Our first workout together

Topher rolled into town around midnight last night. We hung out for a couple of hours, I slept 4 hours and then worked 8 and came back home. He had been up since fairly early in the morning, adjusting to the new time zone, so a bit short on sleep as well. Also considering he only slept about 3 hours per night as he made it all the way from Pennsylvania to Oregon in under 3 days.

After I got back, we kicked it for a bit, ate some food and then headed to the gym.

So we had our first training session together. We were both tired but gave good efforts and trained hard. It was a pretty quick workout, less than an hour and we trained back the whole time.

3 sets of wide grip pull-ups

3 sets of narrow grip pull-ups

3 sets of wide grip t-bar rows

3 sets of narrow grip t-bar row

4 sets of cable rows

4 sets of lat pull-downs

5-10 minutes posing under the bright lights

Then we headed off to Eugene (45 min away) to review the New trailer for Vegan Fitness Built Naturally. It looks awesome and I hope to get it up on the website for viewing soon. I'll also have DVDs of the trailer I'll send out to those who request it.

Anyway, even though both of us were not at 100% we gave good efforts, pushed each other and I think we'll both do really well training together.

We'll also get some photos soon. He's got an awesome physique!

-Thin Thin Training Him

In our second major workout I think Topher outlifted me. We trained chest and I started out ahead with weight and reps, but we both ended up pressing 100lb dumbbells in each hand. I got more reps, but after that, Topher took over and got more reps than me for Incline barbell press, and decline dumbbell press.

He's a pretty strong dude with lots of intensity.

Training is going to be sweet!

-Thin Thin Training Him

training with Rob is awesome. He's a lot stronger than he gives himself credit for, and I hope to push his mental limits so that he is achieving new PB's in no time.

not to mention his forearms are huge! hehe

aww thanks Lelle. rob indeed sent me your regards.

we hope to have some training pictures up sometime.

You two should make a TV show about being roommates, bodybuilders, and fighting crime.

its funny that you mentioned that...

I didnt move all the way across the country for nothing

::secret secret::

Whoa, how'd I get out of the loop on this one? I know no secret.....

Silly Topher

Topher and I have been training for over a week now. I think he has out-lifted me in nearly every workout, but we're very close in the amount of weight we use. I do higher reps with slightly lesser weights and he likes to lift heavy for low reps.

Topher is one strong dude, even his legs, which he has had trouble with. I thought for sure I'd totally out-lift him on leg day but he lifted more weight than me.

I got him on the last chest workout though, but to be fair, he was a bit sleepy. I woke him up to come to the gym with me

I lifted pretty heavy on chest yesterday, especially at 11 days before the contest, I was pleased to have that strength.

We'll start posting our workout details in a new thread soon.

Train Hard Eat Plenty