Brendan's NEW book available for pre-order!

Anything else on your mind that you would like to discuss with other like-minded people.

Moderators: Mini Forklift Ⓥ, C.O., Richard, robert, SyrLinus

robert
Site Admin

Brendan's NEW book available for pre-order!

#1 Postby robert » Sun Feb 18, 2007 6:08 pm

Brendan Brazier's NEW book, The Thrive Diet is now available for pre-order.

Read about it here:

http://www.amazon.ca/Thrive-Diet-Brenda ... /ref=dp_re

Enjoy!

Check out my Vegan Bodybuilding & Fitness Book on Amazon http://www.amazon.com/Vegan-Bodybuildin ... 497&sr=1-1

andgbr
Elephant

#2 Postby andgbr » Sun Feb 18, 2007 7:26 pm

SWEET! :)

veganpotter

#3 Postby veganpotter » Sun Feb 18, 2007 10:48 pm

Awesome...I'll do that in a few days

Zack
Mastodon

#4 Postby Zack » Sun Feb 18, 2007 11:02 pm

Awesome, it's just a more in-depth version of thrive isn't it?
Lifts:
250 Bench
445 Deadlift
335 Squat

Odidnetne
Stegosaurus

#5 Postby Odidnetne » Mon Feb 19, 2007 12:31 am

veganpotter wrote:Awesome...I'll do that in a few days

Speaking of which, sorry I haven't mailed back Thrive yet. :-/
www.facebook.com/OhDid

"Look at what a green thumb this guy has, he just throws plants in water and they root!"
- A good friend talking about my basil cuttings

offense74
Elephant

#6 Postby offense74 » Mon Feb 19, 2007 2:50 am

I'm sooo going to read that book! Seems to be available only in Canada though?!
The surest road to happiness is low expectations.

robert
Site Admin

#7 Postby robert » Mon Feb 19, 2007 4:23 am

Yeah, it's gonna rock. Brendan will be at my house in a few days. Maybe I can get him to post something about it.....but maybe not. He's super busy all the time, in a different city every week and touring all over. He's heading to Europe soon too.

The book is way more in depth than the first one he wrote years ago. The first book is still good, but only 112 pages or something like that. This is 320 pages and covers a detailed lifestyle of how to perform and live optimally through good nutrition and lowered stress.

Brendan really does Thrive! davidtarrfoster can't stop talking about how efficient Brendan is and I say the same a lot of the time. The guy is a machine, a pro athlete, a leader in the sports nutrition industy and becoming a good friend of mine. We'll travel together to L.A. soon and that will be fun.

I really look forward to the new book. Part of it was written here at my house while he was visiting.

Pre-orders may only be through that Canadian site but I'd assume they can be ordered from anywhere. I believe it launches sometime next month.

Check out my Vegan Bodybuilding & Fitness Book on Amazon http://www.amazon.com/Vegan-Bodybuildin ... 497&sr=1-1

Kathryn
Elephant

#8 Postby Kathryn » Mon Feb 19, 2007 9:23 am

Can you set up some kind of "signed copy of book and a package of the new Smoothie Infusion" special price deal? For your pals. Huh? :wink:

FormicaLinoleum
Elephant

#9 Postby FormicaLinoleum » Mon Feb 19, 2007 12:13 pm

Cool! We are definitely going to get it and will most likely follow the 12-week meal plan.

I don't see it on Amazon UK, though. Will it come out there? Could we buy it through you, Robert?

Edit: I just realized that Amazon CA would probably ship to the UK.
My 2012 Training Log

xdarthveganx
Elephant

#10 Postby xdarthveganx » Mon Feb 19, 2007 12:57 pm

I might have to check this out!
https://www.facebook.com/xdarthveganx
I am in the process of trying to lose 60lbs of fat while gaining lean muscle by December 2012
My fitness/transformation log can be found here

kihon_gent
Rabbit

#11 Postby kihon_gent » Mon Feb 19, 2007 1:10 pm

robert wrote:He's heading to Europe soon too.

Any idea where/when?

robert
Site Admin

#12 Postby robert » Mon Feb 19, 2007 1:58 pm

I'll see Brendan in a few days and find out his plans for his European tour. The new book should be pretty awesome. Brendan told me an entire Provence in Canada is considering using his "diet" guidelines for the curriculum of the public school system.

I don't know if I'll be able to get any signed copies of the book. His first book was a self published book and I was able to get my hands on lots of copies of it, since he published it himself. Just as I produced my own DVD, I had control over the inventory. This is a major book by the #1 book publisher in Canada. I suspect I'll be buying the book like everyone else, rather than getting any free copies.

I'll ask Brendan more about it in a few days.

Thanks for your interest.

veganpotter

#13 Postby veganpotter » Mon Feb 19, 2007 3:04 pm

It all depends...I know people that have written books that actually got more free copies than they sold(in the thousands). Of course this won't be the case with Brendan but they should give him some.

Michelle
Elephant

#14 Postby Michelle » Mon Feb 19, 2007 8:04 pm

Will the book be available from Food Fight, Veganessentials, the Veganbodybuilding main site, or elsewhere?

If not, I'll happily order from Amazon.. I just like to support small businesses when I can. :)

robert
Site Admin

#15 Postby robert » Mon Feb 19, 2007 8:24 pm

Yeah, I'm sure some of those places you mentioned will carry it. I also try to support the smaller places. I just don't know when they'll be carrying it. It might be too "healthy" for Food Fight! to carry :) I'll talk to them about it though. I plan on going there tomorrow.

Return to “General Discussion”