I just watched "Children of Men"...

loveliberate

Good stuff - apocalyptic sci-fi that's not so far removed from present day reality. Anyone else watched it? What did ya think?

Here's a trailer: http://www.apple.com/trailers/universal/childrenofmen/trailer1/

Anouther vaguely similar movie I like is "28 Days Later" - any suggestions of other movies ya think I should check out?

28 weeks is coming out in theatres. it is advertised as a continuation of 28 days. Not sure how good it will be. I really liked 28 days, but when folks mine the same idea, it is not always good.

Thanks for the replies! It's good to see that others here also enjoyed the movie.

28 Weeks looks promising. I enjoy seeing storylines continued & expanded on - hopefully this is done well in this case.

I'll look for a copy of Sleeping Dogs. Interesting premise - plus I'm always up for Kiwi films.

I've been wanting to see this since I heard about it...same with 28 weeks.

Two days ago I saw The Reaping with my mom and it was awesome...highly recommended.

davidtarrfoster really liked it, I didn't like it that much but I missed the first 20 minutes and was playing catch-up the whole time. I saw it on a "date" months ago which was kinda weird. Not the date, but watching that movie on a date.

davidtarrfoster really liked it, I didn't like it that much but I missed the first 20 minutes and was playing catch-up the whole time. I saw it on a "date" months ago which was kinda weird. Not the date, but watching that movie on a date.

I saw it on a "date" too and I think it was your date that was weird.

I really enjoyed the movie too, it was very intense, made me jump out of my seat and then cry 2 minutes later.

• 2 weeks later...