"intelligent" people speak out against healthcare

Anything else on your mind that you would like to discuss with other like-minded people.

Moderators: Mini Forklift Ⓥ, C.O., Richard, robert, SyrLinus

Message
Author
User avatar
Vegan Joe
Stegosaurus
Posts: 3735
Joined: Sat Dec 22, 2007 8:12 pm
Location: Enroute to 58

Re: "intelligent" people speak out against healthcare

#16 Postby Vegan Joe » Fri Sep 25, 2009 6:08 pm

xjohanx wrote:VJ, we've been over this before. You claim that people call you names before they actually do and you call everyone "bigot".
I think you need to go back and read who started the name calling, and I don't call everyone bigot only those who are. It's usually quite evident by them calling me derogatory names because they disagree with my point of view. You need to pay attention more and read things without bias before you make statements like this.
xjohanx wrote:When I said that you were doing the name calling "thing" yourself with the word bigot your reply was "well that's because you are bigots". Your replies to most valid arguments always leave me wondering if you are a troll/retarded/stupid etc etc. You post idiotic rethorical questions about Obama, gay marriage and when someone acutally takes up the discussion with you your only answer is another or the same (which again leads to me wondering if you're retarded) question. When confronted about your obvious homophobia you say childish stuff like "I'm not homophobic because my daughter knows a gay girl". The sad thing is that you give me the impression that you think you win the debates but all you really do is look stupid. Oh one of my favorite threads was the one you started and whenever someone who lived outside of the US replied you just quoted them and replied (for instance) "Sweden" and using it as an argument that our opinions weren't valid/good enough or whatever. You are really stupid. I don't know why I rant so much today but you fucking suck at debating and your opinions really make me sick.

I still think the whole political forum should be removed from VBB, it has no place here.


Ya want to know what my problem is?: I don't hate people I disagree with. You think your side of the argument is the only right one. I don't get people like you who claim that I call eveyone names while you call me names. It only make your assesment of me rediculas. I don't know why you can't see that. Go back reread those threads, and you will see that in every instance the name calling was not started by me.
You and this post are a perfect example of the "pot calling the kettle black", but only you and a couple of people can't see this.
Here is another point to ponder: for all the people who have reported my posts/threads in the past, if I was acually guilty of all this name calling, don't you think the moderators would have taken care of this, but the truth of the matter is that I am usually defending myself against name callers (I never report posts except spam). I challenge you to go back and read without bias and you will see that 99% of the time I am correct in what I am telling you.

Happiness is a personal choice!
I am the sole source of all my sadness and joy.


"The logic of worldly success rests on a
fallacy: the strange error that our perfection
depends on the thoughts and
opinions and applause of other men."
Source: Thomas Merton

xjohanx
Elephant
Posts: 2960
Age: 33
Joined: Wed Jan 10, 2007 12:48 pm
Location: Stockholm, Sweden.
Contact:

Re: "intelligent" people speak out against healthcare

#17 Postby xjohanx » Fri Sep 25, 2009 7:51 pm

I've looked back at some old threads and honestly you are 99% wrong. You start the name calling and you claim that people call you names before they actually do. But when you do call them names it's of course justified because the words you use are accurate descriptions of the persons.

I do not think that everyones opinion but my own is the wrong one and I don't hate people I disagree with at all. You make a lot of assumptions and all of them are wrong.

And you continue with the "I call them bigots because they are bigots". Joe, I call you stupid because that is what you are!
cubby2112 wrote:When someone says you don't train "functionally," you should just punch them in the face. Ask them how "functional" of a movement that was.

User avatar
Vegan Joe
Stegosaurus
Posts: 3735
Joined: Sat Dec 22, 2007 8:12 pm
Location: Enroute to 58

Re: "intelligent" people speak out against healthcare

#18 Postby Vegan Joe » Fri Sep 25, 2009 11:55 pm

xjohanx wrote:I've looked back at some old threads and honestly you are 99% wrong. You start the name calling and you claim that people call you names before they actually do.
It easy to say but prove it. I told you already if I was the one doing all the hating and name calling I would have been band. Back up your words like you always tell me to do.
xjohanx wrote:Joe, I call you stupid because that is what you are!

See, you prove my point once again.

Happiness is a personal choice!
I am the sole source of all my sadness and joy.


"The logic of worldly success rests on a
fallacy: the strange error that our perfection
depends on the thoughts and
opinions and applause of other men."
Source: Thomas Merton

User avatar
xveganjoshx
Elephant
Posts: 1466
Joined: Sat Feb 10, 2007 11:46 pm
Location: Atlanta, Ga

Re: "intelligent" people speak out against healthcare

#19 Postby xveganjoshx » Sat Sep 26, 2009 4:05 am

I know nothing about the healthcare debate.

But I like Joe.

8)
The (Vegan) Dating Coach
Buy me a drink if your gonna hit on me like that!
:glasses4: + :glasses5: = :fish:
:usa2: :usa2: :usa2:

xjohanx
Elephant
Posts: 2960
Age: 33
Joined: Wed Jan 10, 2007 12:48 pm
Location: Stockholm, Sweden.
Contact:

Re: "intelligent" people speak out against healthcare

#20 Postby xjohanx » Sat Sep 26, 2009 4:27 am

Vegan Joe wrote:I told you already if I was the one doing all the hating and name calling I would have been band.


A band would be cool. But no you wouldn't have been banned because they do not ban people very often from this forum. I know VP and that crazy dude who got banned both from VF and VBB (personally I'm only banned from VF) but no one else acctually. You need to do a lot of shit to get banned from here and hating plus name calling doesn't really cut it. So it proves nothing.
cubby2112 wrote:When someone says you don't train "functionally," you should just punch them in the face. Ask them how "functional" of a movement that was.

User avatar
Vegan Joe
Stegosaurus
Posts: 3735
Joined: Sat Dec 22, 2007 8:12 pm
Location: Enroute to 58

Re: "intelligent" people speak out against healthcare

#21 Postby Vegan Joe » Sat Sep 26, 2009 10:32 am

xjohanx wrote:So it proves nothing.

Still waiting for your proof.

Happiness is a personal choice!
I am the sole source of all my sadness and joy.


"The logic of worldly success rests on a
fallacy: the strange error that our perfection
depends on the thoughts and
opinions and applause of other men."
Source: Thomas Merton

xjohanx
Elephant
Posts: 2960
Age: 33
Joined: Wed Jan 10, 2007 12:48 pm
Location: Stockholm, Sweden.
Contact:

Re: "intelligent" people speak out against healthcare

#22 Postby xjohanx » Sat Sep 26, 2009 10:41 am

I don't really think there is anything to prove. Just like you just asked me to look back at old threads I will ask you. We will reach different conclusions end of story.
Couldn't you at leat write "yeah it's true that I wouldn't have been banned since this forum doesn't do stuff like that", or is it too hard for you to accept that I was right?
I mean if I or the others did all the name calling wouldn't we've been banned?
cubby2112 wrote:When someone says you don't train "functionally," you should just punch them in the face. Ask them how "functional" of a movement that was.

User avatar
Vegan Joe
Stegosaurus
Posts: 3735
Joined: Sat Dec 22, 2007 8:12 pm
Location: Enroute to 58

Re: "intelligent" people speak out against healthcare

#23 Postby Vegan Joe » Sat Sep 26, 2009 10:46 am

xjohanx wrote:I don't really think there is anything to prove.

Best point you've made so far. You come back with your proof, I'm done with this thread until you do.
Have a nice weekend.
PS was wondering why you don't post your workouts anymore you had a great physique going there last time I saw a photo. :D

Happiness is a personal choice!
I am the sole source of all my sadness and joy.


"The logic of worldly success rests on a
fallacy: the strange error that our perfection
depends on the thoughts and
opinions and applause of other men."
Source: Thomas Merton

xjohanx
Elephant
Posts: 2960
Age: 33
Joined: Wed Jan 10, 2007 12:48 pm
Location: Stockholm, Sweden.
Contact:

Re: "intelligent" people speak out against healthcare

#24 Postby xjohanx » Sat Sep 26, 2009 11:52 am

I'll do it when you come with yours.
I don't post cause I haven't worked out in about 6-8 months, I just started again last week. Still below 10% bf but I lost a lot of muscle.
cubby2112 wrote:When someone says you don't train "functionally," you should just punch them in the face. Ask them how "functional" of a movement that was.

Addai
Rabbit
Posts: 155
Age: 30
Joined: Tue Sep 15, 2009 7:47 pm
Location: New York

Re: "intelligent" people speak out against healthcare

#25 Postby Addai » Sat Sep 26, 2009 9:32 pm

I've only read maybe two words of each post on this page. Sounds like two adults bickering like children on an issue of profound importance to everyone. It's like congress.

User avatar
Vegan Joe
Stegosaurus
Posts: 3735
Joined: Sat Dec 22, 2007 8:12 pm
Location: Enroute to 58

Re: "intelligent" people speak out against healthcare

#26 Postby Vegan Joe » Sat Sep 26, 2009 9:35 pm

Addai wrote:I've only read maybe two words of each post on this page. Sounds like two adults bickering like children on an issue of profound importance to everyone. It's like congress.

Well at least your not reading too much into it. :D

Happiness is a personal choice!
I am the sole source of all my sadness and joy.


"The logic of worldly success rests on a
fallacy: the strange error that our perfection
depends on the thoughts and
opinions and applause of other men."
Source: Thomas Merton

xjohanx
Elephant
Posts: 2960
Age: 33
Joined: Wed Jan 10, 2007 12:48 pm
Location: Stockholm, Sweden.
Contact:

Re: "intelligent" people speak out against healthcare

#27 Postby xjohanx » Sun Sep 27, 2009 6:24 am

Addai wrote:I've only read maybe two words of each post on this page. Sounds like two adults bickering like children on an issue of profound importance to everyone. It's like congress.


I'm not an adult
cubby2112 wrote:When someone says you don't train "functionally," you should just punch them in the face. Ask them how "functional" of a movement that was.

Addai
Rabbit
Posts: 155
Age: 30
Joined: Tue Sep 15, 2009 7:47 pm
Location: New York

Re: "intelligent" people speak out against healthcare

#28 Postby Addai » Sun Sep 27, 2009 10:23 am

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Can I nominate this for the worst fail of a thread ever?

Addai
Rabbit
Posts: 155
Age: 30
Joined: Tue Sep 15, 2009 7:47 pm
Location: New York

Re: "intelligent" people speak out against healthcare

#29 Postby Addai » Sun Sep 27, 2009 10:31 am

thendanisays wrote:Addai- I agree with you and im about as liberal as they come. i believe that universal healthcare is better than what we have now-BUT i couldnt possibly agree with you more that this "solution" is more of dealing with a symptom of the much bigger problem, than actually dealing with the problem itself-that healthcare in this country is RIDICULOUS


I love comments like that. I find it amazing that something such as healthcare can be politicized. Really shows the aptitude of our elected officials. If you and I get sick, our politics aren't going to matter. We're going to get the same care, and the same bill. It seems like such a golden area for bipartisanship. And yet look at what's happened with the issue...

If I come into two billion dollars, I'm going to run for president. I have become much better at not using profanity to express myself politically.

User avatar
VeganEssentials
Stegosaurus
Posts: 3065
Age: 46
Joined: Wed Dec 31, 1969 7:00 pm
Location: Waukesha, WI
Contact:

Re: "intelligent" people speak out against healthcare

#30 Postby VeganEssentials » Mon Sep 28, 2009 12:04 am

Addai wrote::lol: :lol: :lol:

Can I nominate this for the worst fail of a thread ever?


You ain't seen nothin' yet - just stick around a while, and sooner or later, you're going to find some discussions that make you want to put your head through a wall. :D
"A 'hardgainer' is merely someone who hasn't bothered to try enough different training methods to learn what is actually right for their own damned body." - anonymous


Return to “General Discussion”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 12 guests