Bad pictures, but still pictures!

Tried to get some "action" photos today, but I had mis-set the camera a bit and all the shots my friend took came out blurry Oh well, here they are anyway...

http://www.veganessentials.com/images/1armCandPFinal.jpg

It was a pain to hold this one for a few shots since my shoulders were fried from yesterday, but it is a 1-arm barbell clean and press with 135 lbs. Probably the hardest to make out of the batch.

http://www.veganessentials.com/images/Log1Final.jpg

Just a light log lift photo with about 180 lbs.

http://www.veganessentials.com/images/Stone1Final.jpg

http://www.veganessentials.com/images/Stone2Final.jpg

Here's a few of myself hoisting the 260 lb. stone that now resides in my backyard. These were "fun" to take because I had to hold the stone against my chest for about 8-10 seconds on a few tries to make sure that my friend could get 2 shots on each attempt.

I'll figure out what went wrong with the camera tonight and get some better pics going this weekend!

Ryan

Ryan, you severely impress me with that one-arm barbell press! Amazing!! I don't know if i could even do that with the bar alone!

What's your max weight on that exercise? Do you train both arms? Are you evenly strong in both arms?

You're the strongest vegan i know. You really motivate me to start working more on my strength this winter.

I'm curios for more pics

Ryan,

You are a huge awesome dude! I tell people about you all the time. Years ago, you got me into the heavy lifting stuff and I was pretty strong for a while. I need to get back into that specific heavy lifting routine again.

Impressive shots, thanks for sharing them with us!

-Robert

Okay, so after my workout today i tried the one-arm clean and press! I was wrong, i easily could do it with the empty bar Didn't increase the weight, though, just wanted to get a feeling for the movement and see what it's like. I imagine it's pretty tough with weights each side, swinging around

Thanks to everyone for the feedback on the pics! We realized after taking them that with it being cloudy and dark that the shutter speed was set to be open for too long, so even the slightest movement would make things blurry. This weekend we'll be trying again, so we'll see what happens!

Daywalker - for the 1-arm clean and press, I've done 145 for a max single right handed and 4 reps with 135. For the left arm, I've done 135 for a single, but my left is tougher as my shoulder cocks inward making it harder to get the positioning correctly. For dumbbell work my shoulders are closer in strength, but for things like this, the right definitely has more power.

Robert - I'm definitely working harder at going for getting bigger and stronger than before! If I'm going to compete more next year and hold my own I've got to add about 5-10 lbs. more weight on my frame and get a lot more strength under my belt, but that's in the works as we speak Glad that you enjoyed the shots!

Richard - Glad that the pics were a bit motivating! I'm always happy to see when other people post shots as well because it make me try even harder, too. I'll try to get more up after the weekend as well!

Ryan

WOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I know your used to hearing it but your a bigbwii and your Vegan, you give me hope! do you do some kind of sport? I want to get big but I don want that bodybuilder look I my body to be raw and functional meaning I want my size to match my strength, I really hate it when people are huge but have no strength, thanks for sharing, Bigbwii

WOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I know your used to hearing it but your a bigbwii and your Vegan, you give me hope! do you do some kind of sport? I want to get big but I don want that bodybuilder look I my body to be raw and functional meaning I want my size to match my strength, I really hate it when people are huge but have no strength, thanks for sharing, Bigbwii

CollegeB, those are 45 lb. plates on there. I've done it with a pair of 5s added as well, but there was no way that much weight would have gone up for the photos since my shoulders were already fried. Didn't help that I held the position for about 15 seconds to try and allow for 3 pics to be taken, almost dropping the bar on my head in the process!

Bigbwii - I actually have never done any sport other than skateboarding, which certainly didn't help me to build any muscle for the 13 years that I did it. I've always been pretty big, though primarily from fat for most of my life, and as I wrote in another thread, I weighed over 200 lbs. from age 13 or so until I was about 23 and started lifting (originally just to lose fat). However, I weigh about 30 lbs. more than at my heaviest while lifting during the non-vegan days where I ate like mad and took every supplement under the sun. I think it's great that you want to get a build that's functional - from your pics you've obviously got a great start with a solid physique, so just work those compound lifts, eat like there's no tomorrow, get plenty of rest and it'll all come in time. As long as you're not afraid of putting a bit of fat on in the process (trust me, I've got my share under all that clothing!) you'll definitely go far with some hard and heavy training. As I found out after many years of training, if you don't have the confidence in yourself and won't go the extra mile to push harder than ever you'll only get so far, but once you give more than you thought possible you'll get what you've been after!

VE, Thanks for your advice I'm pretty much on that path right now, this is the first time I've ever started this bulking up process and although I love it I'm kinda embarrassed about being much "fatter" than normal but I guess that comes with the job! Your right about having to be confident in your self to gain size! my take on it is that I have to push my body to do what it has never done before to get to where I want to be! Thanks, Bigbwii