Most ignorant & obnoxious Anti-Vegans

Dallas

LOL.. a quote from one of them - "... You'll notice that only one person posted their lifts (because they're all weak as shit)."

And now his PB lifts:

5x5 PRs: Squat 96 kgs (211 lbs)

Bench 66 kgs (145 lbs)

Military Press 43.5 kgs (96 lbs)

Deadlift PR 166 kgs (365 lbs)

Good one dude...

I'm the least spiritual person in the world, but I do "believe" that negative comments for the sake of negative comments (put-downs, insults, etc.) don't really have anything to do with the person on the receiving end, but have everything to do with the person delivering them. I don't get bothered by comments like the ones posted online. I actually feel bad for the people who write them and wish to help them. They clearly have insecurity issues, self esteem issues, anger problems, etc. and really do need help. They have to rely on raising their own self esteem by lowering others'. It's a big problem....a very common problem in our culture and society.

In the position I'm in running this website for nearly 10 years I've probably had more of these comments directed at me more than anyone else, but it doesn't matter. It's not my problem, not my issue, therefore it doesn't bother me. I wish I could reach out to all of these people and find some way to lift them up so they would feel better about themselves and about life. Maybe I can. I certainly try.

Even if YOU are the person on the receiving end of criticism, don't let it get to you and understand that the person delivering the insults has their own personal struggles they are going through and at the end of the day they fall asleep not feeling very good about themselves. It doesn't do you any good to feel the same way about yourself. So feel good. Feel happy. Feel proud for the difference you are making in the world.

I agree. When I see people on my side of politics, diet, religious views using strawman arguments, slandering, and using ad-hominems, I'm ashamed I share the same views and start to question my own position to make sure what I'm doing is the right thing.

Well said Robert and I agree for the most part, but what if they truly believe what they are saying?

I myself was once opposed to vegetarianism, simply because I was ignorant.

I specifically remember saying vegetarians were stupid.

If however there was someone there who disagreed with my position and went about demonstrating the fallacy of it I may have had a bitter taste in my mouth and never been open to learning more about it when the time came.

Thats why I think it is best to take the high road, nod and agree to disagree.

People need to find their own way, I think.

It seems that fighting ignorance only serves to reinforce it.

Just my .02.

I agree that it's not the case for all people and all situations or circumstances but I do believe it is that self doubt that drives us to say or do harmful things to others. And I can put myself in others' shoes and understand why.

For example, I can see why big steroid bodybuilders who aren't professional or famous, but are just big dudes at the gym would dislike me and say bad things about me. I totally get that. I get a fair amount of attention for the lifestyle I lead and the work that I've done and some of these guys don't get any attention, which is often what they are striving for, what drives them to train like crazy and take steroids in the first place; they're just seeking compliments, acknowledgment or appreciation in some form. I can see how they could look at someone like me who is half their size and getting way more attention and publicity than them, and understand how that triggers them to feel angry envious, jealous, inadequate, etc. I'd probably feel the same way if I was bodybuilding with the same motives, to seek compliments from peers. Toss in the fact that a lot of money is spent on steroids and supplements and it could get real frustrating to spend all that money, all that time, all that hard work but lack innovation or uniqueness and fall short of goals and look at someone like one of us who stands out, is happy, proud and who achieves, and get very upset.

I get it, I just don't support it and hope that people can look inside themselves and find other ways to feel better than by putting others down.

I know there is some sort of immediate 'false' satisfaction in putting someone down, but it never feels good thinking back on it later on. I have positive interactions with would-be haters all the time and I find it really satisfying and rewarding.

Remember what Mr. Olympia Jay Cutler said after winning his 3rd Olympia title?

See, even the biggest of meat-eaters still think vegans are cool

LOL.. a quote from one of them - "... You'll notice that only one person posted their lifts (because they're all weak as shit)."

And now his PB lifts:

Bench 66 kgs (145 lbs)

Good one dude...

I think he has me in the deadlift lol i haven't tried a maximum for that.

i own him in the bench and military press though.fuck yeah

And now his PB lifts:

Bench 66 kgs (145 lbs)

Good one dude...

Haha, I warm up with that kind of bench press weights

Someone paste this link to that forum:

• 3 weeks later...

Maybe some people have a bad experience with a pretentious or otherwise unpleasant vegan, and they take it personally and have a vendetta against veganism. I don't know why there is such a problem with veganism. At worst it could be considered a benign waste of time and effort. But, in reality, it is a positive and peaceful way of living. Vegan bodybuilding is a means of promoting a vegan lifestyle, especially diet, since the results are there to see. I am proud of the profiles on the website, and they are clearly divided and labeled, and if people took the time to read rather than just quickly flick through pictures, they would understand the individual goals that each person has, which isn't necessarily to look like Arnie. Hell, it even says in my profile that I'm a designer, not a bodybuildier, and they still attacked me in that thread :/

Also it is very easy to sit there and attack strangers via the internet, without being face to face with your own physique on display. These days, most people are pretty good with me, regarding veganism, when I am face to face with them. I get a lot of ignorance, but no hatred at all, very few attacks. It's the internet where you get the most of it, because people know they can get away with it, and there are fewer manners. In reality, if somebody talked to me, they would be insane to start attacking my physique straight off the bat. I am humble and easy to talk to, and I'm sure many people on this forum are the same. It would be different if I stood there flexing saying "I am your new master, experience my vein-based supremacy". You could expect a negative response. By displaying the profiles on the site, it is a way of reaching people, it's not really showing off or getting in anyone's face. If you're not interested in vegan bodybuilding, it makes no sense to visit.

oh my god... they are quite patheric. First they claim vegans are skinny, and then later in the thread they confess we are big and muscular and they don't believe what they see, they say we cheat with milk, eggs and steroids. They should feel embarrassed.

Many of them look like rednecks, fanatics of firearms, haters and even anti-semites, like the guy dressed with combat clothes and with camouflage make-up. They also confess that vegan women are better.

One guy says "Don't eat meat, and you won't think clearly." talking about a vegetarian who murdered someone (so he wasn't vegeterian then). But that guy's avatar is a GUN.

He also wrote "several amino acids which are only available to humans if we eat meat, quoting source studies referenced by... Atkins or Drs. Eades (Protein Power), ahahahaha ! who else ?

And then they talk about their passion for guns and how much they would like to kill many cows and how manly it is to kill.

"He's also a bit pudgier than me. I have very lean forearms, his look like sausages. He probably has more muscle under that fat than I do, but I have less fat too. He must not be taking any supplements (B12 comes to mind) otherwise he'd probably be more defined."

some guy describing VE...

I do think that bio page should be re-done to just include people with significant muscle though.

Oh man, I find this hilarious.

RC you got a compliment and a diss in the same post.

"Why am I not impressed by any of these motherfuckers? Only one really had a decent physique.

But he looks like he's prematurely aging because of his special diet of semen and beans."

Zack I didn't recognize you with your long hair kinda like Rambo, or a hippie ;P

Yeah their posts are quite funny... These are my favorites.

One writes about Avi : "Someone's lying to us... apparently he eats a diet of whole grain bread and brown rice and..beans. Sure baby whatever.... "

"Someone's lying to us... apparently he eats a diet of whole grain bread and brown rice and..beans. Sure baby whatever....

Brizz says about VE "This guy is an anomaly too, Shouldn't he be ridiculously lean?"

Big John: "Grains make you fat."

Brizz (Sexual Tyrannosaurus) : "I think I have finally progressed to the point where I could shoot a cow in the head. Fuck yeah. (...) I think I have the manliness to."

Edmund Burke: "I think women are far better off eating little to no red meat, or even being vegans." "(...)red meat (...) makes you take big, fat, manly dumps and have reeking farts ".

Nikklar: "Let's be honest here... Some of the real actual bodybuilders on that site look way better than most of the fat lazy carnivores I know. Think about it...just because a guy eats meat all day, does a little bit of work, and grows a lard-covered ass the size of Jupiter doesn't mean that he's strong or admirable. One thing we can learn from that site is how much of a difference training and lifestyle can make." ... " "carnivore" isn't a accurate way of describing your typical American lardass. "

Is anyone registered on that board? I guess not, as the OP accidentally stumbled across the site.

I kinda wanted to reply, but not enough to register on there. I wanted to point out a couple of things: (1) not everyone in the profiles is a bodybuilder. Even in the "bodybuilder and strength athletes" section, some just do strength training but are not bodybuilders. So of course not everyone on there is going to be big and lean, as those might not be their goals. They even pull out profiles of people in the "endurance and other athletes" section and make fun of their size. One of these guys is a marathon runner. A marathon runner! Of course he's not going to look like a bodybuider, but he's not trying to. (2) while making fun of a marathon runner for being small, they ignore some actual bodybuilders with good size and shape who have won contests, like Torre and Joel. (3) guys who make fun of smaller guys by calling them 'queer looking' or saying they have 'fagorexia' have gotten to the point where they are just characatures, so who really cares what they think in the end.

I also love how they are all like 'vegans can't be big or in good shape' so if there is anyone they grudgingly admit looks OK, he must therefore either be on steriods, or have amazing genetics that mean he'd be MASSIVE if he weren't a vegan.

They have written pretty good comments :

"I don't think either of those guys could possibly be vegans. In fact I'm not sure whether they are on drugs or not. I know you can get that big without drugs but it takes a lot of work and real good genes. That second guy looks like he drinks a gallon of milk a day."

"lots of them are probably drinking milk/eating eggs."

"He could simply eat stupid vegan food and take steroids...you could get there."

"Shouldn't he be ridiculously lean?"

"Someone's lying to us... apparently he eats a diet of whole grain bread and brown rice and..beans. Sure baby whatever...."