I won't be posting on this forum until next Friday, Aug 3.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jul 28, 2007 4:27 pm 
Rabbit

Looks like you've been doing great so far with remaining consistent and that you've found a program that works well for YOU! And it's great that you have the self-discipline/time management to do your necessary food prepping. I'll keep checking in!

Beth

Training/food log: viewtopic.php?t=7620

Please visit and comment--feedback appreciated!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 06, 2007 11:37 am 
Manatee

Clever Name wrote:
Looks like you've been doing great so far with remaining consistent and that you've found a program that works well for YOU! And it's great that you have the self-discipline/time management to do your necessary food prepping. I'll keep checking in! Beth

Thanks Beth!

I am now officially back from my trip to Portland. The first 3 days of my vacation I had plenty of Thrive foods, but after that....darn those Portland vegan restaurants! I got to meet a bunch of VBF people at the VEGAN VACATION potluck Wednesday night - and on the Tour of Vegan Hotspots Thursday. it was SO COOL!! I totally love vegan bodybuilders!

Back on the Thrive Diet - and daily workouts. Tomorrow I meet with a new fitness trainer - hopefully my Tuesday meetings with her will help me be more consistent with my strength training.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 06, 2007 11:42 am 
Manatee

b]DATE:[/b] 8/6
Thrive Diet Food: Peach smoothie, blackberry Pancake, Yam chips, apple, energy balls, salad w/ sprouted lentils
Extras: tofu sandwich, 5 uncle eddie vegan choc chip cookies :oops:
ACTIVITIES: 2 mi doggie walk, 13 mi bicycle with hills (2 hills I had to walk up :roll: )

b]DATE:[/b] 8/7
Thrive Diet Food: apple banana nut cereal with hemp milk, energy bar, beet sunflower seed pizza, mango peach smoothie, yam chips,
Extras: mocha (with choc hemp milk), 1/4 oz dark chocolate
ACTIVITIES: My first personal training session: 4 sets in 15 minutes: 3 modified pull ups, 5 modified push ups, 12 squats, 15 situps.
SPECIAL NOTE: 26.8% body fat measured with a real electronic devise

Last edited by bunnylalu on Thu Aug 09, 2007 12:54 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 06, 2007 12:13 pm 
Rabbit

Welcome back from vacation and congrats on the weight loss!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 07, 2007 12:40 pm 
Rabbit

bunnylalu wrote:
darn those Portland vegan restaurants!

:roll: Even here in the not-as-vegan-friendly-as-Portland Phoenix area, it's hard to eat clean when there are so many taste temptations! I'm getting taken out to dinner in a couple of weeks to a vegan restaurant...chili fries, crab puffs, chicken parm, all those greasy comfort foods I'd never even eaten as a non-vegan are SO DAMN TASTY! So I empathize, AND I congratulate you for a "clean" 1st 3 days! Hope your training goes well.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 08, 2007 11:33 am 
Manatee

moxie wrote:
Welcome back from vacation and congrats on the weight loss!
Thanks Moxie!
Clever Name wrote:
it's hard to eat clean when there are so many taste temptations! SO DAMN TASTY! So I empathize, AND I congratulate you for a "clean" 1st 3 days!
Oops, congratulations came too soon as I ate a bunch of vegan choc chip cookies :oops: must be close to pms....

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 08, 2007 11:44 am 
Gorilla

It was great to meet you! I am glad you were able to join us on the tour and the potluck!

http://www.jessiloveslife.com

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 09, 2007 12:57 pm 
Manatee

DATE: 8/8
Thrive Diet Food: beet sunflower seed pizza with tomato, onion, & sprouts, peaches (they are ripe on my tree :D ) walnut burgers, salad, yam chips, almonds, watermelon, bell pepper, herbal tea
Extras: 1/2 iced mocha (choc hemp milk)
ACTIVITIES: 2 mi walk

DATE: 8/9
Thrive Diet Food: buckwheat pancakes with peaches
Extras: coffee
ACTIVITIES:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 09, 2007 1:01 pm 
Rabbit

Except for the beet in the pizza (I've never liked beets), all the food sounds delicious! Including, of course, the chocolate chip cookies... :wink:

How are you feeling?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 13, 2007 11:24 am 
Manatee

After the buckwheat pancakes on Thursday my day went AWOL and Friday, Saturday, & Sunday were crazy as well. Sometimes life happens too fast for me - and I just have to ride out the roller coaster. Unfortunately I didn't have any Thrive foods to snack on, or time to make anything.

Monday morning now, back on the path of good health!
Clever Name wrote:
Except for the beet in the pizza (I've never liked beets), all the food sounds delicious! Including, of course, the chocolate chip cookies... :wink: How are you feeling?
My husband hates beets and he loved this pizza. The Thrive Diet makes me feel better, more energy, more enthusiasm for life than any other thing I've tried. There is no limit on food - it is so rich in life energy that after a couple of days eating less food just happens. The days when I've skipped the energy bar and/or the smoothie - those are the days when I tend to snack in the evening on anti-Thrive foods (like the choc chip cookies).

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 13, 2007 12:34 pm 
Rabbit

bunnylalu, I admire the dedication it takes to prepare food. Mine is limited to chopping fruits and veggies, grinding flaxseeds in a coffee grinder, mixing ingredients for salad dresing, using a slow-cooker for beans, and using the microwave and toaster! Congratulations on your commitment to excellent health!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 14, 2007 6:24 pm 
Manatee

DATE:Monday 8/13
Thrive Diet Food: banana, energy bar, yellow squash with sesame yeast powder, zuchini pasta with tomato basil sauce, recovery pudding with apricots
Extras: coffee, toast w lemon sugar, subway sandwich
ACTIVITIES: nada

DATE: Tuesday 8/14
Thrive Diet Food: banana, buckwheat pancake, apricot rooibos smoothie, tomato, grapes, cucumber
Extras: coffee, Flax cereal, mucho gusto tofu tacos
ACTIVITIES: 1 hour fitness training: warm ups, kettle bell somethings, pushups, situps w/ medicine ball toss, small sprints, stretches.

Clever Name wrote:
bunnylalu, I admire the dedication it takes to prepare food. Mine is limited to chopping fruits and veggies, grinding flaxseeds in a coffee grinder, mixing ingredients for salad dresing, using a slow-cooker for beans, and using the microwave and toaster! Congratulations on your commitment to excellent health!
Thanks! The trick is to make plenty of leftovers that I can snack on during the day. If I don't have the good foods at hand, I tend to go for the naughty stuff. I've been so busy lately that I haven't had the time to make stuff - but tomorrow I'll be back to a nearly normal schedule :o Its harvest season here in Oregon - I've been picking peaches and grapes and trying to share the wealth with friends.... Oh, I got a pressure cooker for christmas last year and that has made a huge difference cooking beans.

Last edited by bunnylalu on Wed Aug 15, 2007 1:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 14, 2007 6:47 pm 
Rabbit

Sounds like your training is going well, and you food sounds delicious! I might have to buy that Thrive Diet book.