Vegan Bodybuilding & Fitness

Healthy Food Defines You
It is currently Mon Jul 28, 2014 5:54 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 46 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 10, 2007 11:31 am 
Manatee

couldn't skate last night - it was pouring once i got done with my chores.

today-
oatmeal, coffee, and a quart of OJ for breakfast.

fake chicken thing on whole wheat with mustard for morning snack

5C spaghetti w/ red curry and fried tofu for lunch.

3 cups of tea.

back in the gym tomorrow. supposedly one of the other developers is going to meet me there, so i'll have a partner! yay.

also, my wife is going to join, but she said she's going to do more aerobics than lifting, but that's ok. i'll feel so much better having her there.
it's probably shallow or something, but she gorgeous and so when i'm with her, i feel better about myself.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 10, 2007 2:40 pm 
Elephant

the Asocial Ape wrote:
fake chicken thing on whole wheat with mustard for morning snack

5C spaghetti w/ red curry and fried tofu for lunch.

also, my wife is going to join, but she said she's going to do more aerobics than lifting, but that's ok. i'll feel so much better having her there.
it's probably shallow or something, but she gorgeous and so when i'm with her, i feel better about myself.

Are you eating vegetables on your "fake chicken thing" sandwich? :wink:

Are there any vegetables in your curry/tofu dish? Maybe you could mix some nice kale or spinach in there?

Isn't it cool when you have someone who makes you feel better about yourself and you can both feed off of that?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 10, 2007 6:13 pm 
Manatee

pamela wrote:
Are you eating vegetables on your "fake chicken thing" sandwich?

mustard seeds are technically vegetables.

pamela wrote:
Are there any vegetables in your curry/tofu dish? Maybe you could mix some nice kale or spinach in there?

no. but that's a good idea. it's got so much sauce i'd never taste the vegetables.

pamela wrote:
Isn't it cool when you have someone who makes you feel better about yourself and you can both feed off of that?

god yes! i swear i'm an inch or two taller when i'm with her. i love her so!
(hopefully cindy will read this and i'll get husband points! (just kidding - i really do feel taller when we're together))

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Aug 11, 2007 4:06 pm 
Manatee

went to the gym today. it was good.
my workout was different than i planned previously. i'll post it later.

eta: i seem to have pulled a muscle in the side of my chest. oh joy. :|

food - oatmeal and 32oz OJ for breakfast

snack - pint of soy milk, builder bar, 1/2 C peanuts, 2 sweet pickles, 32 oz V8, 5oz bag of bbq chips. and a box of coconut water

dinner - 2 sloppy joes on whole wheat, box of frozen spinach, 6C salad w/ tomatoes and broccoli, ~3C unsweetened apple sauce

snack - sloppy joe on ww, and 2 large carrots.

Post subject: workout from yesterday
PostPosted: Sun Aug 12, 2007 8:39 am 
Manatee

my buddy said i had too many sets/reps on my combined workout. so to do one big exercise for chest, legs, and bis, on each of the two days, and for chest, to leave in the flys.

i read my chart wrong on squats, and where i meant to do 30lbs + the bar total, i put on 30 on each side, and so shot the weight higher this week. last week i was a little worried about remembering the form, and so was lowballing. that made me happy.

bench sucked though, b/c despite bumping it up, as i was only doing flat and not incline as well, i was doing it alone (my partner didn't show till much later), and i could push myself to failure, as i worried about dumping the weights or dropping it on my face. i've got to figure some way to overcome that.

for curls, i concentrated on form, and so was using less weight than i could have if i cheated, but i know that's better in the long run, even if it makes me feel like more of a punk.

i'll be back on wed with a similar workout.

i'm going skating this morning before it gets too hot.

the pulled muscle feels better today.

i'm ordering creatine today, and will begin taking that when it comes.

any suggestions on improving my workout, and especially dealing with the bench issue above, and getting good core exercise (bench, squat, deadlift, curl) sets would be most appreciated.

Post subject: from 08.13 (is the month already half over!?)
PostPosted: Mon Aug 13, 2007 5:50 am 
Manatee

morning -
sloppy joe on a hamburger
oatmeal
32oz OJ
32oz water
1/4C peanuts

before noon -
soyburger on WW w/ lettuce and tomato
1C peanuts
64oz water
banana

after noon -
5oz bbq chips
lemon blueberry muffin made by insanely good vegan chef, Pamela (http://pamelacooks.blogspot.com/)
24oz light beer

before bed -
2C red curry w/tofu over pasta

damn it! i know i ate more and better than that! i just don't remember what it was.

i skated my ass off for an hour, from 1015-1120. there was a lot of down hill on the way out (but that still takes work), but the way back was ALL uphill.

after that, i spent two hours mowing the yard. that counts as some kind of exercise. it has to.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 13, 2007 5:52 am 
Elephant

Mowing the lawn definitely counts as long as you're not on a riding lawn mower. :D

I want to see more vegetables in your food log! :evil:

Post subject: gym but no food
PostPosted: Wed Aug 15, 2007 6:40 pm 
Manatee

keeping a food log is hard. suffice it to say, i haven't been eating very well.
not enough veggies, too many chips, and not a big enough lunch. but i have stopped putting sugar in my oatmeal. oh. and i'm drinking too much.

i went to the gym this morning before work. it was good, but my chest still doesn't ache like it should, and my l. forearm hurts from straight bar curls.

my buddy, Joe, says he's going to start meeting me for workouts, and we're going to bump it up to 3*/week.

Post subject: Re: gym but no food
PostPosted: Thu Aug 16, 2007 2:01 pm 
Manatee

the Asocial Ape wrote:
keeping a food log is hard. my buddy, Joe, says he's going to start meeting me for workouts, and we're going to bump it up to 3*/week.
I agree about the food log - I try to keep a small notebook near the kitchen - but still....
Congrats on getting a friend to work out with!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 16, 2007 8:10 pm 
Manatee

thanks bunnylalu!
---
uh. i ate pretty well today - oatmeal, spaghetti, a head of broccoli, a couple pickles, this sort of shepherd's pie thing with mashed potatoes, lots of steamed veggies, and ground fake meat (call it 'feat'), with nootch, and soy marg. yummy.

could have used a few more cals, though.

i was going to buy a .5kg of creatine mono whatever (the vegan one), but can't spare the money until pay day.

i'm taking tomorrow off to help my DW and get this place finally moved in to. i'm going to go to the gym too, though. i'll get to see what sort of ppl can go to the gym at 1000 (besides state worker lard bricks like me)

i drank too much tonight, again. :|

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 17, 2007 9:38 am 
Elephant

Glad to see some broccoli in there! :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 17, 2007 12:28 pm 
Manatee

ok. i've got a chore list a mile long, so won't be back till monday.

so far i ate well today, and at the gym, i had my best workout yet. i added weight on nearly everything.

i'm beat, so am going to finish lunch, have a beer, shower, and take a nap. then i'm going to knock out some of the big items on my list.

skate tomorrow, then back at the gym on sunday.

pamela wrote:
Glad to see some broccoli in there! :D

heh! thanks, pamela.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 20, 2007 10:06 am 
Elephant

So how are things going for you? :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 20, 2007 10:32 am 
Manatee

pamela wrote:
So how are things going for you? :D

things are going well down here.

i took friday and today off work to get some stuff done that i haven't gotten to since cindy and i moved in.

i was busy, but it was good to get that stuff out of the way.

i went to the gym on friday and that was good. i go again tomorrow morning. i've settled on Tue, Thurs, Sat for my workouts.

once it cools off a little (~7PM) we're going to go skating which should be fun.

before i do that, though, i've got to weedeat the yard, and rake up some of the N years worth of leaves the last people let pile up in the yard. my wife is a great gardener, but there is so much debris in the yard that she can't get the plants in until i get the ground ready. also, we're hoping that clearing the ground will somehow reduce the mosquito population in the back yard.

hope you get the shoe situation worked out.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 20, 2007 6:25 pm 
Elephant

Sounds like you're good and active!

This whole active lifestyle thing is so new to me. I was a serious couch potato for like, my whole life. I feel so much better now that I'm doing stuff and being active.

How's your greens intake coming along? :P

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 46 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next