Moronic Government Officials

veganmadre

I'm ed. I complete home study and post placement reports for adoptive families. When a report must go to an international agency for an international adoption, they look for specific things in terms of nutrition. For China, the reports really must include that the child eats dairy and meat. Lots of additional paperwork and extensive medical exams would be necessary to even stand a CHANCE of being an vegan adoptive parent to a vegan child.

Heck, lets go beyond, China. Here in the United States, we have the WIC (womens, infants and children) program. This program provides needy families with basic food items for children under 5. Peanut Butter, Cereal, Beans, Juice, MILK, EGGS, and CHEESE! They have NO vegan substitutes for the bold items even though enriched soymilk is highly more nutritious!

WHAT THE FUCK???

I had heard that it was "on the table" to add soy alternatives to the WIC program for the lactose intolerant. In some states the public school system has already begun to offer soy milk and some offer a vegetarian choice to each lunch served.

We're not there yet but heading in the right direction, albeit slowly.

Here is what the arizona WIC office has to say about vegetarians!!!!!

Why should you be concerned about a vegetarian diet?

Any diet with restrictions should be evaluated to ensure proper nutrient intake. Vegetarian diets are not recommended for children.

Because most vegetarian diets lack animal foods, they also lack some important nutrients.

As Veganmadre said, "WHAT THE FUCK!"

http://www.co.mohave.az.us/WIC/Vegetarian.htm

I'm pretty sure some of these agencies are either funded or supported by the dairy and meat industries (like the pyramid was produced by the dairy industry). So it makes business sense that they are promoting garbage that helps their benefactors make money -- regardless of the fact that most diseases are caused from meat and dairy (heart attacks, cholesterol, Mad Cow Disease, salmonella to name just a few). This in turn helps pharmaceutical companies with their products.

These industries would go out of business if there weren't any brainwashed, afflicted masses buying their products. Also, if there wasn't a need for supervision of these industries, there would be no need for some agencies and they would definitely go out of business. Can you say greedy, unscrupulous business people ?

Gotta stop now before representatives for these agencies come to get me and/or make me need the ACLU.

The brainwashing thing is something I am dealing with right now. If ya'll don't know I am extremely Anti-McDonalds. What McDonald's did (fries thing) is personal. Yesterday was McDonald's day at school. A portion of the proceeds went to my daughter's school so they were advocating all the kids to tell their parents to take them to McDonalds. Lexes had a little McDonald's bookmark that I made her throw away. "You are not allowed to have anything that says McDonalds on it" On the drive home I talked to her about did she know why. "Because McDonald's is evil and they kill animals and sell them for people to eat." I'm still thinking about how to explain why that answer was wrong. We eat at other fast food places and restaurants that 'kill animals and sell them to people to eat' so why is McDonalds a special case. So I'm working on that lecture for her. I don't want my daughter brainwashed into believing stupid crap. I don't even know how much I can fight of it. Well that is why I have my blog huh. I don't know if I contributed to this conversation at all. That really sucks that vegans can't adopt from overseas when so many of those children need good loving homes. I also heard the thing about soy milk being provided by WIC. That's awful that they feel like well poor people can just eat crap because they can't afford to be choosy.