High Protein Pudding

veggieprincess

Ok, this tastes like ACTUAL pudding. Loaded with Protein, great for the last meal of the day to get your protein in like a dessert. I promise, if you do this right, you are going to think this is the best stuff ever.

I made this by accident tonite when I didn't want to run the blender to wake anybody up.

1 scoop plain flavored Pea Protein Isolate

1 scoop Chocolate flavored Soy Protein (I used Scifit)

1 heaping teaspoon cocoa powder

Splash vanilla extract

Pinch of salt

few tbsps of Chocolate Silk soymilk and Westsoy Plus plain flavored soymilk

Put all dry ingredients in a bowl. Start with just a small amount of the chocolate silk soymilk, mix together. then add some of the plain soymilk. mix all together. if its too thick, keep adding tiny amounts of the soymilk or water until thick pudding consistency is acheived.

I swear, it tastes like regular pudding. This was so good!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I do one similar but generally it's my evening one so can't have the extra cals before sleeping. So it's just one scoop choc protein and a few tablespoons water, stir until thick, can sit up in the fridge a few min. if you prefer cold.

I have also heard it done with vanilla or choc soy milk instead of the water for a calorie kick, also makes for thicker consistency faster. Almost all add cocoa .... but I'm not a huge fan. Some add sweetener of some sort, sugar if you aren't watching cals, non-sugar sweetener if you do. Lot's of variations depending on your needs and tastes.

Thanks VP, I imagine many had no idea that a protein pudding existed. I love having it in my diet plan!

brendans recovery pudding is super awesome

but i have also made pudding by slowly adding milk to choclate vega. (or natural vega with carob powder) until desired consistency and then eating it with a spoon or using it as a dip for fruit.

• 4 months later...

been eating "veggie princess pudding"; sometimes using ricemilk, soymilk or hempmilk but most times just good old water.

i love it!

my coworkers say it looks like spackle and my son said it looks like cement... but it's so good!

using any and all of the protein powders i have kemistry procore buckwheat protein, vega, soy protein powder, whole soybean powder or non-soy veg protein booster, plus mixing it with cocoa powder, too.

do want to try the gemma but fundsarelow rite now (NOTE did get some vega thru rob on a good deal and i did find procore at about 50% on closeout from worldclassnutrition.com)

the procore's like frosting or cookie dough (maybe throw in some vegan chocolate or carob chips?).

have to give a real big shout out to veggie princess because when first read the recipe was thinking what the heck is she talking bout... but it works!

been doing all kinds of puddings now.

i am a pudding freak!

am going to eat some right now...

so glad you like it!

I think I'm going to start a new thread encouraging all of us to post pudding and smoothie recipes with all the various brands they use, since so many more Vegans here are doing protein powders. We could all probably pick up some things from everyone elses concoctions

Today, I tried this one:

Procore 1 scoop

Almond butter 2 Tablespoons

Cocoa powder 1 Tablespoon

Water to desired consistency

I don't have any gemma right now (to blend with the procore) so it was a bit sweet. The almond butter was chunky so that added a nice texture.

so glad you like it!

I think I'm going to start a new thread encouraging all of us to post pudding and smoothie recipes with all the various brands they use, since so many more Vegans here are doing protein powders. We could all probably pick up some things from everyone elses concoctions

I think that's a great idea. Like I said in another thread, I've got a lot of Gemma on hand right now, but I'm curious about what other brands people are using, too. I loved your pudding recipe, I tried it last night!

so glad you like it!

I think that's a great idea. Like I said in another thread, I've got a lot of Gemma on hand right now, but I'm curious about what other brands people are using, too. I loved your pudding recipe, I tried it last night!

Hey Laura! Send me an email update... we haven't talked in awhile. You'll be happy to know I still don't have my cheats under control! LOL... hope that makes you feel better

Today, I tried this one:

Procore 1 scoop

Almond butter 2 Tablespoons

Cocoa powder 1 Tablespoon

Water to desired consistency

I don't have any gemma right now (to blend with the procore) so it was a bit sweet. The almond butter was chunky so that added a nice texture.

Just picture that your trainer ordered you to eat a bowl of frosting to aid in muscle growth. Then you'll feel like your being really naughty.

Boy, my life is boring these days if that is my version of naughtyness.

Both you gals need a little help with your imagination. VP's fantasy was a good start, but let me finish. Your trainer orders you to eat hi protein frosting so you can grow. He doesn't tell you to eat the frosting off of a plate. I'll leave it to you to fill in the details

Hey Laura! Send me an email update... we haven't talked in awhile. You'll be happy to know I still don't have my cheats under control! LOL... hope that makes you feel better

What?! Cheats? You are the queen of self discipline. Seriously. It's motivating, inspiring and really annoying at the same time. LOL You will be happy to know, though, that I have not had a single frito (why do those damn things have to be vegan . . . ) in about 4 months .

What?! Cheats? You are the queen of self discipline. Seriously. It's motivating, inspiring and really annoying at the same time. LOL You will be happy to know, though, that I have not had a single frito (why do those damn things have to be vegan . . . ) in about 4 months .

You'll probably fall over when I ask this

but what are frito's ?

but what are frito's ?

http://www.fritos.com/

I like how the Fritos bag lights up when you place you curser there

too cute. thanks for that ! I bet they are super salty and very yummy with that bean dip! Good for you for resisting for that long !

I remember when I was sharing a room with Marty and he would be eating nacho chips and salsa, my god all I could smell was salsa it smelt so good

If I wasn't raw, My claws would be right in there.

but what are frito's ?

http://www.fritos.com/

I like how the Fritos bag lights up when you place you curser there

too cute. thanks for that ! I bet they are super salty and very yummy with that bean dip! Good for you for resisting for that long !

I remember when I was sharing a room with Marty and he would be eating nacho chips and salsa, my god all I could smell was salsa it smelt so good

If I wasn't raw, My claws would be right in there.

If you are okay with dehydrators then I have a recipe (raw corn chips) that is similar but much sweeter (unless you use older corn which has turned much of the sweetness to starch - giving it more of a "cooked" flavor).

Salsa can, of course, be made raw.

Okay... I'll let you keep me on that self-discipline pedestool if you insist... but it isn't true.

Congrats on getting your Frito binges under control girl!!!!!! Yay for you! You are more disciplined than you think... noone is perfect!!!