The Positive Thread

beforewisdom

Two atoms bump into each other.

One says "I think I lost an electron!"

The other asks, "Are you sure?"

The first replies, "I'm positive!"

Okay, seriously, I just got back from visiting my hair stylist, who is a friend. While at her place, I was able to fix her broken vacuum cleaner for her, so she gave me a free haircut on the spot. Nice.

Earlier today, I talked an online purse company into giving me a $75 purse for $40.

Over the course of several months, I've been giving away my extra art and office supplies (colored paper, 100's of colored pencils, card stock, blank bound journals, etc.) to the children who live in the house behind me. Their eyes light up every time.

Herc

Edited by Baby Hercules

I just ate some amazing lasagna that my flatmate cooked. She is so good to me.

I just finished a two week clinical placement and got some great feedback from my educator and other staff.

http://ihasahotdog.files.wordpress.com/2008/06/cute-puppy-pictures-joy.jpg?w=450

I found the first local organic honeydew melons at the market today on the way home from the gym!

I also discovered my favorite hot weather green smoothie . . . spinach, cucumber, pear and lemon with lots of ice.

And Friday is my "treat" day, when I pick up the best cookies in the world from my local vegan/Caribbean restaurant (One Love at Bathurst and Bloor in Toronto) . . . tasty, mildly spicey, bite-sized melt-in-your-mouth "thumbprint" cookies that have a dollop of apple "butter" on top, lovingly hand-made by Ikeila (one of the co-owners).

Did I mention that food makes me happy?

I'm healthy, I look better and feel stronger then 15 years ago, I have my own nice and quiet place to live and sleep, I do what I like in my life (art, writing about healthy food), I don't have to sit in the office from 9 to 5, I'm writing a cookbook and I KNOW it will be a big success! I just wish other people could see how easy it is to be happy.

I did a raw vegan "cleanse" for a week and feel pretty good. I'm happy eating more raw foods. I went back to the gym too and I can still press 275.

That may not seem like much, but I've been quite sick for awhile, and being able to do that was a milestone for me.

HA! super into this thread.

MAN! I'm super positive lately. My Deaf Culture camp was amazing. I was offered the Rugby team captain position last night. I met and have been talking to a girl Im quite smitten with.

SUPER positive! my life is awesome.

Couldn't sleep until about 3am, but I got up early today anyway, did my morning things, made it to the gym anyway, enjoyed "Armageddon" with Morgan Freeman while on the elliptical.

Beautiful day yesterday. Took a long walk up to the co-op and read a book sitting outside in the sun at one of the tables.

ok, can add more.

went to the co-op today, checkout dude was staring at me. that's fine. He said eventually that I'm "too cool" with my red hair and beard. And the girl ahead of me said that she wishes more guys would wear pink. Then the worker boy said that he was surprised I was able to wear a pink polo AND a pink bandana around my neck and still not look like I'm trying too hard.

That was a fun conversation.

Then I went to the gas station and the lady there said that my glasses were awesome and very unique.

Big win on the day (minus the new crack in my 5 month old cars windshield, but thats ok)

I'm feeling better than ever, staying consistent with my workouts and eating habits. Loving life! Simply remembering that each day is another opportunity to live life to the fullest, striving always for improvement in all things. I'm grateful that my mother's health is improving and grateful to just be alive and well. Trying to stay focused on living one moment at a time, not consumed with the past, nor anticipating the future. I will be present in the here and now. True contentment comes from within.