What is everyone eating for Christmas/The Holidays

xVeganDestroyerx

Was thinking about a Tofurkey and gravy as they having crab and asparagus. Asparagus and gravy sounds yummy. Could even inspire me to make a cream sauce for it. Vegan of course.

The other day I roasted asparagus in the oven with a drizzle of olive oil on them and some garlic powder so I could coat them all. They were amazing.

I'm making it as paleo friendly as possible for my brother since he's letting me at least keep it vegan. Here's what we're having.

tempeh stuffed zucchini

Thai coconut soup with crispy pumpkin seed based tofu

grain free cauliflower "risotto"

broccoli and mushrooms smothered in a cashew cheese sauce

raw cherry cobbler

pkjane- most of that would be appropriate for your ketogenic diet btw (excluding the cobbler and possibly the tempeh)

I'm making it as paleo friendly as possible for my brother since he's letting me at least keep it vegan. Here's what we're having.

tempeh stuffed zucchini

Thai coconut soup with crispy pumpkin seed based tofu

grain free cauliflower "risotto"

broccoli and mushrooms smothered in a cashew cheese sauce

raw cherry cobbler

pkjane- most of that would be appropriate for your ketogenic diet btw (excluding the cobbler and possibly the tempeh)

OO ? Recipes?

I'm actually trying to make a vegan gingerbread house. Found a great recipe but the author admitted the icing wasn't as sticky/convenient as egg-based icing... trying to think of the stickiest vegan food substance in existance that wouldn't sabotage the flavore.. I know I've had some very sticky things I just can't think of it right now...

Most of my rant will be irrelevent, but it needs to happen...

I don't know what I am going to eat!!! I really wish I had some vegan friends. I feel like such a bother going over to other peoples' houses. -_- Especially when they don't understand that butter isn't vegan... I just tell them I'll bring my own food but still get guilt-tripped into trying the stuff with dairy/egg in it (still not fully vegan.. for reasons like this). We're going over to my husband's best friend's house... and going to meet his friend's family (who they tell me is very opposed to vegetarianism). I get tired of everyone wanting to dicuss and give me their personal views on vegetarianism anyway, so to mix things up I think I'll pretend to be Jewish... I have a wonderfully enormous nose to make this a convincing claim. I will exlaim the Kashrut dietary laws to them! What fun.

I'll lurk to find some recipe ideas here... I considered making red beans and white rice, garnished with green cilantro or something.. it's festive, yeah?

• 2 weeks later...
coconut milk chocolate brownie almond icecream
Wow that sounds good!

For Christmas Day I made a 'not-sausage-sausage-plait' with roasted veggies and steamed broccoli and asparagus, and gravy of course, and we had Swedish Glace Raspberry Ripple Ice Cream and mince pies for dessert Then for Boxing Day I went over to my parents for Crimbo 2 and mum made me a good ol' Tofukey with all the trimmings - cranberry and bread sauces, roasties, veg, gravy, stuffing...and a mini Christmas pud for after. Yummmmmmy, I'm getting hungry again!

• 2 weeks later...

I didn't get to eat much because my family wanted me over for their dinner and they are nowhere near vegan. Sadly I just had veggies with Itallian dressing, a big salad, apple cider, my grandmother's candied yams (she doesn't use marsh mellows), and I brought over some vegan rolls :/ oh well. They all looked at me like I was stupid too