PETA kills

CollegeB

Instead of putting the animals to sleep and dumping them in the dumpster, would it be more humane to just let them go free in some woods? or why not even a subdivision? I've gotten many of my pets because people have just ditched their animals on my cul de sac. Still 5,000 animals let loose is alot. Do we allow nature to kill them, or do we?

Are they getting reprimanded for dumping the dead bodies in a dumpster instead of cremation? Or is it the way they euthanize them?

There are many things that could happen to the animals. Dogs could starve yes, but maybe not. There was a pack of wild dogs that were running around in our woods for a year or more till someone shot them on their property. And yes cats can survive more than dogs probably, but we had foxes that would get one every once in awhile. My mom use to tell me that the hawks around here could pick up a small cat, but I have yet to see that! And male cats are very territorial, and we had one come in and oust the current male cat out and then proceeded to oust all his kittens. Not a pretty sight that morning.

My question is whether it is morally right or wrong to kill these animals humanely (as we humans like to say it) or let fate decide and let them loose onto the world and let them fend for themselves.

Like the dogs above. Would it be morally right to let them have a year of life roaming around and then get killed by human, or to round them up, send them to the pound for three weeks/or whatever limit they deem to the dogs who may be not be pet material, and then killed?

But then again, they might be adopted by a nice family and live happily ever after. Maybe we can comprimise and try one and then if that doesn't work out, then put them out in the world? Why do we say they would suffer so and end it right there?

This year I was blessed with a little kitten that was near death. She was so disease ridden that the poor little thing had hardly any blood left inside, its eyes were so crusted over with dried mucus, and she wheezed when she breathed. I cleaned her up, gave her my special herbal water (water, sea salt, agave nectar, grapefruit seed extract, and spirullina), and a hot water bottle to curl up to. She put up a night with me force feeding her the water, and she rewarded me by living through the night, releasing these incredible looking worms, and standing on her feet, and finally urinated on the table top! She was purring through this whole ordeal! That day I took her into the vets and they confirmed that she was a case of "wallking death" and she had the feline leukemia virus and that if she got better she would still be dead within the year. I didn't care, I had bonded with this kitten and was going to try the 20% recovery rate they gave me for her to pull through this. But then they told me that my other cat would probably catch the virus too, then I had to think. I wanted to give her the year to live and purr, but at the expense of my other cat's life? I could never keep the two cats apart. My cat is very territorial of our family and hasn't let another cat in our yard ever, and she is very good at sneaking into places we don't want her to be (like the fish in the bowl on the highest shelf which she finds a way to get up there!). I, actually the vet and my daughter and me, had to make the heart wrenching decision to put her to sleep as I stroked her fur and she purred her way to the sleep of death. I didn't want her to suffer anymore and she seemed to be so content when she did die. Here was a kitten who would have died along side the road if my daughter's friend hadn't picked her up and given it to my daughter (the vet volunteer), who gave it to me to see what I could do. She still ended up dead, but not alone and miserable and suffering. I still wonder if I did the right thing or not. Some times my thoughts beat me up and I should have tried to get her to recover, even if it was going to be a long battle full of suffering (her part and mine). And then how it felt so right to just let her slip of into purrland as she did. Her life touched me and changed me forever in those two days we had together, and my life experiences are fuller for it.

I can't really say if i dislike PETA or not, they're like cheaters trying to win a game.. ( making people go vegetarian? )

In other words, they're helping a lot turning and influencing people into AR, they're the ''perfect'' organization for the media.

The problem is that at the same time they're contradicting themselves and doing stuff that they shouldn't be doing, that is not only going to hurt the organization itself but also give a bad image for the movement.

I don't really know where we would be without PETA. I became Vegan because of PETA, but now that i'm vegan and everything, i avoid being a member or representing peta in any possible way. Because of PETA i'm supporting the AR movement, but not the organization ( not anymore ).

They do do some stupid things at times but then again I'd rather them look stupid and turn some people vegan than look intelligent and not turn people vegan and get respect from non vegans(and vegans)

yeah PETA is run by people and I dont think there is anyone that hasn't done something stupid. Though getting animals from a shelter and killing them definitely is a big hypocritial mistake. Of course there might be some parts of the story we dont know. either way the situation looks bad.

yeah PETA is run by people and I dont think there is anyone that hasn't done something stupid. Though getting animals from a shelter and killing them definitely is a big hypocritial mistake. Of course there might be some parts of the story we dont know. either way the situation looks bad.

Ditto.

Hmm. Supporting shelters that euthanize pit bulls upon receiving them. Making a campaign aimed at college kids to get them to drink beer instead of milk.

Most dogs would starve to death...cats would be fine other than cars.

I disagree. There are many dangers outside for cats: not only cars, but other animals (dogs, foxes, raccoons, whatever is around), diseases, and cruel people (I've read especially of people kicking and abusing black cats, merely because they are black).

I, actually the vet and my daughter and me, had to make the heart wrenching decision to put her to sleep as I stroked her fur and she purred her way to the sleep of death. I didn't want her to suffer anymore and she seemed to be so content when she did die. Here was a kitten who would have died along side the road if my daughter's friend hadn't picked her up and given it to my daughter (the vet volunteer), who gave it to me to see what I could do. She still ended up dead, but not alone and miserable and suffering. I still wonder if I did the right thing or not. Some times my thoughts beat me up and I should have tried to get her to recover, even if it was going to be a long battle full of suffering (her part and mine). And then how it felt so right to just let her slip of into purrland as she did. Her life touched me and changed me forever in those two days we had together, and my life experiences are fuller for it.

Take comfort in the fact that this kitten's final hours were filled with love, and that she went peacefully. It's hard, but sometimes 'humane euthanasia' is the best we can do for them.

There's a difference between euthanasia being used to peacefully end an animals life if it's in an incredible amount of pain and using it to just kill off pit bulls because they're "bad animals". Breed specific legislation and discrimination is bull.

PETA may do some good things, but they do enough stupid fuck up things that i don't support them. It's all or nothing. We should scrutinize the hell out of their activities. They're the big public figure for animal rights and for the past several years have been doing a less than stellar job of campaigning. They have 20 million dollars a year to spend on stuff and the majority of that money goes to idiotic "drink beer not milk" adds or "look at this naked woman, go vegan" bullshit. Believe me, you don't need to encourage college students to drink beer. Chances are they'll probably get the munchies and have some pizza with loads of meat on it later anyways. PETA just tries to stir shit up, they don't actually try and get people to think.

There's a difference between euthanasia being used to peacefully end an animals life if it's in an incredible amount of pain and using it to just kill off pit bulls because they're "bad animals". Breed specific legislation and discrimination is bull.

PETA may do some good things, but they do enough stupid fuck up things that i don't support them. It's all or nothing. We should scrutinize the hell out of their activities. They're the big public figure for animal rights and for the past several years have been doing a less than stellar job of campaigning. They have 20 million dollars a year to spend on stuff and the majority of that money goes to idiotic "drink beer not milk" adds or "look at this naked woman, go vegan" bullshit. Believe me, you don't need to encourage college students to drink beer. Chances are they'll probably get the munchies and have some pizza with loads of meat on it later anyways. PETA just tries to stir shit up, they don't actually try and get people to think.

PETA works for self-stereotyped-hippies and mainstream-outcasts.. lol

just kidding, actually, i don't really know if i can be against them, once again, they're bringing a lot of people into AR, i'm not sure if they changed they'd be helping more or not, because their idiotic way is a great way to gain enough power to do what they do.. and if PETA ended things would slow down a lot.. that wouldn't be a good thing, because a lot of vegetarians together in a huge organization, is better than vegetarians in small organizations, isn't it? all PETA need to do is change, it's sad that they don't seem to care about that..

at least they're bringing people into the subject, after that people can start support other organizations.. like me for example, i became vegan because of peta, and now the ''LAST'' AR organization that i'm going to support is PETA.

Even A.L.F seems to make a lot more sense to me than PETA does.

Newbies in the subject start with PETA, when they grow up they forget about PETA and they start supporting better organizations. lol

Have you guys seen the latest crap from Peta? Oh well, at least there is a sexy naked vegan. Or is she a vegan? Many of Peta's spokespeople aren't.

http://peta.org/feat/stateoftheunion/f-stateoftheunion.asp

That's exciting.. but it doesn't make me think about AR... other things come to mind actually.. sadly PETA is getting worse everyday..

Girls gone wild parody, stateunion-undress, beer instead of milk.. ( although cow-milk is nasty, beer still not a good alternative ), are they going crazy or what?