Disgusting TV commercials

Anything else on your mind that you would like to discuss with other like-minded people.

Moderators: Mini Forklift Ⓥ, C.O., Richard, robert, SyrLinus

JW
Elephant

Disgusting TV commercials

#1 Postby JW » Mon Apr 24, 2006 10:12 am

There is this McDonald's commercial they keep playing where they show this greasy, fatty slice of ham being cut..... it just grosses me right out!!! :vom:
What's the difference between boogers and broccoli ?
-Kids don't eat broccoli.

BJJVegan
Manatee

#2 Postby BJJVegan » Mon Apr 24, 2006 12:00 pm

Oh in my opinion the Carls Junior ones are the worst! :x
"After he gets in there with me and i knock him out, he may want to go back to japan or some place where the competition is a little easier." Chris Leben before getting knocked out by Anderson Silva.

http://myspace.com/jimmybshmitty

VeganGirl2006
Gorilla

#3 Postby VeganGirl2006 » Mon Apr 24, 2006 1:22 pm

I haven't seen either of those. We don't have a Carl Jr.'s here and I don't recall seeing that one for McDonald's. The ones that get me are those stupid Burger King ones for their new tendercrisp chicken sandwich. It's the Big Buckin' Chicken commercial. It's so annoying!
Courtney

"If slaughterhouses had glass walls, we'd all be vegetarians."
-Linda McCartney

JW
Elephant

#4 Postby JW » Mon Apr 24, 2006 1:37 pm

VeganGirl2006 wrote:I haven't seen either of those. We don't have a Carl Jr.'s here and I don't recall seeing that one for McDonald's. The ones that get me are those stupid Burger King ones for their new tendercrisp chicken sandwich. It's the Big Buckin' Chicken commercial. It's so annoying!

I don't know about the Carl's one either.
I'm in Canada so our McDonalds commercials could be a bit different.
The theme seems to be the same though.....disgusting :wink:

seems pretty hard to avoid them

VeganGirl2006
Gorilla

#5 Postby VeganGirl2006 » Mon Apr 24, 2006 1:47 pm

Yeah, it is. It seems like every time a show breaks for commercials ther eis some sort of fast food in there. I am getting tired of the McGriddles commercials showing all that sausage, egg, and cheese. ICK! The bacon, egg, and cheese one is no better.
Courtney

-Linda McCartney

yogita chiquita
Rabbit

#6 Postby yogita chiquita » Wed Apr 26, 2006 7:41 am

I saw one last night for the first time - it was Ruby Tuesdays.

Alright, it's this chef all decked out in white tending a grill. It shows the burger up close - burning hot death, nice - and the narator starts to talk about all the attention to detail that goes into each "mini burger."

Hold up, MINI burger? In a world where Arby's is offering a burger that is not only topped with bacon and cheese, but also steak, and weighs a pound, someone is trying to sell America a MINI burger! For a split second, I felt the pendulum swinging in our direction a tiny bit, a commercial for a chain restaurant encouraging American's to eat less meat. Not perfect, but a nice thought.

Yeah, nice thought...until they end the commercial showing what the actual entree looks like when someone orders this mini burger. They serve you FOUR little burgers on a big plate!

How could someone order a plate of 4 burgers and not feel like a complete lard ass? Nasty.

VeganGirl2006
Gorilla

#7 Postby VeganGirl2006 » Wed Apr 26, 2006 2:07 pm

yogita chiquita wrote:How could someone order a plate of 4 burgers and not feel like a complete lard ass? Nasty.

Maybe they think that since they are mini burgers that their calories and fat are also mini. Yeah right. :roll: Still nasty!
Courtney

-Linda McCartney

Sean
Rabbit

#8 Postby Sean » Sat Apr 29, 2006 12:59 pm

I like em, they help me stay vegan because they're so gross. Unfortunately it's the opposite for non vegans. I used to hate Mike's HArd Lemonade commercial where they go to a group of hick cowboys and say "I'm here for the vegan convention". If I was lame enough to drink that isht anyway, I would've stopped then.

JW
Elephant

#9 Postby JW » Wed May 10, 2006 9:15 am

Sean wrote:I like em, they help me stay vegan because they're so gross.

I never really thought about it that way.
There certainly is truth to it though!

compassionategirl
Stegosaurus

#10 Postby compassionategirl » Wed May 10, 2006 5:52 pm

Sean wrote:I like em, they help me stay vegan because they're so gross. Unfortunately it's the opposite for non vegans. I used to hate Mike's HArd Lemonade commercial where they go to a group of hick cowboys and say "I'm here for the vegan convention". If I was lame enough to drink that isht anyway, I would've stopped then.

Meetyourmeat.com helps me stay vegan. As does the image of poor lil calves running around frenzed and scared with their umbelical cords still attached to them at a veal auction.

Even if that shit was good for you, I still wouldnt go anywhere near animal products for compassionate reasons. :)
People reviled today for their activism will be tomorrow's angels, and people respected today for their power will be tomorrow's demons. History will absolve us and condemn them. ~ Paul Watson

ronnie kray
Gorilla

#11 Postby ronnie kray » Thu May 11, 2006 12:22 am

i saw a commercial the other day for burger king. it wasn't disgusting, just annoying. just a bunch of guys singing something like "i'm a man!" and eating double whoppers. the message of course is that real men eat meat. :roll: i am so sick of that type of thinking and the whole concept of what a guy has to do to be a "real man".
"we must become the change we wish to see in the world"
- Gandhi -

compassionategirl
Stegosaurus

#12 Postby compassionategirl » Thu May 11, 2006 12:39 am

ronnie kray wrote:i saw a commercial the other day for burger king. it wasn't disgusting, just annoying. just a bunch of guys singing something like "i'm a man!" and eating double whoppers. the message of course is that real men eat meat. :roll: i am so sick of that type of thinking and the whole concept of what a guy has to do to be a "real man".

Real men are kind to animals, and not afraid to show it either. That about covers all the men here on vb&f. 8)
People reviled today for their activism will be tomorrow's angels, and people respected today for their power will be tomorrow's demons. History will absolve us and condemn them. ~ Paul Watson

CollegeB
Elephant

#13 Postby CollegeB » Thu May 11, 2006 8:16 am

I think real men are nothing like our culture portrays. I get sick of these commercials it's always some meat on the gril, lots of visuals you know they try to get people thinking about meat like they might forget to eat or something. I have seen one recently that is two guys talking and they are eating some burger type item and they are speaking in a foreign language, I guess italian. Why they show it in Texas is beyond me. It is captioned so you get the message that this guy really likes his food, but it's still really stupid.

JW
Elephant

#14 Postby JW » Thu May 11, 2006 8:55 am

There's a new Canadian beer commercial out now which advertises their new promotion .... 2 free steaks when you buy a case of beer.
not hard to imagine the images they portray :roll:

Yet another example of the "meathead culture"

BJJVegan
Manatee

#15 Postby BJJVegan » Thu May 11, 2006 8:56 am

ronnie kray wrote:i saw a commercial the other day for burger king. it wasn't disgusting, just annoying. just a bunch of guys singing something like "i'm a man!" and eating double whoppers. the message of course is that real men eat meat. :roll: i am so sick of that type of thinking and the whole concept of what a guy has to do to be a "real man".

I was actually going to comment on thats same commercial. That commercial irratates me cause they pretty much go on to say that anybody that doesnt eat meat are sissys. That you arent a man unless you eat a big fat artery clogging cheeseburger. Which seams to be the thinking of alot of people. :x so annoying!
"After he gets in there with me and i knock him out, he may want to go back to japan or some place where the competition is a little easier." Chris Leben before getting knocked out by Anderson Silva.

http://myspace.com/jimmybshmitty

Return to “General Discussion”