congradulations burger king...

Anything else on your mind that you would like to discuss with other like-minded people.

Moderators: Mini Forklift Ⓥ, C.O., Richard, robert, SyrLinus

endcruelty
Elephant

#16 Postby endcruelty » Sat May 27, 2006 1:52 am

i hope it is cuz hes huge it'd be great to have him on "our side" :) .... i checked it out and all is clear didnt find anything about fish or anything... so unless i find something i guarantee they'll be a post about it..... shit pisses me off when they say they're veggie and still eat fish or do it "part time" :)

Sean
Rabbit

#17 Postby Sean » Sat May 27, 2006 12:03 pm

I personally laugh at all of those pudgy douche bag commercials like that, truck commercials, and anything else that tries to exploit my masculinity to purchase crap because I think it will make me more manly. But to the 90% of this country(and others) who are nothing more than sheep, it subconsciously does the trick.

willpeavy
Elephant

#18 Postby willpeavy » Sat May 27, 2006 8:48 pm

How do you know Goldberg is vegetarian? Did he say it in an interview?
[url=http://willpeavy.net/:34olz5pn]willpeavy.net[/url:34olz5pn]

ronnie kray
Gorilla

#19 Postby ronnie kray » Sun May 28, 2006 1:33 pm

i have read it in several places. he is listed in international vegetarian union list of vegetarian sports personalties as well as wikipedia's list of vegetarian athletes.
also if you look here in the NNDB it list his "risk factor" being vegetarian.
it is often listed in the trivia about him, as in tv.com'swebsite.
as i mentioned earlier, has a recipe in the PETA Celebrity Vegetarian cookbook, along side well estbalished vegetarians like Alicia Silverstone and Sir Paul Mcaurtney. i dont' know of anyone else who is in that book that isn't vegetarian. click here and read the 3rd paragraph down.
it is in several of his online bios.

here is a quote from him from veg.tv website.
“I eat fruits and vegetables with every meal. I’d say 75% of my diet are vegetables. Fruit (I eat) 24/7 … like finger food.”

and he's made no secret of his love for animals. on his website he has links to The Humane Society, Animal Rescue Foundation and Casa Canine.

if he does end up being one of thos kevin eubanks "i'm vegetarian but still eat fish" type of guys, i'm gonna be the most pissed off because i keep telling everyone about it.
"we must become the change we wish to see in the world"
- Gandhi -

finbarrio
Elephant

#20 Postby finbarrio » Mon May 29, 2006 9:28 am

Ronnie-
I don't get the "risk factor" thing on that one site - risk of what? ??

The complete list of veggies on that site is pretty awesome. Some of my favorite singers and some of the most beautiful women on the planet.
"When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace" - Jimi Hendrix

pazios2002
Elephant

#21 Postby pazios2002 » Mon May 29, 2006 11:06 am

endcruelty wrote:commercial basically says vegetarians are wimps and promotes eating meat

they lost me as a customer cuz whenever i wanted a burger and burger king was around i'd get the veggie burger :) but now im just gonna walk past the place :)

I read that the original veggie burger at Burger king was vegan but the new one is only veg*n. i forget what is in it.

I used to love the first veggie burger they had.
If I am "the man", then where is "the woman"?

jonathan
Elephant

#22 Postby jonathan » Mon May 29, 2006 11:21 am

pazios2002 wrote:
endcruelty wrote:commercial basically says vegetarians are wimps and promotes eating meat

they lost me as a customer cuz whenever i wanted a burger and burger king was around i'd get the veggie burger :) but now im just gonna walk past the place :)

I read that the original veggie burger at Burger king was vegan but the new one is only veg*n. i forget what is in it.

I used to love the first veggie burger they had.

Even if the burger is vegan, you just can't give a company like Burger King money. It's like giving the Israeli's some grenades and saying "I know where some militants might just be, lets go blow up their village!". Socially irresponsible.

Jonathan
Squat
Press
Eat
Repeat

Kathryn
Elephant

#23 Postby Kathryn » Mon May 29, 2006 12:03 pm

jonathan wrote:Even if the burger is vegan, you just can't give a company like Burger King money. It's like giving the Israeli's some grenades and saying "I know where some militants might just be, lets go blow up their village!". Socially irresponsible.

Jonathan

I've read that the Burger King veggie burger has NEVER been vegan, that there always was some whey in the bun, or something (so one could get one with no bun, I suppose, but there may be something in the burger itself as well).

I tried one once, and it may or may not have been vegan, but it was quite a vile creation with a processed white bun (with who knows what chemicals and additives and 'non-foods').

ronnie kray
Gorilla

#24 Postby ronnie kray » Mon May 29, 2006 12:28 pm

finbarrio wrote:Ronnie-
I don't get the "risk factor" thing on that one site - risk of what? ??

The complete list of veggies on that site is pretty awesome. Some of my favorite singers and some of the most beautiful women on the planet.

honestly, i don't understand that either. risk factors is usually where they put smoking or alcoholic. it's where they should put "chronic meat eater". i don't know why they consider being vegetarian a risk factor. i guess they think it is an extreme lifestyle.
"we must become the change we wish to see in the world"
- Gandhi -

PaulIndeed
Rabbit

#25 Postby PaulIndeed » Sun Jun 11, 2006 4:43 pm

ronnie kray wrote:yeah that's the commercial i was talking about in the disgusting tv commercials thread. that's exactly the one. insecure guys still doing what they think makes them men. hey go ahead, eat the double whopper. end up fat and with clogged arteries in the name of being a man.

then tell this guy he is a wimp for eating "chick food".
Current King of the Cage Lightweight Champion (and vegan) Mac Danzig

This guy is awesome. My computer desktop wallpaper background used to be a picture of him wrecking this other guy.

xChrisZx
Manatee

#26 Postby xChrisZx » Mon Jun 12, 2006 10:48 am

endcruelty wrote:they lost me as a customer cuz whenever i wanted a burger and burger king was around i'd get the veggie burger :) but now im just gonna walk past the place :)

The BK veggie is not vegan... Unless they changed the recipe

endcruelty
Elephant

#27 Postby endcruelty » Mon Jun 12, 2006 4:00 pm

apparently it still is vegan in canada...... the states it used to be but then they started to add milk and eggs or something... none the less im not buying from there again :)

Return to “General Discussion”