Found blog that's finally made me want to learn to cook!

VegannNY

It's Vegan Dad: http://www.vegandad.blogspot.com/

He focuses alot on fake meat and comfort food...and I love every bit of it.

I'm SO not a cook. (My idea of a meal is a protein bar, or raw cashews, or something cold right out of the refrigerator.) And--in my late thirties--I would've wagered that it was completely unlikely that I'd ever want to learn this late in the game. Just no interest whatsoever.

Believe it or not, VeganDad changed that! (Can't abbreviate it to "VD"...that just sounds bad....)

The recipes are easy, fun...I've already learned how to make a killer sausage from Seitan and pinto beans, struck out on the sweet and hot tofu, succeeded on scones...and now have my eye set on the Irish Stew, Raviolis, and (some day) the lasagna and shepherd's pie. Oh yeah, and the "chicken" mcnuggets and BBW seitan skewers are pretty killer, too. (And no, I have NO affiliation with this guy...just really impressed.)

I've even got my permanently meat eating husband liking some of the recipes... Won't it be fascinating if I turn into the cook in the family for a change!! Course, buying up all the necessary spices initially is a teeny bit pricey, but wow I'm having fun!