I love August, what great timing and location!

oregonisaac

This is just when I get out of school, and what a great idea!

This really is one of the most beautiful cities around and VERY health friendly. I think it is really a better choice than LA (and sure makes it easier for me to show up). Plus LA is like 100 degrees of smog in August, we will be around 80 degrees of clean air, so you can cut back on your detox suppliments...

Keep up the great work Robert, looking forward to your event!

No offense intended to LA folks but I'm with you: Portland is a much better all-around choice. I look forward to seeing you in August Isaac. It's going to be awesome to have so many great folks here for this!

Now when it's cold & soggy here, I might be inticed to check out some of those great LA vegan places I keep hearing about... Vegan winter break anyone?

loveliberate,

I've been thinking about having multiple vegan vacations during the year, hitting up cities like L.A., Austin, Boulder, San Fran, etc.

We can choose cities based on time of the year, climate, etc. but I think having them in a variety of places will be awesome!

I was writing an e-mail recently saying this is just the first step. We've talked about the Caribbean and L.A. and other destinations and those are potential future Vegan Vacation Destinations...but the more I think about it....what better place to START than Portland?

I also enjoy L.A. and other places I've visisted and lived, but I think this will set the tone for a very exciting future of vegan vacations located within the US and North America.

loveliberate,

I've been thinking about having multiple vegan vacations during the year, hitting up cities like L.A., Austin, Boulder, San Fran, etc.

We can choose cities based on time of the year, climate, etc. but I think having them in a variety of places will be awesome!

I was writing an e-mail recently saying this is just the first step. We've talked about the Caribbean and L.A. and other destinations and those are potential future Vegan Vacation Destinations...but the more I think about it....what better place to START than Portland?

I also enjoy L.A. and other places I've visisted and lived, but I think this will set the tone for a very exciting future of vegan vacations located within the US and North America.

It would definitely be awesome to rotate V.V. and similar gatherings throughout the US (and beyond). Once folks see how much fun it is, I think it will also encourage/help them to set up their own V.V. type things whereever they are.

yeah, the group over at VF.net paved the way with their meet-up last year, and I think it's going to take off all over the world. Not just fitness related vegan meet-ups, but just establishing that sense of community and having vegans in a local regional area meet-up, as well as people traveling from distances to join and participate. A lot of good things are ahead of us.