looking for somsauce/dip for veggies

thendanisays

i need to put sometihng on my veggies! BUT- ...i already have a pretty strict diet with everything i need built into it. i want to eat more veggies throughout the day (green leafies to be exact) but i don't want to add extra dressing...too fatty and plain vinegar burns my mouth. i don't want to dip them in hummus....too many extra carbs. you see my dilemma. i mean, it's not a huge deal, but i think it would help me eat more of them. any suggestions?

If you like the taste of nutritional yeast then you could make a dip with that. Each 1.5 Tbls has 60 calories, 8 grams of protein, 3 grams of digestible carbs (4 grams of fiber) and 1 gram of fat. If it's a supplemented form (such as Red Star brand) then you also get some whopping doses of B vitamins with a fair amount of selenium and zinc.

You could try adding mustard, smoked paprika or any other condiment/spice/herb you like.

soy yoghurt has a pretty cool nutritional value. you can make tzatziki and other good stuff. a plus with tzatziki (since you wanted more greens) is that you have cucumber in it. there are tons of different variations in spices you can make.