Dehoderants are there any that work?

RAINRA

I have a real hard time finding deoderants that work. I tried all vegan ones I can find but they are short lasted and often don't do a very good job. Are there any ones that work really well and or any mainstream ones that are vegan?

Nothing worse that carrying unwanted oder.

I've had hit-or-miss work with crystals, but the only thing I've tried that actually works without fail is Florere deodorant:

http://store.veganessentials.com/florere-vegan-deodorant-stick-p2485.aspx

It's free of aluminum chlorohydrate and salts, parabens and all the junk, and works REALLY well. Starts out a bit tacky, you have to hold it to your skin for about 10-15 seconds to really get it to soften, but a good liberal application will last me all day and night without worry. A great deodorant, and it works fairly well in the way of being a natural anti-perspirant if you really coat yourself well!

yeah thanks again everyone for your imput. Yes Hilary I do take showers! just was use to wearing the axe deo and now since I can't prove it is not tested on animals I was trying some of the vegan ones. I never tried that cowboy one or the one vegan essentials mentioned. I will look into those. Thanks for the feedback

buncha wimps, I've been stick free for 2 years and I never reek.

That, or your nostrils are fried and the looks you think people make when when you pass are real.

I stopped making body odor when I stopped wearing deodorant, not everyone needs to.

• 2 weeks later...

I wish I knew the answer to this as well. I've tried:

Thai Crystal

Thai Crystal Spray

J/A/S/O/N Tea Tree

Earth Science

and a couple others

So far, the best one is the spray, but I need an antiperspirant in the summer though. I used to be on medication for over-sweating and quit it, but still need something in the summers. I haven't found an antiperspirant I like though, sadly.

I've been using mitchum (seems to be working), honestly I can't use the natural ones (except for the crystal which didn't seem to work for me when it got really warm). I have sensitive armpits and when I use the natural ones it tears my skin off (literally), turns all red and burns like crazy!! I have a friend who this also happens to. I wonder what is in (or not in them) that causes this...

• 4 weeks later...

I have the THAI ICE CRYSTAL one I bought yesterday and it works like a charm! That did it. The only downside is that you need to wet it to make it work. But it stopped all smell.

Awesome.

I also ordered urban cowboy deoderant from veganessentials I am gonna try that one too.

I was using sage deodorant for some time, but lately I don't use any. Since going vegan I don't have a problem with smelling bad at all. I just make sure to take showers after sports, and otherwise I don't have a problem.

• 3 weeks later...
What are people's concerns with aluminum in a deodorant? The stuff I use contains it and I'm wondering why I should/shouldn't be using it.

It's been linked to cancer and numerous brain disorders...not good :/

I use Tom's Deodorant or the crystal stuff. It works well for me