Eating Clean, Training Hard, Loving Life!

CleverName: I vary my workouts for time purposes, effieciency, boredom, to keep my body guessing . . . but, mostly because I have ADD!

AM:

40 min spin

Ashtanga short form

7:30 am smoothie

9:30 am grapefruit

12pm salad and lentils

2:30 carrots and hummus

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

4p incline/hill walk with client 10 min

6:30pm spinach, Kabocha, veggies ... stirfry w/brown rice

BTW - not really logging dinners lately ... will get back on this . . .

Mainly steamed veggies .. . or big salad . . . always some sort of legume too. . .

Will start this again tomorrow.

May do a semi cleanse next week ... feeling like I need it ... all the yoga makes me want to feel "lighter. . ."

Forgot to log yesterday:

AM: 30 min jog

20 min intervals: 2 min spin, DB bent over row, 2min spin, clap pushups on bench repeat 4x

Ashtanga short Form - David Swenson

My food is hilarious - very off my regualar eating habits

Meal one: Indian food

vegetable biryani, spinach and garbanzo beans, Rooti and an unbelivable Naan stuffed with potatos. . .

Meal Two: Kettle Korn

Meal Three: Kettle Korn

Yes - I was at a street fair!!!!!!!!!!!

Today Sunday August 19

AM: Starting Mysore Style Melanie Fawer DVD -

Primary up to Trianga Mukhaikapada Paschimottanasana.

Apple w/ PB

Brunch - all veggies ... salad and broccoli basically!

Will go for a walk in new MBT's tonight!!

Need to structure program more ...

I feel really motivated to get back into Ashtanga yoga again - but, I fear that without my cardio and lifting - I will gain body fat.

So .. . this is what I am thinking

AM: 45 - 60 min cardio

Lunch 20 - 30 min weights - one body part per day - with emphasis on core

PM: 60 min mysore practice with Melanie Fawer video or self led. Am going to stop in the sequence where I can't do the pose. This week I am stopping at : Trianga Mukhaikapada Paschimottanasana

Probably could go to Navasana - but, am going to stay here to try to be authentic and get the most out of practice

I have a sampler pack of many of the wholefood farmacy products.

I am going to mix and match them for a baby cleanse - see how long I can go on JUST these foods.

Will be doing the farinas (liquid cleanse meals), phi plus, soups, veggielicious, fruitalicious and corn a plenty.

I will log each day how much and what I consume.

I am doing this to prep for at least a 13 day liquithon in October.

Good God, woman, you are hard-core!

It's refreshing to see that "EVEN LINDSAY" has a "hilarious" food day once in a while.

Now, it does happen occasionally (OK...often) that I see exercises here whose names I may have heard but don't know what they are (e.g. Ashtanga--know it's a type of yoga...may look it up, but not too high on my priority list), but so far, you're the first to post exercises I had to read through slowly to be able to pronounce (and probably not correctly, at that)!

Do you usually work out twice a day? I know you're planning on 3x/day soon & a total of up to 2.5 hours a day! Would that be every day of the week? How will you guard against overtraining?

Now, the liquithon...is that essentially a liquid fast? (Sorry if this question is dumb...my exercise and nutrition knowledge is pretty mainstream.)

Looking forward to seeing your progress!

HA!! I had to copy and paste the name of that pose!!! I don't think I could even begin to utter it.

Yes - I try to move at least twice a day . . . the big workout is always in the am. I own a recording studio that has me on my boodie from 8 to 5pm . . . and I personal train clients after 5pm . . . but, I have to move during my day or I go crazy. . .

Don't know if the three times a day is going to fly - might just have to squeeze the weights in on the am workout - but, I really want to start focusing on the ashtanga again. It is an amazing series of yoga postures - very athletic and challenging. Whole sequence takes 90 min . . . and you sweat from head to toe. Check out ayri.com or ashtanga.com. FYI - it is the yoga madonna, gwenyth, sting and so much of Hollywood does!!

the liquithon is a liquid "fast". But, it's not really a fast as you are consuming farinas made of whole, raw food. I buy and sell products from wholefood farmacy - and the liquithon is one of their products.

I think you'd enjoy the info on their site: www.vegetabodies.wholefoodfarmacy.com - click on the liquithon and you'll see.

I'm just experiementing with the farinas and their other food products this week to see how they make me feel - I have never been able to discipline myself to a liquid cleanse before . . . This week I will be adding in other whole food farmacy foods and probably some fruit and raw veggies.

I have had two of the farinas so far today - the Elictrifi and the Frucitfi - both delicious - and filling!

Monday

AM: coffee

40 min spin w/ intervals

30 min speed walk in MBT shoes - love these!! Best purchase EVER!!

7:30am Joule

Electriphi Farina w/ berries, banana,green food powder, glutamine, one scoop hemp

10:30am Fructify Farina

1 tbsp Fruitalicious

12:30 Gloriphi Farina

1:30pm2 tbsp cornaborealis - YUMMMMY

2 tbspVeggieLicious

2:30 pm Ampliphi Farina

3L30 apple

4:30 beautiphi Farina

4:40 Ate rest of sample bags of veggielicious, fruitalicious and cornaborealis - YUUUUMMMMMM

5:30 1 big tbsp ofn Phi Plus Super Food

7pm one hour Ashtanga

8pm Clarify Farina

Sliced raw tomatos and one half avocado

9pm Detoxify Farina

Looking back on this day . . . I think I could really do the liquithon. Yes - I ate all of the little sample bags of the snack foods - but it was just additional veggies and fruits - I never felt hungry - which is amazing - I just eat out of boredom I think.

Rethinking workout plan - will just do am workout - cardio each am and core strength body weight exercise Tues, Thurs, SAt and continue with goal to work on Ashtanga each night - Sun - Friday.

Previous entry was for Monday 08.20

Today 08.21.07

AM: coffee

30 min jog

30 min strength on core board - various lunges, push ups, rotations, bicep curls w/bands and pullups (6 sets pull, chin )

7:30 electriphi w/ berries, mangos and supps

9:30 fructiphi

11:30 gloriphi

12:15 phi plus

1:30 apple

1:40 ampliphi

3:30 beautiphi and phi plus

4:30 pm phi plus

6pm one hour ashtanga

40 min walk in MBTs

7pm clariphi

7:30pm 2 cups Wholefood farmacy "soup" one yam, one veggie

9pm detoxiphi plus extra psyllium

Well, very interesting. I was very bored with just drinking today- so I ate a lot of phi plus - too much at 4pm - felt a bit sluggish afterwards .. .

Don't know if I could do the full cleanse with out a partner - this is why I'm glad I gave it a trial period ... felt good though - but, I was eating solid food too.

I would have to really cut back on my workouts. . .

I didn't go food shopping this week - so I am going to do my best to scavenge for healthy meals the rest of the week.

Plan on cutting dreads off Saturday . . .

AM: 2 cups yerba mate

8:30 Farmacy Pro Power, green food, glutamine, flax

10:30am apple, cashews, almonds

12pm - hill workout with client

1:30pm steamed cauliflower, spinach and peas with peanut sauce

3:30 tomatoes and 1/2 avocado

5:30pm one hour ashtanga

7pm baby carrots and 1 tbsp hummus

7: 30 pm Vegan Brat with sauteed onions, raw sauer craut

8pm Watermelon

I really missed my fresh fruits and veggies the last two days.

Not happy about the vegan brat - but, it was delicious!! And - although processed, I found the nutrition to be quite good - more protein in one food than I've had lately. Yummy and filling treat.

Had no groceries in the house, so went shopping at the worst time - drenched in sweat right after yoga . . . went quick - grabbed all the fruits and veggies that I could and then the brat just called my name. Then the craut . . . I'm from Milwaukee . . . what can I say??

Glad to be back to my regular eating habits.

THink next week I will switch yoga to am.

Not sleeping well. Woke up at 1am again - stayed up until after 3am.

Knees sore again ... and shin splints? Is my running life over . . . plyo done??? NOOOOOOOO!!

AM: Coffee

30 min upper and lower body plyo drills circuit

35 min spin

7:30am smoothie - berries, banana and supps

12:30 steamed veggies and peanut sauce

3pm: cucumber, red pepper and avocado

5:30 one hour ashtanga

6:45 vegan brat, sauer KRaut, onions

watermelon

Just wanted to let you know...when I said goodbye to my doggies yesterday as I left for work, I called the littlest one "My little bratwurst!"

Perhaps some unintended inspiration from you...

I'm sorry to hear about your knee/shin troubles. It really sucks to have to rethink whether you can train the way you want to...especially when it works well!

I hope we all sleep better tonight...so far, crappy sleep has been reported by you, me, my husband, and my best female friend...

AM: 30 min jog (shin splints too . . . what the heck??)

40 min Ashtanga short form

7:45 am smoothie

1p: indian veggies and rice

5:30 pm 1/2 hour walk in MBTS

7:30pm grilled asparagus and tomato and beet salad

Not really eating how I like this week - and I feel it. Joints are hurting and glands are swollen - throat is sore . . . Looking forward to getting back on track. Will prep all meals on Sunday - no more take out and eating out!!

Clever - truer words never spoken . . .

Added on two more ashtanga postes - janu A and B - think I will actually go through D tomorrow and for the rest of the week.

10:20am nectarine

1pm: big raw salad with beans and guacamole

6pm: artichoke, sweet pots, egg plant and marinara

One piece herbed bread w/ olive oil and garlic

AM: Coffee

One hour ashtanga up to Janu B

20 min walk in MBT

7:30 smoothie

9:30am grapefruit

11:30 am watermelon

1:30pm salad w/ beans and avocado

3:30 baby carrots and hummus

5:30 15 min bike intervals w/ client

7:pm Chest/Back

7:30 THE LAST vegan brat, Kraut, steamed brussels sprouts

9pm grapes

Going to take a break from posting everyday . . .

Will be focusing on the ashtanga primary series for a while - I really want to progress in this series and weights and cardio impede my progress . . . just tightens up everything the ashtanga loosens up!!

It will be a bit of an experiment with my physique as well - see if I can maintain the BF I have worked hard for.

My food is so in line though . . . I think it will be an interesting experiment!!

Been doing the series 6 days a week - Sun - Fri as prescribed . . . and already have made huge progress!!

DAMN, you look different! It's hard to believe it's the same person...of course, that could be partly due to the glasses, clothes, and makeup...you went from health food store hippie chick to diva/vixen! Both are great.

I understand about the need to take a break from daily posting. I hope your experiment goes well.