SUBWAY still eating here ... read

RAINRA

http://subway.com/subwayroot/MenuNutrition/Nutrition/frmUSIngredients.aspx

If friends and fam still eat there they should stop.

Look for the chicken ingredients. and search for *autolyzed yeast extract*

*MSG and Monosodium Glutamate - A Review of Present Regulations

Common or usual names of ingredients that often or always contain processed free glutamic acid (MSG) include "autolyzed yeast extract," "sodium caseinate," ...*

*partially hydrogenated soybean oil* = TRANSFAT

*modified food starch*= genetically made food (yeaup in a lab!)

These are just of some of the 100 ingredients in the food that we don't even know what they are ...

We basically eat chemicals for meals packed in the food!

and SUBWAY is the so called healthy one.

oh look at the veggies

BANANA PEPPERS Peppers, water, distilled vinegar, salt, calcium chloride, sodium benzoate (preservative), sodium metabisulfite (preservative), yellow #5, natural flavors, polysorbate 80.

CUCUMBERS Fresh ripe cucumbers

GREEN PEPPERS Fresh green bell peppers

JALAPEÑO PEPPER SLICES Jalapeno peppers, water, distilled vinegar, salt, natural flavorings, calcium chloride, sodium benzoate (preservative).

PICKLES Cucumbers, water, distilled vinegar, salt, calcium chloride, sodium benzoate as a preservative, natural flavors, Polysorbate 80 and Yellow #5.

LETTUCE Fresh iceberg variety

OLIVES Ripe olives, water, salt, ferrous gluconate

ONIONS Jumbo red onions

TOMATOES Fresh red ripe tomatoes

About 4-5 months ago when I went out to get Subway... I got a whole wheat f.l. veggie sandwich. Didnt get the veggie burgers they have because it has milk and eggs and cheese in it So I opted for just the veggies but a ton of them.

Duh I skipped the cheese and meats but with the same glove she used to make this ham sandwich for the kid before me she dug into the lettuce. I asked her if thats even sanitary whether someone is a veggie or not. Think about all the yummy (sarcasm) animal juices that have now been absorded into the whole case of lettuce, tomatoes etc.

Even when I ate meat in my prior years, I didnt think much of santitation issues. What I enjoy most when I question if they can change gloves or use a different utensil for the preparation of my dish is when they ask "why are you a vegan?" as if its some bad thing. Meat eater or not, being sanitary is the way to go and unfortunately some don't notice it until they start changing their diet. Oops tangent!

one day at the mall i had to get subway. i guess i was in a hurry that morning and didnt have time to prepare food like i normally do, so i had a 6" with wheat bread, spinach, banana and bell peppers, black olives, tomato.. i couldnt even finish it. totally ing. i went home later that day to discover the bread contains high fructose corn syrup. i didnt research the vegetables at the time but they tasted very weird..

oh and she also used the same ing knife that she had (probably) been using all day without washing it.

ive tried their salad too, which in my case is just spinach and veggies in a bowl since i assumed the lettuce was worthless. did NOT taste right. and the girl working there looked at me like i was the opposite of civilization or something when i indicated that there would be no dressing on the salad.

subway used to be my favorite.

9-GRAIN WHEAT Enriched wheat flour (wheat flour, barley malt, niacin, iron, thiamin mononitrate, riboflavin, folic acid), water, yeast, high fructose corn syrup, whole wheat flour, wheat gluten, contains 2% or less of the following: oat fiber, soybean oil, salt, wheat bran, rolled wheat, rye nuggets, dough conditioners (DATEM, sodium stearoyl lactylate), yeast nutrients (calcium sulfate, ammonium sulfate), degermed yellow corn meal, rolled oats, rye flakes, caramel color, triticale flakes, parboiled brown rice, refinery syrup, honey, barley flakes, flaxseed, millet, sorghum flour. Contains wheat.

mmmmm. wholesome.

9-GRAIN WHEAT Enriched wheat flour (wheat flour, barley malt, niacin, iron, thiamin mononitrate, riboflavin, folic acid), water, yeast, high fructose corn syrup, whole wheat flour, wheat gluten, contains 2% or less of the following: oat fiber, soybean oil, salt, wheat bran, rolled wheat, rye nuggets, dough conditioners (DATEM, sodium stearoyl lactylate), yeast nutrients (calcium sulfate, ammonium sulfate), degermed yellow corn meal, rolled oats, rye flakes, caramel color, triticale flakes, parboiled brown rice, refinery syrup, honey, barley flakes, flaxseed, millet, sorghum flour. Contains wheat.

mmmmm. wholesome.

I am so getting me wheat sandwich now! yum yum..... Gross

Ugh, well that puts an end to any thoughts I might have had about going back to Subway. I'm glad I haven't happened to eat there since I went vegan, especially since I've considered it a few times. I thought I could trust those "Sandwich Artists!"

Thanks for the heads-up, Rain!