Let's have an experiment!

Good afternoon,

So basically this entire time you've been telling my I now need 3100-3200 calories per day to maintain my fitness goals. Based on my recent experience, like the fact that I've been lifting the same weights for going on 3 months now, I think this shows I haven't gained a bit of strength.

So, tools I have at my disposal. I've got the body fat monitor, an accurate digital scale, and the calorie calculation program on my computer. Basically everything an analytical extremely specific person like me requires.

With all this, what say instead of doing the 2400-2600 calories per day I have been, why not try going for those higher numbers and seeing how things work out?

Certainly if the body fat starts climbing too much I will know, so what's the harm in trying to get more fit with these higher recommendations?

Basically I'm tired of not being toned at all, and I think it's likely because I don't have the proper amount of calories to maintain the muscle mass needed to do so.

In conclusion, let's have an experiment, I'll be the guinea pig. What have I got to lose?

Let's call it the College Vegan Nutrition Experiment, or if anyone wants to think of a better name, I'm all for it. It could be sort of a journal/blog type thing, with regular updates and whatnot.

I think muscle tone will depend on loads of factors. If you post up what you're doing and what you're eating, I am sure that someone who knows what time it is will be able to help you out more.

I think the experiment should be called one of the following:

Collidge Nutrish Expectormizzle 2005

Nutrizzle Experimizzow Fo Collizow Peopow

Callijulon Nutrimulon Expimulon

That one gets my vote

I'm so jealous of you guys that get to eat so much food.....I'm gonna keep working on my muscle mass maybe someday I'll get to eat a lot too! Right now I need to stay around 1800cal a day...that's not even half what some of you guys eat!

Stupid girlyness.

Anyway, good luck, I'm curious to see what your results are!!!

That one gets my vote

I'm so jealous of you guys that get to eat so much food.....I'm gonna keep working on my muscle mass maybe someday I'll get to eat a lot too! Right now I need to stay around 1800cal a day...that's not even half what some of you guys eat!

Stupid girlyness.

Anyway, good luck, I'm curious to see what your results are!!!

i dont gain weight even if i eat 4500cal a day

actually, that isnt something that i am happy about - i bloody wish that i did!

jonathan

Wow. I feel itty bitty now. I eat so much less... I'm pretty sure I do anyways. Most day's I don't have much. I was worried a little while ago that I had an eating disorder, but I don't think so anymore. But right now I feel sick so I'm going to have some soup, tea or something hot for my throat and for more calories... not like I want em though.